Past #44: Farren Ray - retires after 209 AFL games (4 for NM) - thanks Faz Raz

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope not. But I think you could be right.

Who cares? If he's the first one upgraded its because he's the one who deserves it.

I don't get it. If he's good enough to be in our best side then good luck to him. If he's not then someone else will be upgraded. * age. * the LoL Norf crew. We just played in the last two prelims, we must be doing something right.

Who cares? If he's the first one upgraded its because he's the one who deserves it.

I don't get it. If he's good enough to be in our best side then good luck to him. If he's not then someone else will be upgraded. **** age. **** the LoL Norf crew. We just played in the last two prelims, we must be doing something right.

FFS. The bloke hasn't finished his career at two other clubs. But will be good enough to fit into the best 22. Will be just holding out another player. Rather just develop our own than a 29 year old rookie.

FFS. The bloke hasn't finished his career at two other clubs. But will be good enough to fit into the best 22. Will be just holding out another player. Rather just develop our own than a 29 year old rookie.

We've still got plenty developing. If they are good enough they'll play ahead of him. It's that simple

Simple thing is. The coach will go the experienced player over the younger developing players.

Why are you all so surprised as if NMFC would have avoided picking up a player around the 30 year old mark before the season started....

its what we do.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The coach will go the player who is performing better, and if that's Farren then good on him.

If Dumont-McKenzie-Turner etc. dont bang the door down with good form and cant push out a 29 y.o who got delisted from a bottom club, then the problem is not with Farren. Its with the younger guys who need to be "gifted" games, rather than earn them.

Really. Guess that's why Gibbo stays in the team.
Ok, yes it is. Because he is performing better, he is in the team. Don't know and don't care who you particularly think is being hard done by, but we have had a few years of our young midfield getting games to build a core. Now games are harder-earned. That is life in a good club. Brown, Turner and Garner have earned them. Jacobs earned them. No reason for all the young players not to think thy can't do the same if they play well enough.

Would have been a good depth pickup for the right club. But North with all its experience on the park is not the right club. Waste of a pick.

Yeah we should've taken some spud who'll never play a game and delist him in 2 years. That's heaps better then picking up a handy player who can play but will probably retire in 2-3 years.

Better yet we should've grabbed a couple of drug cheats who have shown they might be good enough one, except now they'll have to be clean so they're going to play nothing but VFL.

Oh better yet let's pick up s couple of drug cheats who can't even play footy of any kind for 12 months.

Thanks for the LOLz.

Now * off campaigner

Would have been a good depth pickup for the right club. But North with all its experience on the park is not the right club. Waste of a pick.
See Timmy, it ain't all about depth though. Its about development too.

We have a 2nds team with a very young midfield group. Ray playing VFL will be like having another Jarrad Moore out there who was playing coach 2 years ago for Werribee. This is called a solid development strategy. As a consequence of our reserve mids being for the most part 21 or younger they may not be developed enough to play a designated role for 120 minutes at AFL level, and lets face it, when pushing for a flag that consistency is vital for role players within a team. With Ray we at least have another AFL ready option if need be. And what is a list of 44 for if not to have options?

His selection was well reasoned. That you dont agree is moot and the argument that we wasted a rookie spot is daft when other factors are taken into consideration. But yeah, norf are old etc.

If you win a flag I agree, don't win one tho, a,or of players to cover. If the tigers list was like that I'd be a little uneasy, but I guess when your window is open you gotta go for it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back