QAFA (A) 2015 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Buffs will show big improvement in 2016 with the roosters runner up bnf and interleague medal winner Jay Parker taking on the 2s job and will dominate the Centre square and 2 X premiership ruck mitch fryer back at buff land will be no push over in 2016 .

Roosters have named there coaching staff for 2016 and will be led by the big bald fella simmo , smart footy head and very respected down at the pen . Always pays up when his doggies choke.

sun's will be the bench mark team great coach and guns all across the park already and will get better (I seen the ground is coming along nicely ) .

Viccy point and wynnum might have gone under the radar but that will change I think it's going to be a massive fight for 2nd spot this year out of 4 or 5 sides .

Is kedron coming up to our division ?
Heard the buffs had recruited well,suns you would expect to build on last year.
Ipswich and pine rivers the two sides that will be interesting to see what players they can recruit,Hooper supposable gone from Ipswich.
Sounds like roosters have lost a few handy players.
Beleive Kedron do want to come into the comp,is it definite that bond are going up????

Buffs will show big improvement in 2016 with the roosters runner up bnf and interleague medal winner Jay Parker taking on the 2s job and will dominate the Centre square and 2 X premiership ruck mitch fryer back at buff land will be no push over in 2016 .

Roosters have named there coaching staff for 2016 and will be led by the big bald fella simmo , smart footy head and very respected down at the pen . Always pays up when his doggies choke.

sun's will be the bench mark team great coach and guns all across the park already and will get better (I seen the ground is coming along nicely ) .

Viccy point and wynnum might have gone under the radar but that will change I think it's going to be a massive fight for 2nd spot this year out of 4 or 5 sides .

Is kedron coming up to our division ?

I think with Bond going up the Suns will be logical favourites for the flag. Apparently they have topped up nicely again with another 5 or 6 SUrfers players.

Viccy Point have been very active in the recruiting stakes and have snared some quality players from varying clubs plus a few of the Redlands U18's so they will be around the money for sure.

Carrara were the smokies last year and wouldn't have to improve to much to be in the mix again.

Not sure about Wynnum and Pine Rivers as they are quietly going about their business along with the Buffs. All could be big improvers without surprising.

Think the Roosters will be in a bit of rebuilding but they can never be underestimated. Kedron if they do come up could throw the cats amongst the pigeons after being finalist in higher division only 12 months ago.

As for my Mughty Pirates we are hoping in our third year we can at least play finals this year. New addition of NP to coaching staff has been great thus far. Bring on first Saturday in April.

I think with Bond going up the Suns will be logical favourites for the flag. Apparently they have topped up nicely again with another 5 or 6 SUrfers players.

Viccy Point have been very active in the recruiting stakes and have snared some quality players from varying clubs plus a few of the Redlands U18's so they will be around the money for sure.

Carrara were the smokies last year and wouldn't have to improve to much to be in the mix again.

Not sure about Wynnum and Pine Rivers as they are quietly going about their business along with the Buffs. All could be big improvers without surprising.

Think the Roosters will be in a bit of rebuilding but they can never be underestimated. Kedron if they do come up could throw the cats amongst the pigeons after being finalist in higher division only 12 months ago.

As for my Mughty Pirates we are hoping in our third year we can at least play finals this year. New addition of NP to coaching staff has been great thus far. Bring on first Saturday in April.
Good luck to the Pirates in 2016, hopefully the injury curse is no more and you can keep your list healthy and play finals after narrowly missing last two years.
Vic Point to be big improvers, Ippy to slide back, Roosters to miss finals, Carrara will be there again, Kedron will make top 5, Wynnum to climb up, Suns will be much stronger, Pine Rivers and Redcliffe to struggle and the Buffs to improve but still a long way off top 5 teams.

Good luck to the Pirates in 2016, hopefully the injury curse is no more and you can keep your list healthy and play finals after narrowly missing last two years.
Vic Point to be big improvers, Ippy to slide back, Roosters to miss finals, Carrara will be there again, Kedron will make top 5, Wynnum to climb up, Suns will be much stronger, Pine Rivers and Redcliffe to struggle and the Buffs to improve but still a long way off top 5 teams.

Don't sit on the fence Karma, give us your top 5 and predicted GF Winner. Let's get it out there son.

Don't sit on the fence Karma, give us your top 5 and predicted GF Winner. Let's get it out there son.
Top 5 Vic Point, Suns, Kedron, Carrara, Park Ridge,
Bottom 6
Wynnum, Roosters, Redcliffe, Pine Rivers, Buffs, Eagles.

GF Suns v Vic Point, Suns by 1 point

I heard a whisper that Kedron are going to be told that if they have enough for 2 teams, they can go back to the QFA.

Nah looking more and more likely that they will be QAFA A. Looking like they will have the numbers - fair few from Redcliffe have crossed over. No real gun recruits as of yet though. Fitzgibbon and Enkera may go around again - wonder if the higher pace/longer quarters will seem them as effective as last year?

Nah looking more and more likely that they will be QAFA A. Looking like they will have the numbers - fair few from Redcliffe have crossed over. No real gun recruits as of yet though. Fitzgibbon and Enkera may go around again - wonder if the higher pace/longer quarters will seem them as effective as last year?

I think they will still be more than competitive in our competition. Remember Bond won same division in 2014 and did same in our Como in 2015. Might not have the depth but their best 18-20 players will make them more than a handful.

If Redcliffe losing players to Kedron are they going to struggle to out 2 teams on the park?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't have though Fitzgibbon would have an issue with longer quarters, running machine.

Enkera might be a bit slower, but he can certainly play. I think you'll find the pace is now faster or slower in QAFA A, possibly a bit slower purely due to longer quarters.

I think they will still be more than competitive in our competition. Remember Bond won same division in 2014 and did same in our Como in 2015.

Bond won a much weaker comp in 2014, the South comp is nothing like the Central comp.

Kedron will be a finals certainty in QAFA A, but their 2015 side wouldn't have knocked off Bond or the Suns, around par with
Moorooka from what I saw.

Bond won a much weaker comp in 2014, the South comp is nothing like the Central comp.

Kedron will be a finals certainty in QAFA A, but their 2015 side wouldn't have knocked off Bond or the Suns, around par with
Moorooka from what I saw.

Fair point QAFL. I agree think Bond were even a lot better side from 2014 to 2015.

I think our comp went up a notch last year and judging by some of the names being thrown around at clubs this year it will go up again in 2016.

I think clubs that didn't make the finals last year would have to improve dramatically to make it this year.

Was saddened to hear of the passing of Dean Webb son of Moorooka President Webby. Sincere condolences from all of the Park Ridge Pirates FC.

I am sure all the Rooster boys will get around him during these testing times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back