Games Shops and Online/Mail Order

Would've been around for 20+ years. They used to be fantastic.

Then they made you feel bad for browsing in their store, orders took forever of never came and service got terrible.Such a shame.
More like 30+?

Nov 3, 2006
Here
AFL Club
Carlton
I think I got their catalogue when I was about 12. Has to be 30-35 years.
Shame it has turned out this way. Always had a fantastic range, and the service used to be so great.

Wonder if there was a change of owners or something in the past 5 years or so which is about when i noticed things weren't so great.

tehnoodnub

Team Captain
Dec 3, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Shame it has turned out this way. Always had a fantastic range, and the service used to be so great.

Wonder if there was a change of owners or something in the past 5 years or so which is about when i noticed things weren't so great.

I've never been a customer so I can't say with a high degree of certainty but I believe they did have a change in ownership about 2-3 years ago.

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Milsims went to s**t when they moved. Ordered (pay on ship, so not out of pocket) stuff for Christmas 2014 that they didn't have in stock and never did get to me. On holiday in Melbourne over Christmas/New Years this year and went to their new store. Stock was poor, a ton of games where they had expansions, but not the base game. Will keep an eye out for clearance stuff, but disappointing considering how good they were at their peak.

Goodo73

Premium Platinum
Apr 13, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
LA Lakers
I was wondering what was happening with Milsims. Tried to check a price on a game and the site had a 'down for maintenance' message. Was only then I noticed they'd moved to Boronia. A pity, as they were often the cheapest option.

Not that I went in there a lot, but when I did go in I found the staff there were on a par with KFC staff with helpfulness and customer relations.

Actually, that's an unfair thing to say ... about KFC staff. ;)

Back