FTA-TV SPOILERS: Survivor: Second Chance S31

Remove this Banner Ad

He didn't appear to be scrambling, but he's definitely been playing both sides pretty well - he's had Ciera/Abi/Wentworth on his side and then Spencer/Jeremy/Steven were all discussing things with him like they had him on-side. And seriously, EVERYONE in this thread assumed that the moment he lost immunity he was gone, but that didn't eventuate. Gotta give him some credit for that!
But it wasn't because of anything he did that he's still there. If they got rid of him, it's game over because Jeremy, Stephen, Tasha and Kimmi would've run the game.

He got lucky that he lost immunity at the last chance the other group had of breaking the power alliance. He was so resigned to going home.

It wouldn't have mattered anyway but Fishbach should have stolen Wentworth's vote instead of Joe's because in the event of a tie between himself and Joe it would have given him a vote to use in the re-vote.

It's gone horrible now.

Don't take out the big target when you have your chance?

I hope Joe wins now to punish them.

Well I still hope Jeremy or Spencer wins but I think they turned on Stephen a little too early.

I can only assume that they assumed Stephen was a bigger threat than he actually is.

Agree with this.

If he let Fishback go, Joe would have been next in line which would have left 8 players and him with 2 idols, and in a voting bloc with Tash, Spencer and Kimmi.

All he did was put that extra target on his back for what turns out to have been minimal gain.

Had to laugh at Fishback using Joes vote to vote Joe out and "marinating" in it.

Keith is just Comedy Central. Glad he's still there even though he won't win it.

This is so easy to say in retrospect. Jeremy playing his idol on Stephen was 100% the right move imo. You keep a target in the game who will be 100% loyal to you who has a special advantage in the game. The mistake was splitting the votes at the next tribal - if they dont do that then the 4 of Jeremy, Tasha, Kimmi and Stephen are in control of the game.

Spencer obviously isnt that tight with any of them so there is no guarantees he would have just voted Joe out next anyway. You could lose Kimmi as well if you go against her and take out her #1 ally

Even if the end result is just taking out Ciera i still like the move from him at the time and dont want to Monday morning quarterback it just because Stephen goes next tribal. I still think he is in a good position to win and it added a bit to his final tribal resume

He didn't appear to be scrambling, but he's definitely been playing both sides pretty well - he's had Ciera/Abi/Wentworth on his side and then Spencer/Jeremy/Steven were all discussing things with him like they had him on-side. And seriously, EVERYONE in this thread assumed that the moment he lost immunity he was gone, but that didn't eventuate. Gotta give him some credit for that!

He gets credit for nothing.

The only reason he is safe is because Spencer saw where he was in the pecking order with the other group and wasnt happy to ride it out for 5th. He said he was fine with going home tonight! Spencer and Wentworth had to snap him out of it and tell him not to just concede defeat. He did nothing to affect the vote as per usual

Fantastic 2 episodes. Just brilliant how it played out

90% of the players are going hard. Abi and Kimmi are the only 2 who i don't think deserve to win, as they've both done SFA (Kimmi more so) and maybe even Keith. But Keith is alright in my books. Is a pisser with his one liners

This is one of the best - splitting votes when you don't have to - why did they do it and not just vote Joe out? They thought he had an idol? Seriously, that's what they thought?

Want Wentworth to win it.
It's easy to say when we see everything. They were convinced he would've found the idol because he was apparently looking constantly.

If i was Jeremy i would have done a super sneako and given Fish his idol on the side and said "Play this tonight, but don't tell anyone i gave it to you" would have still kept Fish in and not put any sort of target on his back with his alliance, as well as having Fish in his debt.

Is there anything more annoying than people saying - in hindsight - what they would've done?

We get 3 days condensed into about 42 minutes, and they've barely eaten for 3 weeks. I don't think anyone can or should pretend to say what a genius they are when none of us have any idea how we'd react in that situation.

Nah. He knew his "alliance" wanted Fishback gone and he turned on them to save him, the strategic sacrifice would have been a better move and allowed him to keep both his idols.

His "alliance" was Fish and Kimmi, who obviously didnt want him gone.

If they didnt split the votes the next episode then he is running s**t still with an idol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there anything more annoying than people saying - in hindsight - what they would've done?

We get 3 days condensed into about 42 minutes, and they've barely eaten for 3 weeks. I don't think anyone can or should pretend to say what a genius they are when none of us have any idea how we'd react in that situation.

Also with the added benefit of seeing all the other players confessionals...

so finally watched the double episode and how good was that! Little disappointed to see Ciera go purely for hotness. That girl doesnt need makeup whatsoever. Little pathetic saying she sacrificed her "chance to win immunity" for the tribes better shelter when she would never come close to winning it, but whatever.

Best thing was seeing Stephen the whiney "i must kill Joe because he reminds me of JT" bitch. Fishbach may think he is a clever genius, but his obsession with Joe could actually be diagnosed as a mental illness. Joe had done nothing to him lol. Watching Fishbach use his advantage with a smug look on his face, then "marinade" in the moment was hilarious. What a twat!

Abi needs to be kicked in the ovaries to stop that bloodline of hers.

Smell ya later Stephen. Loved how he considered his special power a 3 vote swing. Do you even math Fish?
The guy is as dumb as dog s**t to get that advantage and not use it to full advantage.

I think people here are being a little kind to "Fishbach". And it was quite funny that he had no idea what was coming. He kind of deserved it for outsmarting himself with the vote split.

I'm really enjoying the series so far. It's very different for this show that we were down to 10 tonight, and it was still pretty difficult to figure out who was working with who, and even more difficult to figure out who was/is loyal to who.

Just a plain dumb arse. He carries on about this Joe guy forever and then when he gets the chance to vote twice he does not even use one of them on him. Incredibly dumb and amusing his reaction when he was voted out to be so clueless and praise the others to save some face from just how dumb he looked.

That was hilarious.

Jeremy's move was such a double edged sword. Spencer started questioning them then and when Fishbach picked Tasha for the reward that was all she wrote.

Yep. Another dumb move. He gave a reward to Tasha, when he should have clearly repaid some of Jeremy's massive favour. He was lucky they gave him a second person he could take , but by then Jeremy probably already decided enough favours for the *******.

That was some double episode!
Classic how Fishback reacted when he got voted out.
so finally watched the double episode and how good was that! Fishbach may think he is a clever genius. Watching Fishbach use his advantage with a smug look on his face, then "marinade" in the moment was hilarious. What a twat!

I simply was amazed at just how dumb this guy was.
The episodes were incredible just for that alone.

Is Stephen Fishbach the dumbest human in Survivor history? Survey says yes.

He was one JT immunity loss from being one of the better winners, and entered this season as the biggest strategic threat. Yeah he made mistakes, but he did well to get this far. Good TV too.

Although Rob is still the greatest Know-it-all

What's all this "sick of people saying with hindsight" stuff, what else would we do here if not dissect the decisions everyone made, it's pretty much all there is to discuss.

I can't speak for others, but that's not what I said - I said the "what I would've done" line is ridiculous because no one can possibly know what they would've done, or what actually goes on over the course of a 3-day period.

From my point of view, I get that the players wouldn't have the information we have but it's fun to say, if not what they should have done, then what YOU would have done in their position. For me, it's part of the fun of watching the show.

Surprised that none of them have questioned whether Jeremy has another idol. No way that he plays it for Fishbach if he only has the one.

Also I kind of wish that they were not allowed to speak after getting voted out. Find it annoying when they do the 'great blindside guys, well played, love you all" as they walk off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back