Roast Membership door knock

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe I'm being mean but can the club focus on what I really want. A good game plan, we did pretty well in the draft and hopefully we can get over the WADA hurdle but I really don't need the club to come around now, by all means if they are playing crap in July/August then I will be seeking the club out.

Maybe I'm being mean but can the club focus on what I really want. A good game plan, we did pretty well in the draft and hopefully we can get over the WADA hurdle but I really don't need the club to come around now, by all means if they are playing crap in July/August then I will be seeking the club out.

Yeah, the hollow rhetoric in the card 'signed' by Jobe was a bit rich considering he was a primary culprit of the spiritless mindset before he called his season short.

We don't need words. Too many words in the past few years. I'd rather the club keep its mouth closed and worry only about winning. The key word here is 'only' as I'm sure they are very focussed on winning but they need to stop with the other crap.

It's just a card saying thank you. They aren't ignoring the off season training. It ain't like the whole club is coming to your door.

Yeah, the hollow rhetoric in the card 'signed' by Jobe was a bit rich considering he was a primary culprit of the spiritless mindset before he called his season short.

We don't need words. Too many words in the past few years. I'd rather the club keep its mouth closed and worry only about winning. The key word here is 'only' as I'm sure they are very focussed on winning but they need to stop with the other crap.

I have never called Jobe spiritless, I am hoping you were piss taking as Jobe is one player who leaves it out on the park and I have never suggested the club should shut up, quite the opposite.

I have never called Jobe spiritless, I am hoping you were piss taking as Jobe is one player who leaves it out on the park and I have never suggested the club should shut up, quite the opposite.

He was this year. Quite disappointing.

Wonder if they will knock on my door...had to stop my 7 year 4 high mark memberships on Friday. My missus quit her job a year ago to help my youngest transition into high school as he has fairly significant learning problems. Money is tight, and the past few years have been not fun. Also kids sport on Sat and Sunday afternoon meant that are seats were vacant more than half of the games last year. Had no choice...bit sad really.

WOW!!! It's a gesture of giving something back to the members.

Last edited by a moderator:
Regardless of whether having a club staff member rock up and hand deliver a letter appeals to you on your individual level, at least appreciate the lengths the club is going to rebuild trust and say thanks to the members and fans. A lot of people are taking a lot of time to do this thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jobe spiritless

* me dead

Don't take me out of context.

He was. This year. Do you believe he gave close to 100%? Do you believe he played with heart?

I certainly don't and I don't think he is untouchable or a sacred cow.

He let the team down IMO.

This is in stark contrast to his previous years where he gave so much.

Regardless of whether having a club staff member rock up and hand deliver a letter appeals to you on your individual level, at least appreciate the lengths the club is going to rebuild trust and say thanks to the members and fans. A lot of people are taking a lot of time to do this thing.

I appreciate it to a certain level however the club doesn't have to be worried about my support, it has that.

WE ARE ESSENDON

Sounds lovely even in November

Don't take me out of context.

He was. This year. Do you believe he gave close to 100%? Do you believe he played with heart?

I certainly don't and I don't think he is untouchable or a sacred cow.

He let the team down IMO.

This is in stark contrast to his previous years where he gave so much.

Yes, he played with heart and gave everything he had.

Again

* me dead

Yes, he played with heart and gave everything he had.

Again

**** me dead

I really don't think you were paying attention if you came to that opinion. Even Thompson alluded to it.

http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news...ays-former-bombers-coach-20150718-gif9dr.html

"Watson, 30, has just had a shoulder reconstruction and will not play again this year. The surgery has come at a time when he has admitted to not enjoying the sport, and has contemplated ceding the captaincy."

"I think even last year he fluctuated a bit at certain pressure levels and one of the pressure levels was when they all thought and knew the show-cause letters would come to them," Thompson said.

"When that happens you could just see ... things would just drop off a little bit, would go quiet, training levels would drop and performance level would drop. There is no doubt that it has affected him."

Wierd... Almost patronising!

If they turn up at my place they best be bringing a masseuse to rub my temples for the headache I've had since my 2013 membership...

Cmon guys. Of course he is going to get burnt-out. The last 3 years has impacted him as a captain more than any other player. I wouldn't say that he let the team down. There's only so much a guy can take.

With the WADA appeal behind us, I think you'll see a bit of the old Jobe again.

I really don't think you were paying attention if you came to that opinion. Even Thompson alluded to it.

http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news...ays-former-bombers-coach-20150718-gif9dr.html

"Watson, 30, has just had a shoulder reconstruction and will not play again this year. The surgery has come at a time when he has admitted to not enjoying the sport, and has contemplated ceding the captaincy."

"I think even last year he fluctuated a bit at certain pressure levels and one of the pressure levels was when they all thought and knew the show-cause letters would come to them," Thompson said.

"When that happens you could just see ... things would just drop off a little bit, would go quiet, training levels would drop and performance level would drop. There is no doubt that it has affected him."

I reckon Jobe gave everything he had.

Was that less than he’s had at other times? Of course. Doesn’t mean he’s not done everything within his powers.

Seriously, I don’t know what to say to people who think this years-long horseshit isn’t going to have an effect on people.

The concept is to hand deliver notes of thank-you for support during a difficult time.

People would seriously respond with “you’re spiritless, go win some games” after he’d led the club through unprecedented circumstances that are basically never-ending?

* me dead

Remove this Banner Ad

Back