Competitions 2016 Essendon Board "Your boy" Draft- Sign up and discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

in becos i can look at a few interstate gamez and might be useful

Yeah I'm in.

And its Gumby bitches.
COINV18CRD_jburrows_jb_invis_disp_18mmx33m_clear.jpg

I'll give it a try. My sophisticated algorithm data cruncher will provide me stats for everything.

So stealing a concept off several other team boards that seems to go pretty well.

We get a group of posters to sign up (hopefully enough for all seniors + rookies) and then we conduct a draft where every poster gets to select one player that for season 2016 will be "their boy." The idea being that poster keeps a special eye on the player throughout the season, keep us updated, advocate strongly for their selection (if they want) and just in general take that player under their wing on this board.

The draft order will be randomized by myself after we get all the sign ups in. Once the draft is started you will have 24 hours to make your selection, after that we move onto the next person though whenever you log back in you can make your choice after that initial 24 hour period.

Thoughts? Feedback? Sign ups?

Signed Up

Boncer34
eth-dog
TheFrenchCut
MightyDons4
RYAN COMEY
Vindicater
Count me in lads

Reckon we should try to get enough posters for 2 players each (incl rookies)

Not in, just adding to this. If this is going to be a serious thing where people give meaningful and detailed updates on players for the rest of the board, can only at least semi regular VFL watchers pick players who will spend a lot of time in the twos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not in, just adding to this. If this is going to be a serious thing where people give meaningful and detailed updates on players for the rest of the board, can only at least semi regular VFL watchers pick players who will spend a lot of time in the twos.
I can tell you right now some people will never update us. They'll sign up, draft and forget.

It's only designed to be a bit of fun with each participant to decide how much they want to partake.

Just 7 spots left.

Doss, Beerfish, Harlequin, Loonerty, Lance Uppercut

Any interest?
I have an ideological objection to codifying such a beautiful natural process ;) and further I personally think you can only claim a player who is either young and unknown or otherwise a whipping boy. You need to be taking a risk. Claiming obvious stars is just not right!

BTW if I've ****ed up and miscounted then I have contingencies in place for that. (IE if we have 46 posters one player will end up with 2 posters)

As soon as the sign up is complete I will be starting the draft.

I have an ideological objection to codifying such a beautiful natural process ;) and further I personally think you can only claim a player who is either young and unknown or otherwise a whipping boy. You need to be taking a risk. Claiming obvious stars is just not right!
Is that a long way of going hell yes I'm in but I'm gonna take Nick Kommer, Dempsey or Ashby?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back