Not Worth A Thread - Random Bulldog Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.theage.com.au/sport/wada-likens-essendon-to-balco-case-20151127-gl9uxt.html

Montreal The World Anti-Doping Agency has highlighted the watershed BALCO case, which condemned international stars such as Marion Jones without any positive tests, as a relevant precedent for prosecuting Essendon footballers.

And this looks like bad news for the Essendon payers involved in Dank's supplement program, including Stewart Crameri.
WADA is questioning the standard of proof applied by the AFL to the Essendon case.
"Quite simply, if the BALCO cases had been decided under the principles followed by the AFL tribunal, none of the BALCO people would have been sanctioned," according to the head of WADA.
As with WADA's findings against Russian athletics, this is what happens when a dispassionate body gets involved.

does anybody know when was the last time we beat Hawthorn? to the nearest decade will do. I predict 2016 to be a drought breaker.

does anybody know when was the last time we beat Hawthorn? to the nearest decade will do. I predict 2016 to be a drought breaker.
Rd 3 2010.

not including the NAB cup? because I'm sure that we beat them when Jake Stringer kicked his first goal & what a goal it was
Have it in my sig :) Didn't bother about the other team too much but it was Hawthorn :p

Was reading about the 1989 proposed merger today and learnt a whole lot of stuff that i didn't know. Does the dogs board have a thread where recollections are posted, i found the Fitzroy one but couldn't find any from your board.

Was reading about the 1989 proposed merger today and learnt a whole lot of stuff that i didn't know. Does the dogs board have a thread where recollections are posted, i found the Fitzroy one but couldn't find any from your board.
sorry buddy, no idea. It's hard to believe you guys were on the chopping block at one stage. Maybe we should start a 'piss off GWS bring back Fitzroy' thread

Some classics there, Fossie. I see Liam Jones, Gia, Mark Austin, Gryan Riffen and a dreadlocked Dahl. Ah, memories :straining:
That was a surreal moment - after all the excitement about drafting him, first touch in AFL and kicks a magical goal :)

Details of a function put on by the Altona Hockey Club in Newport with a strong Bulldogs flavour. Sorry for spamming the advertising but though this was the best place to put this. Tickets are still available. I am going along. Should be a good night, mate of mine organised it. He works a bit with Picken, so Picken organised the Dogs players

Murphy, Stringer and Picken appearing at fundraising gala in Newport on December 5th from 5:30pm onwards

$80 per person includes dinner and entertainment – book tickets here: http://www.ticketebo.com.au/altona-hockey-club/ahc-fundraising-gala.html
Individual tickets or tables can be bought via the link.

Venue: Substation in Newport – an Arts and Cultural hub right near Newport train station and cab rank - thesubstation.org.au
Dinner: Canapes, Carvery Buffet with salads, dessert buffet (incl. tea/coffee)
Drinks at bar prices (with local brewer, Award Winning Two Birds, the major sponsor and feature beer of the night).

Entertainment: Something for everybody, with AFL superstars, an international soccer champion and an international comedian from the USA!

· The All-Australian and Western Bulldogs Captain, the thinking man’s footballer, the Chief Rascal himself, Bob Murphy, will lead his loyal lieutenant, Bulldogs tough man, Liam Picken, and the young excitement machine, All-Australian Jake “The Package” Stringer giving an insight into the dramatic turnaround in form at the Bulldogs in 2015 and their chances for 2016.
· Former Australian Captain and FOUR TIME World Cup Matilda, Melissa Barbieri, will tell us her story, as a world class female sports star, turned mother, and help us relive the Matilda’s fairy tale 2015 World Cup performance.
· After that we’ll finish off with a few laughs from US Comedian Mike Goldstein
· Local acoustic musicican, Sean McLaughlin, will play some covers at the end of the night
- There is also a major raffle (you can win a TV) and a silent auction with a fantastic spread of items to bid for.

Altona HC Fundraising Gala – all profits go towards the New Facilities Fund

Our clash jumper for 2016:

52861-western-bulldogs-2016-mens-on-field-clash-guernsey-2000.jpg

Do not want.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately not; confirmed as our only clash guernsey for 2016.
http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2015-11-30/new-clash-guernsey-no-red-in-2016

Really don't like it. I hope this isn't the beginning of a push towards new home guernseys. Our set was near perfect as it was.

I am really angry about that jumper. Not just a negative reaction to it because it is new but because someone has been paid to make that decision and it is simply put, a s**t one.

A few comments: the fans resoundingly ditched any cartoon logo and mandated a return to hoops as our jumper. I think most would prefer this extend to clash jumpers, it was clearly a desire for a more simple, traditional look. The club have gone against the wishes of the members.

We have a perfect set of jumpers for clash / away scenarios that are basic, effective variants of our actual jumper already. A more logical, classy set than anyone else in the league and we've pissed it away for that heap of s**t.

Blue strip - home games White - MFC, FrFC, EFC, AFC, BLFC away Red - WCE, GFC, CFC, NMFC and CFC away

The jumper is important to me, I am bitterly disappointed.

I'm more disappointed in having to pay the same amount in a medium as someone else in a 7xl. Geez, that's a lot of material

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back