Rumour Bluemour Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

They are/were all cheapies, to get a JAG or Prestia, we'd have to give up our first rounder next year and I'm not prepared to pay that price.

Prestia would be handy for a club a few years more advanced in their rebuild like Melbourne.

From what I've been told the way we'd go about it would be to turn our first round pick into two first round picks and go from there. We don't expect to be too high up on the ladder next year with all the changes that have been made to the playing and coaching staff.

I do believe we would be able to get at least one of them at the very least.

They are/were all cheapies, to get a JAG or Prestia, we'd have to give up our first rounder next year and I'm not prepared to pay that price.

Prestia would be handy for a club a few years more advanced in their rebuild like Melbourne.
Don't discount the Guy McKenna connection at the bombers either

I don't know about that.

Take JO'M. Let's say out of contract and wants to go and is a season on from a serious knee injury.

GCS may well be happy with 2016 2nd, (say #20) + Everitt. (Given Eade's man crush on Andrejs)
- In fact we may get away with less.

Or we may be able to swing our first, (#1) + Everitt, for their first (say#4) + JO'M

I just don't think it would be as expensive as you think.

Jaeger is worth anything we give up for him.

Jaeger would have gone No.1 in last years draft over McCartin, No.1 in Boyd's draft and Weitering vs Jaeger would be a very tough decision. Unless next years crop is a Judd/Hodge/Ball super draft and Petrevski-Seton is the next AFL superstar then Jaeger would definitely be worth our first. Especially considering the fact he's out of contract could definitely allow us to get him for a little less.

I don't know about that.

Take JO'M. Let's say out of contract and wants to go and is a season on from a serious knee injury.

GCS may well be happy with 2016 2nd, (say #20) + Everitt. (Given Eade's man crush on Andrejs)
- In fact we may get away with less.

Or we may be able to swing our first, (#1) + Everitt, for their first (say#4) + JO'M

I just don't think it would be as expensive as you think.
I reckon next year we'll be keen to get an 18-year old top flight mid with a top 3 pick so we could offer our 2017 first + if we're talking hypotheticals.

I'm still trying to piece together the Wines rumour - very exciting... but not sure who he supported as a kid. Would've thought the Dees given his strong friendship with the Vineys.

Anyway.... Looooooooooonnnnnggg way out so lets way til mid-season before really getting into these rumours. So much can change in the first six months of a new season.

I reckon next year we'll be keen to get an 18-year old top flight mid with a top 3 pick so we could offer our 2017 first + if we're talking hypotheticals.

I'm still trying to piece together the Wines rumour - very exciting... but not sure who he supported as a kid. Would've thought the Dees given his strong friendship with the Vineys.

Anyway.... Looooooooooonnnnnggg way out so lets way til mid-season before really getting into these rumours. So much can change in the first six months of a new season.

agreed. Just think it's short sighted to say anyone half decent, (or fully decent in JO'M or Prestia's case), would cost our first rounder.

Definitely a Blues man. Grew up idolising Matty Lappin and his Great Uncle Clinton was a '45 Premiership player.

I also think we have to start working on player retention, for a variety of reasons, (and most not associated with Malthouse believe it or not) we have let too many quality players walk away for pretty much zilch in return.

Much happier with us locking away our prized young assets long term, like Cripps, Weitering and Hazza Mac, before we even contemplate going for talent from other clubs.

Its a terrible PR look for the club having at least one or two quality players walk out after every season .. That needs serious rectifying.

Thats a very good idea i think. Hit next years draft again but solidify the current age bracket by forgoing 2017's first to pick up a superstar two two years into the game. Plus we'd also be expecting to go up the ladded in 2017 with Jaeger, Cripps dominating and Weitering/Curnow/McKay into their second years developing strongly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I also think we have to start working on player retention, for a variety of reasons, (and most not associated with Malthouse believe it or not) we have let too many quality players walk away for pretty much zilch in return.

Much happier with us locking away our prized young assets long term, like Cripps, Weitering and Hazza Mac, before we even contemplate going for talent from other clubs.

Its a terrible PR look for the club having at least one or two quality players walk out after every season .. That needs serious rectifying.

again we can agree to disagree.

It's a worse look to have disaffected twats applying themselves when they feel like it.

again we can agree to disagree.

It's a worse look to have disaffected twats applying themselves when they feel like it.

Surely you must agree that its more important for us to lock away Cripps on a long term deal before bringing on other young stars on big coin.

I'm trying to work out who JAG is!!
18433425.jpg

Thought it was obvious.

Garlett and Robinson, yes, but that was 12 months ago - look forward. We got a decent return on each of the four departees this year.

3 of the 4 had go home issues, the other was an interstater with 'issues', you'll notice that we've focussed on Victorian kids this time around. Glass-McCasker is a good investment as even if he wants to return home in a few years, we may have upgraded a rookie pick to a second rounder.

Surely you must agree that its more important for us to lock away Cripps on a long term deal before bringing on other young stars on big coin.

Just don't see the problem in ditching wayward, disruptive players. Nor do I think it posed a PR disaster.

I'm not disputing Cripps importance. Don't put words in my mouth, and don't call me Shirley.

My point about us not being an attractive destination club at the moment remains valid.

You've fallen into the trap of posting a fallacy so many times that you have actually come to believe it.

Two players reportedly wanted to come to Carlton during the most recent trade period, but for one reason or another the deals were not done. Does the fact that they wanted to come to Carlton not fly in the face of your claims that we are not a so-called 'destination club'?

We know Carlisle had us in his thinking along with St Kilda but the demands he put forward were too much for us to match. We could have paid over the odds to appease your desire to become a 'destination club'.....but that doesn't sound like a sensible course of action to take.

Had we done so and compromised our payment structures you'd likely be on here whinging that we caved and paid a player more than what he is worth, or that we still have a strong "messiah complex".

We also know that Tomlinson wanted to come here. We know he had one foot in the door but the club could not come to a final agreement with the Giants.

Ultimately, there is no such thing as a 'destination club'. Every club is a 'destination club' as long as the offer they put forward fits the needs of the player available.

We were hugely active via the trade period this year, and we have been among the most active clubs over the past few years. We've had a significant influx of players joining from other clubs...not bad for a club that is supposedly "not a destination club".

Just don't see the problem in ditching wayward, disruptive players. Nor do I think it posed a PR disaster.

I'm not disputing Cripps importance. Don't put words in my mouth, and don't call me Shirley.

Fair enough, hate it when other posters misrepresent me and speak on my behalf, so I apologize Shirls :)

I honestly don't think we need O'Meara or Prestia, Ollie Wines, yep, I'd sell my soul to get him at Carlton.

Fair enough, hate it when other posters misrepresent me and speak on my behalf, so I apologize Shirls :)

I honestly don't think we need O'Meara or Prestia, Ollie Wines, yep, I'd sell my soul to get him at Carlton.

I like all three, Wines is nice but JO'M is the best of the three by some distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back