Status
Not open for further replies.
Cripps
Boyd
Sheed

Daylight

Daylight

Bontempelli/Barrass tie
I think Boyd is too tall to be a good KPF. Will probably only ever reach a Tippett level (which is okay, but not worth what he's paid). He'd be better off focusing more on being a ruck-FWD.

I think Boyd is too tall to be a good KPF. Will probably only ever reach a Tippett level (which is okay, but not worth what he's paid). He'd be better off focusing more on being a ruck-FWD.
I wasn't serious when I included his name, nor Bontempelli's

Raises a valid question though, which is: just how badly do returns diminish when KPF's breach that 195cm mark?

How many ruckman-sized KPFs have ever been successful, despite them being considered the ideal height for new recruits.

Raises a valid question though, which is: just how badly do returns diminish when KPF's breach that 195cm mark?

How many ruckman-sized KPFs have ever been successful, despite them being considered the ideal height for new recruits.
I'm wondering the same thing in relation to Schache. The tallest gun key position players I can think of are Tom Hawkins and Matt Richardson at 197cm.

I'm wondering the same thing in relation to Schache. The tallest gun key position players I can think of are Tom Hawkins and Matt Richardson at 197cm.
At least Schache has the benefit of being a very good shot on goal. I guess there's plenty of time for guys like Boyd and Wright to prove themselves.

Nah that was just a close up of him wearing one of those novelty t-shirts.

Actual pic:
9u5av8.jpg

Nah that was just a close up of him wearing one of those novelty t-shirts.

Actual pic:
9u5av8.jpg

Not quite sure why, but this reminds me of Saddam off Southpark

south-park-s02e01c03-saddam-hussein-16x9.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glad to see Brad Scott has signed on until North's next massive rebuild in a couple of years.
Is it coincidence that he has re-signed just days after Simpson has taken himself off the table for the short term future? :p

The AFL has forecast a loss of almost $20 million for next year as the financial woes of the majority of its clubs continues to haunt the competition...

The AFL is expected to achieve marginally ahead of its budgeted $2.5 million profit in 2015 but the ongoing financial headaches provided by its most recent expansion clubs the GWS and the Gold Coast continue to dog the competition with both clubs pushing for greater assistance as they struggle to make an impact on and off the field. In 2015 the league was forced to provide and extra $3.25 million to Greater Western Sydney

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-warns-of-a-20m-loss-in-2016-20151130-glbvvc.html#ixzz3sxtN0iZK

Only 6/18 clubs turned a profit without assistance? That's pretty ugly.

The AFL has forecast a loss of almost $20 million for next year as the financial woes of the majority of its clubs continues to haunt the competition...

The AFL is expected to achieve marginally ahead of its budgeted $2.5 million profit in 2015 but the ongoing financial headaches provided by its most recent expansion clubs the GWS and the Gold Coast continue to dog the competition with both clubs pushing for greater assistance as they struggle to make an impact on and off the field. In 2015 the league was forced to provide and extra $3.25 million to Greater Western Sydney

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-warns-of-a-20m-loss-in-2016-20151130-glbvvc.html#ixzz3sxtN0iZK

They say 20 mill like ain't a thang.

It's almost as if there's too many teams in the AFL (especially in Victoria).........

A 12 team, 22 round national comp built from the ground up (not a VFL tack-on) would have been a beauty. But alas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back