2016 NFL Div 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't see Banyule losing it.
Russel lee (former Hberg) varsamakis as mentioned earlier really beefing up the midfield and young forwards to get better, aswell as a full pre season from big gumby who now knows all the boys very well. It is only the silly season tho so anything could happen

Banyules is a big show, the best performed side from round 8 onwards. Recruited well and there depth is very strong. Blokes like Valvo would walk straight into every other senior side.

with Kilmore coming into the competition do you think the supporters of the other div3 teams will travel up to Kilmore and more to the point will the Kilmore supporters travel to the northern suburbs to support their team.As I imagine alcohol and canteen sales make a fair part of a clubs finances through out the year

with Kilmore coming into the competition do you think the supporters of the other div3 teams will travel up to Kilmore and more to the point will the Kilmore supporters travel to the northern suburbs to support their team.As I imagine alcohol and canteen sales make a fair part of a clubs finances through out the year

I think most will go, Get your club to organize a bus $20 a head get you there and back and make a day of it ?

Can't see Banyule losing it.
Russel lee (former Hberg) varsamakis as mentioned earlier really beefing up the midfield and young forwards to get better, aswell as a full pre season from big gumby who now knows all the boys very well. It is only the silly season tho so anything could happen
That's good for them, how old would Russell Lee be? surely that's not the path they want to take?

That's good for them, how old would Russell Lee be? surely that's not the path they want to take?
Got plenty of good juniors at Banyule and in an attempt to keep them they need to get out of div3 to appeal to the really good juniors to stay. Russ Lee still super fit and I wouldn't be surprised if he dominated next year

Banyules is a big show, the best performed side from round 8 onwards. Recruited well and there depth is very strong. Blokes like Valvo would walk straight into every other senior side.
Can you explain to me how Banyule was the best permorfed team after round 8? when reservoir and south morang both won more games in that time, including losses to south morang, watsonia and resrvoir!

Last edited:
Got plenty of good juniors at Banyule and in an attempt to keep them they need to get out of div3 to appeal to the really good juniors to stay. Russ Lee still super fit and I wouldn't be surprised if he dominated next year
You seem to know a lot about Banyule for someone that is not involved in the club. I can guarantee that all this talk of Banyule is coming from outside the club.

Can you explain to me how Banyule was the best permorfed team after round 8? when reservoir and south morang both won more games in that time, including losses to south morang, watsonia and resrvoir!

Without knowing exact numbers I think banyule were 1/6 before turning the corner.

Without knowing exact numbers I think banyule were 1/6 before turning the corner.
They did come home pretty well. But were still the 3rd or 4th best performed team in the second half of the year with all there players back on the paddock. i think it will be a Banyule and South Morang, then a gap next season!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They did come home pretty well. But were still the 3rd or 4th best performed team in the second half of the year with all there players back on the paddock. i think it will be a Banyule and South Morang, then a gap next season!
I would not count Watsonia out of the race either from all reports have not lost many form last years list and have recruited some good players to fill gaps they had last year

When are St Mary's going to pull their finger out on field? they've been around for 5 years now and the excuses coming out of the burra are getting old. I'll give them one more year to show something given they've had a very young list in the past few years. If they don't make the top 4 in 2016 you'd think some big changes need to be made.

When are St Mary's going to pull their finger out on field? they've been around for 5 years now and the excuses coming out of the burra are getting old. I'll give them one more year to show something given they've had a very young list in the past few years. If they don't make the top 4 in 2016 you'd think some big changes need to be made.

Can say the same about Heidelberg West.
What's their excuse?

Speaking of which, they've seemed to have lost a few from all reports. I have not been around for a couple of years now, so am way out of the loop internally.

I know that Kyl Ewart, Casey Brown, Dan Bailey, Mitch Reeve are or already have left. With Brad Moore and Aidan Young are weighing up their options.

How do you replace a guy who kicked the most goals in the comp in a side with an average losing margin of 70 points? I do not what to know what it will be like without him. Dan Bailey is a good player, Brad Moore is without doubt one of the best players in the comp.

Good luck to the club and both sides.

Can say the same about Heidelberg West.
What's their excuse?

Speaking of which, they've seemed to have lost a few from all reports. I have not been around for a couple of years now, so am way out of the loop internally.

I know that Kyl Ewart, Casey Brown, Dan Bailey, Mitch Reeve are or already have left. With Brad Moore and Aidan Young are weighing up their options.

How do you replace a guy who kicked the most goals in the comp in a side with an average losing margin of 70 points? I do not what to know what it will be like without him. Dan Bailey is a good player, Brad Moore is without doubt one of the best players in the comp.

Good luck to the club and both sides.
Only time will tell, can't go much worse. Bailey is the biggest loss IMO, Kyle Ewart is a gun but I think west won 5 or 6 games the previous year and Kyle only played in 2 I believe, I could be wrong and Casey Brown finished the year in the ressies I think.

Have heard that Danny Zuko, Mark Favrin & Russ Lee are playing at Banyule.
Must be good mail as Im pretty sure FAvrin had Knee Reco end of the year and they wouldn't have enough money for Zuko and Russ Lee in the same side and its already been announced the Lee is playing so you you are a bit behind there Hurtsy...

Have heard that Danny Zuko, Mark Favrin & Russ Lee are playing at Banyule.
Cat is out of the bag at banyule then heard they have been trying to keep that dark.. Hearing big things at morang?? IMO mernda in serious trouble pinning there hopes on some mill park juniors

Remove this Banner Ad

Back