• Yes

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know why we picked this guy

I think it's because we lack a real run with player. At 186cm and hopefully 80kg by next season, his big enough to play on most players while being an elite runner.

I remember watching a video with a number of the elite mids asking them who the worst person that plays on them, and rather then be a Crowley type it was an elite runner. They all said the same thing, nothing worse than having someone right beside you the whole game and then when a turnover is committed having to turn and sprint after them.

it's pretty crowded out there
Not so much over the ball
Prestia, O'Meara, Swallow, Ablett, Hallahan, Lonergan all capable on playing on the inside, we needed people who can kick the damn thing, and that seems to what we have drafted for, good to great kicks of the pill.

Prestia, O'Meara, Swallow, Ablett, Hallahan, Lonergan all capable on playing on the inside, we needed people who can kick the damn thing, and that seems to what we have drafted for, good to great kicks of the pill.
The other thing I've noticed from all the reports and highlights is that they're all rated as good decision makers and God knows we need some players who can choose the best options when they have the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah id bank our recruiting department ahead of a guy who does a phantom draft on a footy forum , i'd dare say Knightmare does'nt travel to WA to often :p.
Can't argue with Josh's test results - be interested in who the other team chasing him was. Like knightmare I think he still would have been there for our last pick - 34 was a bit high - but what the heck hes here now....

I watch tons of WA footy and he's often way off the mark on WA boys. Even worse on QLD players.

I like his opinions on Vic players though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't argue with Josh's test results - be interested in who the other team chasing him was. Like knightmare I think he still would have been there for our last pick - 34 was a bit high - but what the heck hes here now....

Freo and West Coast still had picks in the draft between our next pick and he was the next WA player taken off the board. At the time fair chance that he may have been taken had a few players not slipped like Harley Balic and Tom Cole... plus we would have missed out on Willis :thumbsdown:

Freo and West Coast still had picks in the draft between our next pick and he was the next WA player taken off the board. At the time fair chance that he may have been taken had a few players not slipped like Harley Balic and Tom Cole... plus we would have missed out on Willis :thumbsdown:
Ok you guys know I was chasing more KP players - happy with rookiie draft - providing Keough and Loersch . Real draft doesn't matter so long as we have back up coverage in all positions...

I'll preface this by saying that I hope Schoenfeld makes it. I really do. He's a Sun now and I will support him 100%.

But I think it's extremely telling that BOTH Ashcroft and Ambrogio sold him to us by ranting about his fitness. He runs a good beep, blitzed the 3k. The very first thing when he was introduced to the group in that video was that 'KK will find it hard to keep up with him in the 2ker'.

But can he play football? :/ I don't care if he smashed the record at draft camp. You aren't competing to run in the Olympics.

What's the best outcome for him? Someone like a Tom Scully? Sort of an inside/outside mid that doesn't really impact games?

Every other draftee I can see pros with. I just can't see anything with this guy. After Joel Wilkinson, I'm extremely wary of these amazing athletes.

I'll preface this by saying that I hope Schoenfeld makes it. I really do. He's a Sun now and I will support him 100%.

But I think it's extremely telling that BOTH Ashcroft and Ambrogio sold him to us by ranting about his fitness. He runs a good beep, blitzed the 3k. The very first thing when he was introduced to the group in that video was that 'KK will find it hard to keep up with him in the 2ker'.

But can he play football? :/ I don't care if he smashed the record at draft camp. You aren't competing to run in the Olympics.

What's the best outcome for him? Someone like a Tom Scully? Sort of an inside/outside mid that doesn't really impact games?

Every other draftee I can see pros with. I just can't see anything with this guy. After Joel Wilkinson, I'm extremely wary of these amazing athletes.

Josh hall? Lol

Then again.. Mark Bilcavz at Geelong..
Commonwealth steeple chaser..
Might of even won Geelongs BF this year.. Or gone close!!

Josh hall? Lol

Then again.. Mark Bilcavz at Geelong..
Commonwealth steeple chaser..
Might of even won Geelongs BF this year.. Or gone close!!
yeah but Blicavs they taught to play football.
Its just looking out of the box, not everyone will make it. Like Hall and Wilkinson
Recruiters are now looking more outside the box to find footballers.
With the interchange coming down more and players having to stay out on the ground longer.
players that can run at high intensities for longer will be more sort after.
Blicavs i think is the one that has succeeded.

I wish essendon

You don't get into a state midfield team if you can't play football.

The impressive fitness and endurance times he produced at the combine were just a bonus really.

He's got good awareness around traffic and pin points passes with great kicking skills and excellent handball skills. Good below his knees and knows how to win a contested loose ball.

He can play don't worry about that.

When Dom introduced the new players to the playing group he specifically said at the end they were all good runners, kicks and decision makers. I doubt Wilko and Josh Hall would have ever been described as good decision makers.

Edit: I also remember reading somewhere that Josh had near elite level disposal efficiency at the national championships at something like 77%

Last edited:
I like the fact we're getting a pure running type. It'll let us play around with our team structure more. I am still on the fence whether the bloke will make it or not, but to be perfectly honest any player in the draft is a punt - even high draft picks can fail despite showing greatness in the draft combine, and then you have unexpectedly great players coming from late in the draft.

Back