Training 2015/16 preseason training (discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Today I noticed, A Pearce, Tanner, Big Jack, Taberner, MdBoer who is early back, Mora, Harley, Tommy and Croz.
Lachie Neale made a brief appearance with one of the physios for a short jog; not sure what is up there but he didn't seem to have any problems.
They finished off with more goal kicking
All hands on deck tomorrow, I understand.
Thanks Fred, I know it's easy to get carried away this time of year, but I feel like this one might be something special.

Mine is already on! Oh, you said deck...

Thanks Fred, I know it's easy to get carried away this time of year, but I feel like this one might be something special.

Mine is already on! Oh, you said deck...

Yes indeed. Bloody great watching Harley Bennell out there; fantastic skills and terrific bursts of speed.
If Mora continues to train like this without any issues, it makes it even more exciting.

salim malik,TheInjuryFactory, Training started earlier this morning than last week with less people in attendance as the Draftees and Rookies and our 1 st year players and some of the new coaches were down at a special camp for those players at Margaret River.

Clancee and Son Son didnt show at least in the last hour and a half that I was there. De Boer was a notable attendee and he was looking very fit and obviously will look to win the 3km time trial on Wednesday.

Michael Apeness and several others were in the gym and he came out later and indicated he would be running tomorrow although he told us on Friday he had been cleared to Run. Lachie Neale whose has been the star on the track so far in this pre-season year appeared to have a problem with his upper chest and he was in and out of the rooms with one of the Physios. Hope it's not anything of any consequence.

They had a number of skill sessions including a focus on ball movement in which Bennell and Morra stood out. We also had the usual group running and we had goal kicking sessions in between with the Blue statues out at about 30 metres. Some of our players in that group without naming names need to work a lot harder and practice their kicking skills especially their ball drop as there were helicopter punts and seral balls were kicked out on the full.I dare say RTB wouldn't have been happy to see that but whilst he came to the front in the early part of the session the other coaches were delegated the running of today's session.

Webby (one of the Development coaches) had Taberner and a very fit looking Jack Hannath work one on one (just out of goal area and to the right at the Hospital end) to get into position to mark high kicked balls. Tabs competed well and Hannath really looked good and strong so maybe that is an indicator of where Jack could be a chance to play in 2016 even as a back up.

The senior guys are in tomorrow so we can all look forward to seeing The Pav, Fyfey,Sandi, Ballas,Mayney and the training watcher's favourite Dawson hit the track for the first time this pre-season.

Last edited:

Been many critics of Hannath in the forward line but have always seen potential there if he could slim down to become more mobile.
He certainly takes a good grab and is a very good kick from a set shot.
With Apeness having missed so much development and coming off a short run for this season, Hannath is much more likely to be needed up there this year.

Cannot see Pav playing more than 50% of games and we have to learn to play without him anyway so will be interesting to see how we structure for talls/mediums/smalls in our forward line this year. My guess is much more like a Hawthorn forward line with a lot of rotations and the 'KPF' often not even in the forward line half the time - like Roughhead does. Would love to see Yarran in particular getting space to work in on the rebound where he can double back on an opponent or get it kicked out in front of him etc (like Gunston especially).

Been many critics of Hannath in the forward line but have always seen potential there if he could slim down to become more mobile.
With Apeness having missed so much development and coming off a short run for this season, Hannath is much more likely to be needed up there this year.

Cannot see Pav playing more than 50% of games and we have to learn to play without him anyway so will be interesting to see how we structure for talls/mediums/smalls in our forward line this year. My guess is much more like a Hawthorn forward line with a lot of rotations and the 'KPF' often not even in the forward line half the time - like Roughhead does. Would love to see Yarran in particular getting space to work in on the rebound where he can double back on an opponent or get it kicked out in front of him etc (like Gunston especially).

Explain this one to me?

You'll be surprised as to how good Hannath looks and is moving really well. Tabs is also going well and working hard at this stage. Morra has been real good at training so we shouldnt rule him out from getting into the top 22 at some stage next year.

Yes indeed. Bloody great watching Harley Bennell out there; fantastic skills and terrific bursts of speed.
If Mora continues to train like this without any issues, it makes it even more exciting.
Thanks Fred, good works.:thumbsu:

You'll be surprised as to how good Hannath looks and is moving really well. Tabs is also going well and working hard at this stage. Morra has been real good at training so we shouldnt rule him out from getting into the top 22 at some stage next year.
Danny Tabs after the 2014 match against hawthorn at home i always see potential hopefully he can mark some more in 2016 and not dropped it if not BF meltdown. Hannath who can forget the draw and grab against Sydney in 2013 GF season.

Danny Tabs after the 2014 match against hawthorn at home i always see potential hopefully he can mark some more in 2016 and not dropped it if not BF meltdown. Hannath who can forget the draw and grab against Sydney in 2013 GF season.

Big,small ,fit unfit the one thing he will always possess is a lack of pace . He is so painfully slow.

Big,small ,fit unfit the one thing he will always possess is a lack of pace . He is so painfully slow.
Salim Tab is not that slow? As for Hannath if he don't improve his speed then freo BF fan will be ready for the uebergang drive who know maybe an upgrade during the season but ideally let him had a season in peel. Maybe freo Irish or mora will be ready.

Salim Tab is not that slow? As for Hannath if he don't improve his speed then freo BF fan will be ready for the uebergang drive who know maybe an upgrade during the season but ideally let him had a season in peel. Maybe freo Irish or mora will be ready.

Sorry meima it was Hannath I was talking about. Your'e right Tabs is far from slow.:thumbsu:

Sorry meima it was Hannath I was talking about. Your'e right Tabs is far from slow.:thumbsu:
I am getting excited for all the training report for 2016 season , we might not see as a good chance for flag, but the new assistant coach , the new player , the hopeful ( Weller ,grey , Langdon and blakely). The comeback kid Mora, the outsider Irish cream. The giant that suddenly speed up hannath. Not to said anything more

Bennell ,fyfe and Walters rotation of mid and forward with the likes of Neale , mundy and Barlow , hills. Good luck other team tagger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am getting excited for all the training report for 2016 season , we might not see as a good chance for flag, but the new assistant coach , the new player , the hopeful ( Weller ,grey , Langdon and blakely). The comeback kid Mora, the outsider Irish cream. The giant that suddenly speed up hannath. Not to said anything more

Bennell ,fyfe and Walters rotation of mid and forward with the likes of Neale , mundy and Barlow , hills. Good luck other team tagger.

Anybody who writes Freo of is a fool.

Unless Hannath is a forward threat he has no future imo. And that is where we have a vacancy, so he has an opportunity.

If I was a wanna be Key Forward on Freos list I would

A) learn the game plan and team rules.
b) spend some extra time potting shots ar goal
C) up the aggrieved during any match sims to make my presence felt, and dish it out to Dawson as a priority

And

D) know exactly how Ross likes his coffee in the morning .

I
Hackdorn would be at prohibitive odds at predicting that we will tumble heavily.

Gerard Healy predicted that we would make the top 4 in 2015,it'll be interesting to see what he thinks in 2016 of our top 4 chances.
think top 4 will be more difficult next year. A few teams coming up, and Cats difficult to predict. Also if we do a bit of transitioning it will be tough to get on a roll like last season. I would tip top 4 but not confidently.

I

think top 4 will be more difficult next year. A few teams coming up, and Cats difficult to predict. Also if we do a bit of transitioning it will be tough to get on a roll like last season. I would tip top 4 but not confidently.

Agree gav.Us and the cats are definitely tricky to rate in 2016 IMO.

I

Our draw appears a bit easier for 2016. We had a tough first half season in 2015 and we planned and trained accordingly; successfully too.
We are certainly no worse off personnel wise and probably better.
I am confident of top four finish because of the extra firepower we have brought in and the draw.
Critics who bother to analyse our list will see us as not losing ground.

We will be an even better team next year. Still think we can have a serious crack at the flag, especially with the addition of Bennell and Yarran down forward.

Thanks for the pre season training reports......I really enjoy reading them and love the analysis that you guys produce in regards to player roles etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back