What are you listening to right now? - Part 1 (cont in part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing this man in just over a week. Cant bloody wait

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Suntoucher absolutely rips the s**t out of a classic Primo beat. FWIW, The Source named it "Verse of the Year" for 1994. Freak that rhyme...

I knew I was under their scrutiny
The whole party really sucked
They were all a bunch of rednecks
Lookin’ to beat somebody up
So I gathered up my bottles
Took one last swig of beer
I'm trying find a friend somewhere to show me outta here

When I heard from close behind me,
“All you punks are ****** up ****,
those beady little eyes of yours’ll make great punching bags.”
They beat me quick and bloody
Said, “You know that punk is dead.”
They asked me what I thought of that
* off was all I said.

Broken Bones

The broken bones begin to mend
And the bruises slowly fade
I feel perversely satisfied
Thinking of the friends I haven’t made
I’ve since taken up Karate
And I bought myself a gun
Next time they want to beat up a punk
I'm gonna have myself some fun.

This whole ******* album deserves a posting. Some bands put out one or two records then turned to s**t. Others started ok, changed their sound a bit but were still ok. Then there were those who started great, changed their sound and were still as good as before or got even better. GI fit into the third category.

This band gives me pretty intense feels.

I'm not familiar with Government Issue at all but this is rad. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Legendary band from the first wave of DC hardcore. Like a number of bands and band people from that city they managed to "mature" without turning to s**t like so many other bands of the era who either went metal or tried to sound like U2.

Legendary band from the first wave of DC hardcore. Like a number of bands and band people from that city they managed to "mature" without turning to s**t like so many other bands of the era who either went metal or tried to sound like U2.

I was always primarily a metal guy and kind of passed over a lot of punk and hardcore, but now I'm always on the lookout for old gems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back