Opinion Breakout year for 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

So who's it going to be and why?

IMO, and it's only based on emotion, but I'm loving the idea that Jayden Laverde will take on all before him and start tearing it up. We will see game changing moments from this man. Can't wait.
Whoever can break these depressing goal kicking tallies will be a breakout for mine. Daniher to continue on with his natural progress, hopefully.

2008 Matthew Lloyd 62
2009 Matthew Lloyd 35
2010 Angus Monfries 24
2011 Stewart Crameri 34
2012 Stewart Crameri 32
2013 Stewart Crameri 30
2014 Joe Daniher 28
2015 Joe Daniher 34

With some help forward, it's Daniher.

This is the year where he kicks 60+!
Too far?

Jack and Nick Riewoldt both broke out in their 4th year. Buddy in his 3rd, so it's not unreasonable to suggest that he'll start dominating.

Oh and Laverde will boss like Cripps did. I just have that feeling

Last edited:

On top of the natural improvement - I wouldnt be suprised to see a few effective changes how we do things, with some new sets of eyes on the list.

Something like: Jobe to kick 40 as a predominant deep fwd this season. McKernan as a Fwd. Perhaps Morgan to surprise all and play a few games off half back earlier than expected.

I don't care if there is none. I just want an overall improvement. If all players can just go up a level, the team will look like superstars.

I don't care if there is none. I just want an overall improvement. If all players can just go up a level, the team will look like superstars.

Bezakery. I want an injury free run and all players to make consistent incremental improvements. This will appear like some have made a break through but really it is that the little steps have seen a player cross the threshold in self belief and the rest of the team sharing that belief in him and playing through him accordingly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not more a prediction, but more a hope. Fantasia is my pick. If he improves after adding a few games in 2015 I see him as a bit of a Keystone. Pace. Goal kicker. Able to tackle with a light frame. If he and another pacey forward (Morgan?) Can exert some pressure when the ball hits the F50, we'd have the same presence as the great pressurisers of Lovett and Davey running blokes down from behind and forcing turnovers. I'm not asking for much - maybe a mix of Hill and Ballentyne :$

Francis to win rising star playing defence.
Morgan to own the half back flank by seasons end.
J.Merrett to emerge as a winger.
Leunberger to win AA honours as ruckman
Laverde to gun it is a half forward/mid
McKernan to make it as a mobile CHF pinch hitting in ruck as backup to leuy

Is it my eternal optimism or do we seem to have a higher than usual number of players that look like they could be on threshold of a break out year?

Parish and Francis
J Merrett
Fancy pants
Laverde
Langford
Edwards
Mckernan as a forward
Ambrose has had enough development and is now injury free
Brown and Hartley have a decent shot
Myers has shown all the signs when not injured
Z Merrett is in the process of a continual break out, of which the pace may at times vary
Mckenna has shown enough to be in with a shot
JD is a time bomb

I really really like the potential in our list right now, especially from the guys above. Seems like there is less wishful thinking and far more cause for genuine expectation.

yeah I refuse to do any kind of prediction after my Tom Bellchambers All Australian prediction of this time last year.

******* moron jmoo...

Excited to see what Jackson Merrett can do.

Of the untried guys, excited to see what Michael Hartley can bring to the table if as expected Hooker is needed forward and a KPD opens up

I was coming here to say Jackson. Think he is going to be a key link-up player this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back