Winning in Philadelphia is as difficult as feeding a Vegan meat...It's the Official Week 6 Thread!

What's worse?

• Driving 68 mph over the speed limit

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Getting into a fight with a Celtics fan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NOT getting into a fight with a Celtics fan

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Playing for the 76ers

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Kobe Bryant's shooting touch

Votes: 20 52.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The longer the Lakers go without benching Kobe and/or firing Scott the more convinced i am that they only have one desire this season: Pick 1.

Probably why the Sixers keep throwing away leads - they have two investments to protect and the Lakers keep losing.

Seriously, someone in that organisation needs to grow some balls. This cannot be good for all those youngsters.

It's not, but the situation starts at the top.

It's not 2005, and Kobe doesn't need to be making $25 million or have a usage rate of 30%.

It's also no longer 1985, so Showtime, Magic, Worthy, Byron and the Buss legacy really shouldn't be factoring into what happens in 2015.

I dunno if anyone remembers this, but this was Nelly - NELLY! - pretty much nailing what the problem is and predicting the future with scary accuracy:

Just on the Okafor thing - was any of this known before draft?
In the interviews Id seen/read hed always seen really switched on... Wtf is going on?

I have always thought that he will be the best guy out of this draft class, but i am no longer confident at all of that call, and other guys could quickly pass him. This many indescretions this early on really doesnt bode well.

Is this what happens after a guy has been told for 2-3 years in high school that he will be the eventual number 1 draft pick? (and so college and dropping in the rankings came too late?)

i hope he turns it around. dude got game that's for sure, probably making stupid decisions at the moment.

I dunno if anyone remembers this, but this was Nelly - NELLY! - pretty much nailing what the problem is and predicting the future with scary accuracy:

I wonder how that lady in the middle would feel about this quote now?

"I don't doubt that the Lakers will come back stronger than ever. You think they just gonna sit for the next 5, 6 years and chill and not do anything? And watch Kobe limp his way into retirement? You think that's what the Lakers are going to do?"

"I don't doubt that the Lakers will come back stronger than ever. You think they just gonna sit for the next 5, 6 years and chill and not do anything? And watch Kobe limp his way into retirement? You think that's what the Lakers are going to do?"

It's pretty funny when a guest panelist - and a freaking pop star at that - makes more cogent arguments and better articulated points than the alleged 'pros'.

Just watched Clips/Wolves, wtf was Sam Mitchell doing leaving KAT out until the last 2 mins

Also looked like Wiggy was struggling with a left knee injury I think he's been carrying
Young team and he's still working out the minutes

What i don't get is that if KAT is not in foul trouble him+Garnett should be on for the last 5 minutes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dieng is a nice back up big, his mid range touch got the better of any of our bigs yesterday.
Crunch time minutes over KAT? Probably not.
Sam Mitchell is not a great coach.

Interesting from Kidd today - Mayo 44 mins, Bayless 43 mins, meanwhile Giannis 30 mins, Jabari 17 mins off the bench, MCW likewise 15 min off the bench.

Middleton, Mayo & Bayless shoot a combined 16/45, while Giannis goes 4/5.

They really miss Zaza.

Excellent coaching to put MCW on the bench

Dieng is a nice back up big, his mid range touch got the better of any of our bigs yesterday.
Crunch time minutes over KAT? Probably not.

I have a feeling KG has a 'starters' clause in his contract. Surely Towns is a natural 4 ... and obviously Dieng a 5. KG plays reserves minutes as a starter.

KG jawing off at everyone isn't required for this team anymore.

Maybe I should visit the most hated players thread again.

So Kobe's not making Roy Hibbert an All Star this year?

Let's not limit it now. Can't hit a jump, only hurts his team offensively

Haha, he's definitely a square peg trying to fit into a round hole. Not too different from Pricey's mum actually, although like you say, at least she scores.

Haha, he's definitely a square peg trying to fit into a round hole. Not too different from Pricey's mum actually, although like you say, at least she scores.
Question is, how is penetration handled ;).

Stunning Prophecy from Cary Champion :p

Probably why the Sixers keep throwing away leads - they have two investments to protect and the Lakers keep losing.

It's not, but the situation starts at the top.

It's not 2005, and Kobe doesn't need to be making $25 million or have a usage rate of 30%.

It's also no longer 1985, so Showtime, Magic, Worthy, Byron and the Buss legacy really shouldn't be factoring into what happens in 2015.

Nelly bang on the money!! Just another time Stephen A and his shock jock squad got made to look stupid..

Looooove this

Back