Redbacks 2018/19

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah Ross was never a keeper. Perhaps Alex Carey you're thinking about?

Unfortunately we don't seem to have a keeper that can play in the top six as a genuine batter. Would give the team a bit more flexibility. I reckon the lack of a 5th bowler is one of the reasons Putland, Richardson get injured so much. They have to do a lot of bowling but are better suited to short, impact spells.. Sayers and Mennie can handle the workload better, though Sayers got injured last season too.

Nah Ross was never a keeper. Perhaps Alex Carey you're thinking about?

Unfortunately we don't seem to have a keeper that can play in the top six as a genuine batter. Would give the team a bit more flexibility. I reckon the lack of a 5th bowler is one of the reasons Putland, Richardson get injured so much. They have to do a lot of bowling but are better suited to short, impact spells.. Sayers and Mennie can handle the workload better, though Sayers got injured last season too.
That's the one.

Really should have enquired about Triffitt last season or Peirson.

Bring in Carey for Ludes and open with him and bring back Zampa for Cooper and bat him at 7???

Also Richo for Benton if fit.

Bring in Carey for Ludes and open with him and bring back Zampa for Cooper and bat him at 7???

Also Richo for Benton if fit.

Agree with Carey for Ludeman but think opening and keeping is too much of an ask. Cooper has been really disappointing, but i'd stick with him in hope he can find some form after the BBL.

Agree with Carey for Ludeman but think opening and keeping is too much of an ask. Cooper has been really disappointing, but i'd stick with him in hope he can find some form after the BBL.

With Lehmann and Ross batting well at 5 and 6 I see an opportunity to play Zampa at 7 to give us 5 genuine bowling options. Ludeman is the sticking point though.

With Lehmann and Ross batting well at 5 and 6 I see an opportunity to play Zampa at 7 to give us 5 genuine bowling options. Ludeman is the sticking point though.

Time to try someone else for Ludeman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair NT can play 5? overaged players in their side. Didn't Robins play 5 19s carnivals or something?

Kerr in the runs today which is good to see. Nice to win without relying on Grant. He's a jet.

Drugs Are Bad Mackay? you're probably more in the know than I but one of the Prospect boys mentioned to me that Keath has already been offered a contract by the SACA (for next season) - any truth to that?

To be fair NT can play 5? overaged players in their side. Didn't Robins play 5 19s carnivals or something?

Kerr in the runs today which is good to see. Nice to win without relying on Grant. He's a jet.

Drugs Are Bad Mackay? you're probably more in the know than I but one of the Prospect boys mentioned to me that Keath has already been offered a contract by the SACA (for next season) - any truth to that?
Has someone straightened up his backlift? First free coaching tip if he hasn't gone so

I don't think NT are allowed to have overage players in the U/19's however they have half their team from other states. I think up to 6 are NSW, Vic or Qld guys who didn't get picked for their home state.

Reasoning is that by U/19's a lot of the NT players have moved elsewhere for school, study, work, cricket and are in other programs. SA has Robins and McGregor who are from the NT but now living in Adelaide. This is their way of evening up the carnival which makes sense and is better than having over-agers I reckon. For instance Sam Elliott (son of Matthew Elliott) is playing for NT and was in the Vic U/17 team earlier this year.

Haven't heard anything. It would surprise me a little given that they didn't pick him for any 2nd XI games. Would have thought he'd have got a gig there if he was genuinely on the radar. Try before you buy.

I wonder if the Redbacks current burst of form will mean that Keath heads off to footy? Really he needs the Redbacks to stink it up to free up some spots.

Patrick Page got a ton vs NSW metro today. Seems he's the next big thing for SA cricket. Left hander, country kid, hits them well.

Supposedly got sledged when he came out to bat in a grade game this season by Weeks from Port - "I'll vomit on you if I hear another person talk about how good you are." Not sure if true or not!

Page is good. Really good. Loved his knock today. Kerr looked good too, glovework perhaps not ideal. Very unimpressed with the two spinners though, just loopy flighted off breaks without the drop required if you're going to toss them up that much.

Is David Grant injured? Have seen him twice this month and he's looked a bit ginger on his ankle both times.

I don't think NT are allowed to have overage players in the U/19's however they have half their team from other states. I think up to 6 are NSW, Vic or Qld guys who didn't get picked for their home state.

Correct. When they cut down the VIC and NSW squads the last 2 or 3 they cut get a reprieve and jump into the NT squad

Is David Grant injured? Have seen him twice this month and he's looked a bit ginger on his ankle both times.
He came back from the Aussie U19s tour of England with a sore ankle. Just a workload thing that he has to manage I think.

The quicks are only allowed to bowl 60 overs in the carnival (8 x one dayers) which is why the main quicks sometimes are only bowling 4-6 overs if the team can get away with it. Keep them up the sleeve for later games.

Doesn't surprise me at all really given CA's current agenda which they've made baltantly clear as other above have alluded to. Just more disappointment that they are ingraining it now at a relatively young age.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back