Toast Fremantle's 1st Rookie Pick: Matthew Uebergang

Remove this Banner Ad

But can confirm straight from the horses mouth for those who were wondering, his name is pronounced You-bergang. :p

Hmm... that's a bit disappointing. Ask him if he'll consider changing the pronunciation to the more German sounding Uber - that sounds cooler.

Though that new taxi mob have spoiled it a little.

Been chatting to Matt for the last hour or so. Basically told me not to relay anything he tells me about what's happening at this point in time. Which I can understand. But can confirm straight from the horses mouth for those who were wondering, his name is pronounced You-bergang. :p

Do you know what games he likes, his preferred genre and his favourite gaming console?

Been chatting to Matt for the last hour or so. Basically told me not to relay anything he tells me about what's happening at this point in time. Which I can understand. But can confirm straight from the horses mouth for those who were wondering, his name is pronounced You-bergang. :p
Makes sense. Thanks for all the insight so far, especially how to pronounce his name. Feel free to hang around & join the general discussion if you want. We're a friendly board unless you're a Hawks supporter.

I think it'll be interesting to study of his gaming has any benefit to his footy. I know at my work I've found the gamers start with a much higher situational awareness, make better decisions, make those decisions quicker, and are more confident with them. So if that translates across to footy too it could be a real benefit

He has that good situational awareness. Always fun watching a big guy on the field who has that quick decision making ability around a loose ball. Maybe it does have something to do with League of Legends :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah I'ma gonna get him as my buddy and when I do I'll petition the mods to change my name to Ueberkepfan. And possibly change my real name by depol.

That'll be $50 Mr Buttcheeks.

I'm excited about this guy, but, understand next to nothing about what some of you are talking about haha. Like another language.

This seems pretty apt.
f3307ea5b8ad908d893cd029288d6465.jpg

I'm excited about this guy, but, understand next to nothing about what some of you are talking about haha. Like another language.

This seems pretty apt.

I'm 24 and this applies to me.

This seems pretty apt.

Haha don't worry, gaming (and the phrases that come with it) is its own sub-culture now. If you don't game online or read about gaming, you won't have heard of many of the phrases regardless of age.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back