• Los Angeles (USA)

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Budapest (Hungary)

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Paris (France)

Votes: 18 37.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 should be in Europe after Americas in 2016 then Asia 2020. If Paris put their best foot forward and there are no bribes and they dont win this time, they will never win in my lifetime.

I'd say there's a greater than even chance it will go to Paris. Maybe... Paris 60% Hamburg 15% Rome 10% Los Angeles 10% Budapest 5%.

2028 will then go to North America most likely, and the next two to Africa and Asia in either order, or the Middle East and us maybe?

--------------------

Twenty cities I'd like to see host the next 20 games:

6 in the Americas:

Toronto 2056
San Francisco 2028
New York City 2080
Mexico City 2044
Santiago 2092
Buenos Aires 2068

2 in Africa:

Cape Town 2032
Nairobi 2076

1 in Oceania:

Melbourne 2048

5 in Asia:

Busan 2036
Mumbai 2060
Shanghai 2072
Singapore 2088
...Tehran? 2100

1 in Asia/Europe:

Istanbul 2052

5 in Europe:

Paris 2024
St. Petersburg 2040
Berlin 2064
Rome 2084
Madrid 2096

Yeah but Eurosport signed their Europe wide deal (which starts in France in 2022) for the same reason and they are based in Paris

yeah I know Discovery owns them;)

Yeah but Eurosport signed their Europe wide deal (which starts in France in 2022) for the same reason and they are based in Paris
yeah I know Discovery owns them;)
What deal is that? The USOC have been receiving about 12.5% of US TV rights and 20% of the TOP (The Olympic Partners) sponsorship monies. Ok wrote about that at this post just after London when NBC successfully bid $4.38 for all the games between 2014-2020 inc.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/media-appreciation-thread.965345/page-3#post-25277967
The USOC currently gets a 12.75 percent share of U.S. TV rights deals and 20 percent of global sponsorship revenues, figures many international officials consider too high. Both sides are negotiating a new revenue-sharing deal to take effect in 2020.

and this deal was struck on 24 May 2012 allowed to US to get back in and bid for future Olympics.

http://sportsbusinessinsider.com.au...as-ioc-strikes-new-usoc-revenue-sharing-deal/
The International Olympic Committee and the US Olympic Committee brought an end to a long-running dispute over the share of Olympic Games commercial revenues by announcing a new deal at SportAccord Convention yesterday.

Terms of the 20-year deal, to be activated from 2020, have not been revealed, but the USOC has agreed to receive a smaller share of sponsorship and broadcast revenues from the Games. The USOC currently receives 20% of global sponsorship revenue from the Olympics and a 12.75% cut of US broadcast rights deals. The IOC felt the revenue-split deal, which dated back to the mid-1990s, was disproportionately weighted in favour of the USOC.

The Associated Press reported that the USOC would retain its current revenues, but its broadcast rights share would be reduced to 7% on any increases in broadcast deals and its marketing share would be cut in half to 10% on increases in sponsorship revenue. The deal has opened the door to a possible US bid for the 2022 Winter Olympics or the 2024 Summer Games, with the USOC having pulled back from entering a bid since Chicago finished last in the Candidate Cities vote for the 2016 Summer Olympics......
http://sportsbusinessinsider.com.au...as-ioc-strikes-new-usoc-revenue-sharing-deal/

and part of deal also included

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnclarke/2012/05/24/new-revenue-sharing-deal-end-olympic-fued/
In addition, the USOC agreed to contribute to the administrative costs of staging the Olympics — $15 million through 2020 and $20 million after 2020, the officials said. The contract also covers issues related to ownership of Olympic rights, trademarks and historic TV footage.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnclarke/2012/05/24/new-revenue-sharing-deal-end-olympic-fued/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The pan-European TV Rights deal from 2018 until 2024

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/jun/29/bbc-loses-control-olympic-tv-rights-discovery-eurosport
http://www.olympic.org/news/ioc-awa...-eurosport-for-2018-2024-olympic-games/246462

This is a key deal in the IOC's move towards there own 24/7 365 day a year TV Channel

Timo Lumme, the managing director of the IOC’s television and marketing services, said the deal with Discovery gave it a “partnership made in heaven” as it developed plans for a new channel that would promote Olympic sport between Games. “We would hope the outcome will be some sort of Olympic channel contract where people can connect 365 days a year, 24 hours a day,” he said.

Hopefully LA. It's been to long for the US.

Not that the Olympics is any less corrupt or pointless than the World Cup. The Olympics is s**t-boring as well.

I could not imagine Budapest being an Olympic city these days. A great place but it's still pretty second world-y.

Hopefully LA. It's been to long for the US.

Not that the Olympics is any less corrupt or pointless than the World Cup. The Olympics is s**t-boring as well.

I could not imagine Budapest being an Olympic city these days. A great place but it's still pretty second world-y.
I will take the word of Andrew Jennings who has investigated them both for over a decade that whilst the IOC is dodgy, FIFA's corruption is on another level that make it like an organised crime gang.

96 atlanta. the shooting was the first thing i remembered happening.

sydney till this day stirs emotions. thorpe, freeman, the water polo team. in our backyard. even the theme song of channel seven and the ads prior to the olympics was something else.

2004 loved the opening and closing ceremonies ditto 2012 in london. londons ceremony was the best thing ive ever seen in terms of the performances.

shanghai was perfect due to the time zone.

think rio is gonna be more of an 08.

I can just remember LA, at least the opening ceremony.

Obviously a long way off but I wonder if terrorism acts in France in the last six months effects their bid?

Last edited:
The first Olympics I ever watched was the XVII Olympiad held in Rome 1960.

Do you remember your first Olympics? Which one was your first?
1972. I was 8 and had no idea what the hell was happening with the Israeli hostage crisis and Palestinian rebels, but mid way thru the games, one of my best school mates brought his uncle - Bob Haigh's - 1968 Mexico games silver medal for men's hockey for show and tell. Haigh was skipper of the men's hockey team in 1972 and during the early and mid 1970's he was considered the best player in the world. I got to hold it and was bitten by the Olympic spirit.

Last edited:
88 I remember where I was Duncan Armstrong won his gold. Shelly beach carrivan park on the sunshine cost. I remember debby flintoff King winning on the last stride

92 I remember oarsome foursome and the lead up to the race and all the hype. Kathy watts of course on the first day and Hayley Lewis missing out on gold

96 kieran that's all you can what a race what a champion. Shane kelly who was hot favourite when his foot came off the pedal. Michael Johnson what an athlete. All the world records that were broken in weightlifting. Cathy freeman nearly pinching gold. The bombing as well

2000 Simon fairweather I think everyone knows where they were when that happened. Smashing them like guitars

2004. The women's triathlon she lead all day and got run down in the run. The track cycling team bouncing back with a bang and smashing the Poms. The rowing and the hockeyroos.

2008 the walking. Tallent nearly won gold in both 50 and 20 km walks

2012. Just a disappointment Sally was the only highlight

Last edited:
Back