Unpopular Media Opinions

Remove this Banner Ad

Unqualified to talk about it, but you do anyway. Solid.

You don't have to see something to have an opinion on it.

I have never met Adolf Hitler, but I heard that he wasn't a nice guy.
I have never taken drugs, but I know that they are harmful.

If you watching everything before commenting, then you would have to watch every movie, TV series etc.

All of those shows are what they are. They need to tow the PC line and deliver some light humour, they are an alternative to "real news". I dont watch them religiously but they are good to flick on from time to time.

As Nana said they raise issues for people to think about in a non confronting way.

Sounds like "The Project"!

Love friends, channel 111 is on regularly at my joint. Never got into Seinfield, never watched Fraiser, Big Bang is crap, how I met your mother is ok, two and a half men (Charlie sheen days) was an absolute pisser, 10x better than what it is now with Ashton Kutcher.

Don't know if this is unpopular but every singing show (the voice, x-factor) are absolutely putrid and can't stand any of them.

"Fan theories" are the worst. Please stop.

I agree with you Godchin, and I think that the ending of 1999 movie Fight Club, where it turned out that the character Tyler Durden did not exist, but was just in the imagination of the Narrator is behind many of these. Some examples of similar fan theories about popular movies since then:

TITANIC (1997) - Jack did not exist, he is part of Rose's imagination helping her to escape from her awful fiancé and mother, and then the sinking of the ship. But how to explain Jack's interaction with other passengers, and subplots involving Jack but not Rose?

GREASE (1978) - Sandy drowns at the start and the entire events of the movie take place within a dream in her dying breath. But if Sandy did die, why would she dream about people she didn't know just before her life ended?

FERRIS BUELLER'S DAY OFF (1986) - Ferris Bueller does not exist, he is part of Cameron's imagination and gives him the inner strength to stand up to his father. But what of Jeannie Bueller and her and Ferris' parents, Simone Peterson (Ferris' girlfriend) and the storyline involving Mr. Rooney? Were they imaginary too?

The recent Jar Jar Binks dark side fan theory one is the best.
Nah, they're the worst.

99.9999% of them turn out to be way off the mark or not even funny/interesting and with more holes than swiss cheese.

Not to mention that they're usually accompanied with some cringeworthy, over-the-top headline such as, "This fan theory will completely blow your mind and totally change the way you think about this movie/show/game forever!!!!" - no, it won't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lion King, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, Mulan. Think Nightmare Before X-Mas was Disney as well (based on Merch at Disneyland). So yeh, that would be an extremely unpopular opinion. You have won the battle but will be destroyed in the war.

Well I guess I'm in the right thread.
Having watched a number of these recently I just prefer the storylines, characters and music in the two non-Disney movies over the likes of Lion King, Aladdin and Beauty and the Beast.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back