No Oppo Supporters Leak of sensitive information - AFL to lead investigation

Remove this Banner Ad

This is just some cheap click bait written by the wannabe journos on the AFL website. Once again the media has chosen their side (bar rucci) and once again they'll defame us as much as they can.

Watch who will be on our bandwagon next year if we improve.

That's my one problem with this whole situation.

You look the kid in the eye and ask him face to face before you squeal to the AFL. Everyone deserves the right to protest there innocent in person.

So we relied on the opinion's from people at other clubs yet wouldn't listen to our own. Not a good look.

Speak to him first, if not satisfied by all means report, but give him the opportunity to speak rather the rely on hearsay passed around by 3 people from other clubs.

That's my one problem with this whole situation.

You look the kid in the eye and ask him face to face before you squeal to the AFL. Everyone deserves the right to protest there innocent in person.

So we relied on the opinion's from people at other clubs yet wouldn't listen to our own. Not a good look.

Speak to him first, if not satisfied by all means report, but give him the opportunity to speak rather the rely on hearsay passed around by 3 people from other clubs.

They gave him a say - Gordon and the CEO met with him.
They looked him in the eye.

Bevo wasnt there but doesnt mean we didnt ask the guys about it.

They gave him a say - Gordon and the CEO met with him.
They looked him in the eye.

Bevo wasnt there but doesnt mean we didnt ask the guys about it.
Caro reported in one horrible article that beveridge did speak to Talia and was unsatisfied with Talia's explanation

With Caro writing a further article towing the AFL line, decrying (again) nothing to see here, and the boys grandmother being sent out to plead that they didn't mean nothing honest, one has to think that there is a bit to come in the fairly short term. AFL media management 101.
Was just about to say this. Damage control 101 is ensure you are being portrayed as the victim in the media, and send someone out to appeal to the emotions of the masses. The fact that they've come out now means they are worried, as they should be. PG had the biggest smirk on his face when he said it may not be over just yet. More to it for sure.

This is just some cheap click bait written by the wannabe journos on the AFL website. Once again the media has chosen their side (bar rucci) and once again they'll defame us as much as they can.

Watch who will be on our bandwagon next year if we improve.
Robbo all over again. Mick Warner has been unbiased i think in his HS articles. Least he has kept the heat on despite AFL trying to extinguish it. Tweeted him my approval as well.

Happy to jump on my soap box here because cheating in sport is a very passionate subject for me. Notions that we didn't handle this well give me the absolute shits.

Integrity is everything in sport and it sounds like we were extremely quick in drawing in the afl for the sake of integrity.

The innocent until proven guilty principle-albeit necessary and probably our only option- is bent over and abused ad nauseum by cheaters in sport internationally. It is a well that cheaters suck from with their filthy media lips every time they come close to trouble.

It is unsurprising that, like the Essendon saga, once these criminals get a sniff of hope in their escapes, they trot out the same tactic of "attacking the process".

Sorry guys but the benefit of the doubt has been cashed in by too many cheats to swallow this bullshit. A couple of extremely astute and accountable operators, who stand for integrity are adamant this little prick cheated our club and that has done nothing but grow in clarity since the made up stories have rolled out through the convenient mediums of "Caro" and "the official website of the afl".

Interesting that Gran has taken notes a'la Tania Hird style.

I think its irresponsible journalism to connect the Talias to the legacy of Harvey Stevens. He is an immortal at our club. His grandson on the other hand is just a grub.

The more Caro says that there is nothing to see here, without addressing the real issues, the more I know there is to this story. Lost all respect for her lack of investigating things. She must be worried about losing her accreditation.

I'm just sad that she can be pressured and manipulated like this. Thought she'd be above AFL pressure.

Although this does explain her pushing for North to move etc. She picks and chooses when she is a journalist and actually uncovers things, to stay on the good side of the AFL and continue her time as the eminent journalistic figure in the industry.

I'm an idiot for thinking a journalist would have integrity (the concept is basically an oxymoron...)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's disgusting that following the right procedure and going through the AFL leaves such a bad taste in everyones mouth.

Is there any attempt to clarify the situation? Any form of mediation or discussion? Any genuine attempt to resolve anything?

All the AFL cares about is protecting it's brand at the expense of the truth and anyone who they can push under a bus.

Gil is simply following the footsteps of his predecessor with this approach, but has shown a clumsiness and lack of decisiveness that will trip him up if he does not lift his game.

As others have said, I can not wait to hear what Cheney has to say about this in a couple of years when he is delisted.

Its amazing isn't it.

Seems to ignore text messages that the brother themselves admitted to sharing.

Seems to ignore Cheneys part in all this.
If someone tells you your wife had slept around, and then weeks later says - "It was just a joke" Id be pretty sure both myself and my wife would be extremely unhappy with the guy.

Can only feel for the Talia family (not Michael). Because whether its true or whether its false its amazingly hurtful for them.
Whatever the result I am surprised that they Talias are not more furious with Cheney though.

Surely Daniel Talia never forgives Cheney, surely there is infighting happening at Adelaide as a result.
If its true, Cheney has lagged on his club and teammate
If its false, Cheney has caused so much drama to get Talias brothers name walked through mud.

Regardless of whoever was at fault here, MT or Cheney, it is sad that this incident has driven a wedge between a strong and traditional Footscray/Doggies family, and the Club they have supported for generations. No joy for anyone out of this in my opinion.

Regardless of whoever was at fault here, MT or Cheney, it is sad that this incident has driven a wedge between a strong and traditional Footscray/Doggies family, and the Club they have supported for generations. No joy for anyone out of this in my opinion.

Agree entirely - in the grand scale of things it would be better I think, for the family to be estranged from the club than it would be for them to be estranged from their grand children

The whole thing is a great pity. I feel sorry that the season has ended this way.

I wonder what would have happened if Michael had signed the contract? Was he in fact offered one, and why didn't he sign? I think whatever he said/texted, he should have just confessed/explained/apologised/whatever straight away.

The most puzzling aspect is why Cheney is apparently escaping blame when the whole thing would never have been discovered if he hadn't passed on the comments to Hawks players.

The whole thing is a great pity. I feel sorry that the season has ended this way.

I wonder what would have happened if Michael had signed the contract? Was he in fact offered one, and why didn't he sign? I think whatever he said/texted, he should have just confessed/explained/apologised/whatever straight away.

The most puzzling aspect is why Cheney is apparently escaping blame when the whole thing would never have been discovered if he hadn't passed on the comments to Hawks players.
No doubt. I think we'd all have preferred that none of this happened and we'd have moved on. I desperately hope it doesn't serve as a distraction for next year

Said at the start no good was to come of this with the AFL in charge. Best thing to do was just move Talia on for the best trade possible.

Club & coach should've swallowed their pride and picked a better topic to fight the AFL on then the bloody Talia's

Said at the start no good was to come of this with the AFL in charge. Best thing to do was just move Talia on for the best trade possible.

Club & coach should've swallowed their pride and picked a better topic to fight the AFL on then the bloody Talia's
IF there was nothing to this, then the dogs would have released a statement after the findings, privately or publicly acknowledging Talias service to the club.
This clearly hasn't happened or there wouldn't be articles on AFL quoting the grandma.
So, PG must have something good and we must be after something bigger than a few prime time games that we got this year. There must be another end game. He is too smart to not be playing for something bigger.
Not sure his goal but I have been speculating about that for a while. We must have someone by the short & curlys OR I need to take over club PR role.

IF there was nothing to this, then the dogs would have released a statement after the findings, privately or publicly acknowledging Talias service to the club.
This clearly hasn't happened or there wouldn't be articles on AFL quoting the grandma.
So, PG must have something good and we must be after something bigger than a few prime time games that we got this year. There must be another end game. He is too smart to not be playing for something bigger.
Not sure his goal but I have been speculating about that for a while. We must have someone by the short & curlys OR I need to take over club PR role.

I know Dogs wouldn't have gone this route without some type of evidence. It's just with the way the AFL works, they were always going bury it.

I know Dogs wouldn't have gone this route without some type of evidence. It's just with the way the AFL works, they were always going bury it.
But why are we continuing and not rolling over and following the party line? Or perhaps we have surrendered behind the scenes but unsure how to say so publicly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back