NCFL Season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Any updates on the practice matches that have been played out in recent weeks? Any news on anymore depatures/arrivals at clubs?

Any updates on the practice matches that have been played out in recent weeks? Any news on anymore depatures/arrivals at clubs?
Wyche played Huntly and Mitiamo, 4 games across the 2 weekends,

Seniors were with out 10 players against Hintly inc: Grub, Jimma, Riordo, Boski & Howie. We were with the Hawks until 3/4 time and they kicked away and we started moving blokes about.

Seniors at Miti, again missing some key personnel, Jimma, Wingnut, Riordo... Pretty scrappy affair early but the game opened up as it went on. Think the scoreboard said we were 6 goal winners. Miti were without a few as well, Harry Madden & one of the Sidebottoms the most notable.

Seconds were undermanned and managed to win both. With a few senior boys playing 2 games. Meade kicked 8 in the 2's against Miri.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our tipping competition, located at https://www.faceyoursfears.com/games/NCFL16/tip.html has its first prize!

Our winner will receive a Central Vic Region Finals ticket, which will grant free admission to all finals in 2016, under the AFL CENTRAL VIC umbrella. Thanks to AFL Central Victoria

If anyone is interested in participating, I urge you to sign up with a name that I can recognise who you are, so if you win, I can give you the prizes

Great to see scoreboard wise, that there were 4 close games over the weekend all decided by under 5 goals. I know it's early days but we might be in for an even year.

Big letdown, after the quality of the previous game I (we both) witnessed.

Lights were okay, but nothing near the level (or cost) of the likes of QEO, Dower, Castlemaine, etc
Yeah it was a cracking game, both teams will be hoping they can kick that straight all year, and both teams with a few out!

I did hunt a few of your photos up this arvo, lighting didn't look great, good on them for trying something different though! It would have cooled off pretty quickly too!

I left at 3qt, spent the first half with the camera, watched most of the third quarter just as a spectator, without having to worry about getting enough light into the camera sensor, and all that jazz.

Definitely worth looking at, two games a year, I think would be perfect, one early in the season when it is still supposedly warmish and one later in the season when it starts to warm up again.

Would be interesting to hear how the players found it, one of you Wedderburn lads on here care to share?

Umps thought lights reasonable compared to Bendigo ones - Boort players happy enough, great occasion for club, huge h and away crowd, long weekend helped. One night game early may be enough! League would be happy with the press, coverage etc and young blokes especially were super keen to play under lights.

Bit of a "captain obvious" but by geez there's some big matches this weekend. What are everyone's tips?
SL-ND Would be really wanting to chalk up their 1st win of 2016, yet they face a pretty handy outfit in Charlton who would love to be 3-0 and perched nicely up in the top 2.
Navies by 26.

Wedderburn likewise would love that 1st win of 2016, however it will be a David vs Goliath battle with the impressive outfit that is Donald.
Royal Blues by 70

With a nail biter last week, Wyche will gain plenty of belief that they can beat the better teams without some senior players as was the win against the saints. On the other hand, Birchip will be wanting to bounce back and keep themselves in the top 4 ahead of the pack. Not to mention they are a difficult task to face at home.
Demons by 17

And this game I believe is game of the round. St Arnaud were brave last week by all accounts and accuracy wasn't an issue. With a couple of senior players coming in to the line up, you'd imagine their confidence will be up. Another team looking for that 1st win to start the season rolling. Boort will be buoyed after their 1st win last week against the redbacks under lights. Will be closer then some think.
Saints by 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back