Fremantle's 4th Pick: Shane Yarran (Rest in Peace)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What needs to be considered next is when, where, how Yarrans goals are kicked. I don't know enough about his game to comment. Mayne was very accurate but now misses 'sodas'. Shots against NM and Hawks are examples. Hopefully someone can comment on how/where Yarran gets his goals.
If you look at the end of the ground, there are three large posts - the goals are between the two middle ones. They are taller than the others too, which makes them easier to identify.

If you look at the end of the ground, there are three large posts - the goals are between the two middle ones. They are taller than the others too, which makes them easier to identify.
Interesting post, especially the reference to '3 large posts'. I could have sworn there were 4, but what would I know?;)

Im really looking forward to seeing this guy play. But he seems to be forever in the rehab group.

Some of the training watchers have mentioned him goal kicking at training so thats a better sign but its seeming that he wont be ready come NAB cup

What do people think that have seen him at training ? Would suck if we got another gumbleton, full of potential and what we need, but always injured

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

History shows that he's far from a Gumbleton scenario. He did his knee in the WAFL grand final (either PCL or MCL, I forget) and they're taking a precautionary route with him, he's proven to be pretty durable in the WAFL the last 2 years so I wouldn't be worried about his durability long term at all.

History shows that he's far from a Gumbleton scenario. He did his knee in the WAFL grand final (either PCL or MCL, I forget) and they're taking a precautionary route with him, he's proven to be pretty durable in the WAFL the last 2 years so I wouldn't be worried about his durability long term at all.
Do you think he will play pre season ?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

To you maybe, to me it sound like he wont be playing until rd 6, and thats s**t!!!

He has been doing plenty of running and shooting on goal.
Still in the rehab group but it would not surprise if he is in full training by end of January.
I was expecting to see him out of rehab after the break, going on his last few sessions before Christmas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has been doing plenty of running and shooting on goal.
Still in the rehab group but it would not surprise if he is in full training by end of January.
I was expecting to see him out of rehab after the break, going on his last few sessions before Christmas.

I was hoping that would be the case but it just didnt happen.

You say he has been doing plenty of running but what kind is that, jogs, sprints, time trials???

It seems to me they are not going to rush this and it certainly gives RTB an X factor come mid season. Also gives Mayne alot of time to prove himself.

I was hoping that would be the case but it just didnt happen.

You say he has been doing plenty of running but what kind is that, jogs, sprints, time trials???

It seems to me they are not going to rush this and it certainly gives RTB an X factor come mid season. Also gives Mayne alot of time to prove himself.

Jogging laps.

So what's happening with Mr Yarran, I haven't heard a thing of quite a while now?
Can someone please post an update?

Yaz is well and truly in the main group now but is still trying to get his fitness level up after a prolonged stint in re-hab.
He is definitely improving his positioning and timing in match sim drills.
Only last week he put on a breathtaking display of his speed in a match sim.
Yaz is still sporting the strapping on his knee but doesn't appear to be having any lingering issues with it.
His skills look polished but he still hasn't got the positioning and running patterns down pat yet.
That will come.
I don't think we will see him in the final NAB game but is likely to play for Peel RD 1 with a few others in our squad.

He'll be debuting for Peel this weekend, yes?

That's not even certain.
Shane said at training last week he isn't sure when he'll be playing.
He is training with the main group and then does one on one with a trainer before going it alone jogging laps.
Coming from a long way back with his prolonged stint in the rehab group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back