Anime/Manga you are currently watching/reading

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm watching Utena, Kuroko no Basket and Toaru Kagaku no Railgun.

Utena is something I just laughed at as a kid but at the same time I really enjoyed parts of it I just think I couldn't appreciate it at that age. Now I want to watch it again and to the end. I've watched the first couple of episodes and I'm captivated.

I just love that opening song.

The other 2 were picked for random reasons of just seeing something about it and wanting to watch it.

About 8 episodes into Kuroko and enjoying it. Perhaps something that BoshtrichBurger might enjoy being into basketball.

Railgun is just a funny sort of magic girl ecchi anime which I'm enjoying and the fights have been well paced enough with the comedy that it really feels balanced. About 13 eps in there.

Also thinking about watching GTO properly. Another I couldn't get into when I first had the chance but gave the first episode a go last night and got through it no worries so I might continue with that every now and then. Not the sort of thing I can binge on.

I watched anime all the time from 1995-2005 but drifted away. Suddenly I have a renewed interest.

Perhaps some might not understand this but I don't enjoy mass market fight scene anime at all. DBZ, One Piece... just boring filler to me. I know it's popular but I don't care. It's not intellectually stimulating enough for me. I'd much rather be watching some funny Slice of Life like Love Hina or Azumanga Daioh.

Utena is something I just laughed at as a kid but at the same time I really enjoyed parts of it I just think I couldn't appreciate it at that age. Now I want to watch it again and to the end. I've watched the first couple of episodes and I'm captivated.

The other 2 were picked for random reasons of just seeing something about it and wanting to watch it.

About 8 episodes into Kuroko and enjoying it. Perhaps something that BoshtrichBurger might enjoy being into basketball.

Railgun is just a funny sort of magic girl ecchi anime which I'm enjoying and the fights have been well paced enough with the comedy that it really feels balanced. About 13 eps in there.

Also thinking about watching GTO properly. Another I couldn't get into when I first had the chance but gave the first episode a go last night and got through it no worries so I might continue with that every now and then. Not the sort of thing I can binge on.

I watched anime all the time from 1995-2005 but drifted away. Suddenly I have a renewed interest.

Perhaps some might not understand this but I don't enjoy mass market fight scene anime at all. DBZ, One Piece... just boring filler to me. I know it's popular but I don't care. It's not intellectually stimulating enough for me. I'd much rather be watching some funny Slice of Life like Love Hina or Azumanga Daioh.

Have you seen Ikuhara's recent stuff, Penguindrum and Yuri Kuma?

Finally up to the last 50 chapters of naruto.

Far out this last battle has drawn out longer than the frieza arc.... probably not.

But after watching the anime for years now and reading the manga all in one go, I can safely say the anime did not do the manga justice by its pacing.

Naruto is seriously a masterpiece. As good as manga gets.
Remember reading each chapter as it came out weekly a couple of years ago when it was coming towards the end. Had an awesome plot and some great character development. Especially loved the Chuunin exams arc, the Akatsuki, and the strategies involved in the fights up until the Pein arc. The manga was seriously well done for such a long-standing series.

Bit disappointing that they seem intent on milking every $ they can get out of the anime with fillers and such.

Finished all 3 season of Kuroko. Really enjoyed it even though I'm not too into basketball.

If you like funny slice of life maybe try Ore Seishun/My teen romantic comedy SNAFU if you haven't seen it already?

Finished all 3 season of Kuroko. Really enjoyed it even though I'm not too into basketball.

If you like funny slice of life maybe try Ore Seishun/My teen romantic comedy SNAFU if you haven't seen it already?

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll be sure to add it to the long list of anime I plan to watch.

To be honest it feels like there's a mountain of anime I would like to watch out there. I know I can't possibly watch it all but reviews are important and somebody else saying they liked it goes a long way.

It is precisely this reason why I hate filler anime. Inuyasha was the only one of these filler animes I ever actually watched in my younger days and I got sick of it after a while. Why bother watching filler when there's so much anime out there? Just move on.

Before I got into Naruto I wasn't going to get into it because of the massive amounts of filler it has, espescially near the end of "Naruto". Before that I would always watch the filler episodes. After watching the first Naruto filler episode, I decided that I wouldn't watch any filler.

Naruto is a really good manga and anime, however there were some things I didn't like about it. It seems that most enemies get redeemed in some way, and Naruto becomes friends with them. There are times when situations like that work, and there are times when it doesn't; it happened too much in Naruto. Something else I didn't like was that Sakura still wanted to be with Sasuke after he beat her and tried to kill her.

Before I got into Naruto I wasn't going to get into it because of the massive amounts of filler it has, espescially near the end of "Naruto". Before that I would always watch the filler episodes. After watching the first Naruto filler episode, I decided that I wouldn't watch any filler.

Naruto is a really good manga and anime, however there were some things I didn't like about it. It seems that most enemies get redeemed in some way, and Naruto becomes friends with them. There are times when situations like that work, and there are times when it doesn't; it happened too much in Naruto. Something else I didn't like was that Sakura still wanted to be with Sasuke after he beat her and tried to kill her.
Yeah I get what you mean, like the way they moved to the good side was far too flippant.

Gaaras move was the best though.

But it plays into Narutos best attribute, is the ability to make friends with everyone and get them to support him.

Are you sure you're not talking about Karin? Lol

Yeah I get what you mean, like the way they moved to the good side was far too flippant.

Gaaras move was the best though.

But it plays into Narutos best attribute, is the ability to make friends with everyone and get them to support him.

Are you sure you're not talking about Karin? Lol

At the time I would have liked Gaara to be finished off.

I think it's stupid for any person to want to be with someone who beats them.

I think what you've referred to mostly happened towards the end in the 4th Shinobi World War arc where past villains just seemed to be redeemed left, right and center.

Gaara's redemption was a vital plot device in my opinion since he is the only other character in the series who is in Naruto's position and could empathise with him.

Liked how Itachi turned out to be good. Think his story is awesome.

Pein's redemption seemed a bit deus ex machina though...

I agree that the series has its flaws, Sakura is an incredibly under-developed character for someone who's suppose to be the female lead and thought she was somewhat irrelevant, and Sasuke is too volatile - revenge on his brother, then revenge Konoha for his brother, then etc.

But still I thought it was a rather well made series and did well to piece together a story successfully over so many chapters.

Last edited:
I think what you've referred to mostly happened towards the end in the 4th Shinobi World War arc where past villains just seemed to be redeemed left, right and center.

Gaara's redemption was a vital plot device in my opinion since he is the only other character in the series who is in Naruto's position and could empathise with him.

Liked how Itachi turned out to be good. Think his story is awesome.

Pein's redemption seemed a bit deus ex machina though...

I agree that the series has its flaws, Sakura is an incredibly under-developed character for someone who's suppose to be the female lead and thought she was somewhat irrelevant, and Sasuke is too volatile - revenge on his brother, then revenge Konoha for his brother, then etc.

But still I thought it was a rather well made series and did well to piece together a story successfully over so many chapters.

I remember when watching it that I was wondering if Itachi was going to turn out to be good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I finished Naruto and the epilogue.

Really disappointed in the last 50 chapters. I felt like things just really hit the fan and went the way some mangas go, just complete ludicrousness.

The latest One Piece chapter is amazing and fantastic.

Bege is really cool.
Bege has a 3 billion bounty.
Sanji's name is revealed.

Its only January... BUT Boku dake ga Inai Machi will be a cotender for AOTY. 3 episodes in and am loving it. great pace, every scene has a purpose and the plot is good aswell. Recommend it to everyone.

Reading Bakuman atm.

Really interesting and somehow the manga has so much depth to it. I'm up to chapter 40 but it feels like it would be like chapter 100 in a normal manga.

It doesn't even feel rushed either. First time I've encountered this.

Been watching (and hanging out every week) Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans. It's pretty good, although hasn't been as much action as previous MSG anime. The last few episodes have been better in terms of action though. Story is pretty good though, makes up for the lack of space/suit battles.

Hinamatsuri. Yakuza underling finds himself looking after a girl with telekinetic powers while trying to remain a model gangaster, the "sudden parent" trope is done a bit in manga (like Usagi Drop) but this is pretty damn funny and the reaction faces are gold. Not sure yet whether it's going to take a darker turn, it's pretty light so far.

Reading Bakuman atm.

Really interesting and somehow the manga has so much depth to it. I'm up to chapter 40 but it feels like it would be like chapter 100 in a normal manga.

It doesn't even feel rushed either. First time I've encountered this.

Great series and you learn heaps about the struggles of mangaka, seems like a pretty realistic portrayal too, not that I'd know.

Slam Dunk is far superior. The manga that is. I did enjoy Kuroko regardless.

But the best sports series is Ashita no Joe by far.

Thanks BB will get onto it.

Nearly done with Kuroko, had a few binges just because I didn't want to stop watching mid game haha. The 6 episode games are a bit of a grind.

Bit slow, but finally got around to watching Code Geass. Pretty damn good :)

Yeh great show. Behind Cowboy Bebop and FMA for mine.

What's everyone's favourite new anime they've been watching?

Looking to get into something new, Attack on Titan was the best recent one I've seen. When's the second season due to come back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeh great show. Behind Cowboy Bebop and FMA for mine.

What's everyone's favourite new anime they've been watching?

Looking to get into something new, Attack on Titan was the best recent one I've seen. When's the second season due to come back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nothing will ever beat Bebop IMO. CG really has a Death Note type a feel to it.

Attack on Titan is ready to go next for me. Also have Death Parade which is meant to be pretty good. Only 12 episodes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back