List Mgmt. Player Replacements

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
See, I wouldn't have minded if they had just said that Essendon has to upgrade all their rookies first and then fill the rest of the spots with top ups. That's what the AFL is asking everyone else to do. Then no one could complain. But in their quest to make the s**t Bombers, who deserve to be smashed from pillar to post for the entire season, more competitive, they came up with some bullshit excuse about fielding a competitive team.

Why didn't the Bombers 'plan ahead'?

They did - only 12 of the 34 are still on their list

I think the similar circumstances they're talking about which cover Gus are that players with 2 strikes under the recreational drug policy (which they don't have to disclose) could get traded and then suspended on a 3rd strike.

It's a bullshit analogy, which completely misses the point that this was an unprecedented, systemic doping regime affecting a whole club under the AFL's watch and the AFL itself did not believe suspensions were warranted and at its most basic level, ignores the fact that Essendon, despite being depleted, will operate with one more player than us.

They did - only 12 of the 34 are still on their list

I was referring to them delisting their rookies and signing mature players who could play in the event of a bad outcome instead of relying on the AFL to bail them out, but you're right :)

Sounds like the AwFuL is even saying it was buyer beware with Angus too!

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2016-02-05/no-topups-powers-application-rejected

"The AFL based its decision around an assumed risk with the recruitment of players from other clubs.

It argued factors at play prior to a player joining his new club may result in his suspension under the AFL’s rules.

That includes in circumstances such as those related to the recruitment of Angus Monfries in 2012, where information related to Essendon’s anti-doping offences was then unknown."

I predict that KT will come on to 5AA in a minute and announce that AM & PRs salaries will be removed from our cap and will now throw the extra cash at Ollie with a big * you to the AFL!!!

Billy is not even the tallest bloke in this photo.. am i :drunk:

newnumbers_620_620X370.jpg

Sounds like the AwFuL is even saying it was buyer beware with Angus too!

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2016-02-05/no-topups-powers-application-rejected

"The AFL based its decision around an assumed risk with the recruitment of players from other clubs.

It argued factors at play prior to a player joining his new club may result in his suspension under the AFL’s rules.

That includes in circumstances such as those related to the recruitment of Angus Monfries in 2012, where information related to Essendon’s anti-doping offences was then unknown."

If that's the case we should take the bastards to the CAS!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is hardly a surprise. The total incompetency of the AFL has been there for all to see for some time. Worst run and worst officiated sport in the world, and yet we all still follow it.

What a festival of arseclownery AFL House is

AFL reasoning sucks too. Essendon shouldn't get 10 top up players if they are given the option for rookie upgrades.

I'm sure they'll be happy to hold an open press conference to justify the apparent lack of logic behind that.

lol

Yes he is.
He's got Dougal by 1cm, so surely thats 2 options

National Recruiting Manager Geoff Parker
"Dougal played forward and back during the year, but we see him as a key forward who can go in the ruck and provide relief in the ruck," Port Adelaide's national recruiting manager Geoff Parker told portadelaidefc.com.au

The hilarious thing about this is that the 'top up' player would have been some over the hill hack or state league never was...and the other clubs were so scared of Port Adelaide winning the flag that they poopooed the idea.

When we win the flag this year - and * it, I'm saying we will now because no one is going to expect us to anyway - it's going to be glorious to see Gillon and his cronies have to eat our s**t when they realize that a) they've got a wasteland in Gold Coast and GWS that will never amount to anything thanks to us becoming a dominant force and b) we'll be getting Ryder back and become even more powerful next season.

When we win the flag this year - and **** it, I'm saying we will now because no one is going to expect us to anyway - it's going to be glorious to see Gillon and his cronies have to eat our s**t when they realize that a) they've got a wasteland in Gold Coast and GWS that will never amount to anything thanks to us becoming a dominant force and b) we'll be getting Ryder back and become even more powerful next season.

Tredders would have made this exact point on the dais too. Sadly Travis is too classy. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back