Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon - congratulations on '16 Wooden Spoon (RIP The Scales)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's a Von Trapp!

images

If there's a God - and the last three years would certainly suggest there is - then this saga will be made into a cheesy musical.

It could be called 'The Sound Of Facing The Music'.

Let's start from the very beginning
It's a very good place to start
And first it begins with A-O-D
A-O-D, A-O-D
Yes, the first three letters are A-O-D
A-O-D, A-O-D
Let's see if I can make it easier

Jobe, his peers, some illegal gear
Jim, the club's own golden son
God, a name he calls himself
France, a long long way to run
Start, an epic BF thread
LOL, a place to follow woe
T, a drug with B and 4
Which will bring us back to Jobe, Jobe, Jobe, Jobe

Last edited:
If there's a God - and the last three years would certainly suggest there is - then this saga will be made into a cheesy musical.

It could be called 'The Sound of Facing The Music'.

A-O-D, A-O-D
A-O-D, A-O-D

Start an epic BF thread
T, a drug with B and 4

Three years on and this thread keeps delivering gold like this.

Stay unclassy *essendon.

I can't figure out if Marsh is stupid, incompetent or hopelessly compromised, but whatever the case if the AFL had any guts he'd have been packing a cardboard box long ago.
My money is he's all three.

The extraordinary stupidity of the *people who made this decision to appeal the CAS decision is highlighted even more today by the article in the Age, which suggests that it will take a year to be completed.

Irrespective of the outcome, by then *they will have missed this year, be back training next year, why bother proceeding with a meaningless process that will achieve nothing? *they won't get *their 2016 season back (although some of *their even more idiotic donialist supporters will no doubt be dreaming ways now as to how the *bombers will be awarded the 2016 flag by default). At most *they will be exonerated on a legal technical point and most importantly the Court of Public Opinion, will still forever judge *them to be guilty of taking PED's and as cheats.

But hey, why am I arguing against such a course of action? I love it. At least another year of great great fun for all of us to enjoy.

It could be called 'The Sound of Facing The Music'.

A-O-D, A-O-D
A-O-D, A-O-D

Start an epic BF thread
T, a drug with B and 4

Brilliant! :thumbsu:

Looking forward to you penning *albert's version of "So long, farewell, I'm here to say goodbye".

Just read today's Herald Sun at a cafe. Don't know why. In the history of sports journalism has there ever been anyone more unashamedly biased than Slobbo? Makes me feel a little bit ill. Jeezuzz

I thought Slobbo's "Please don't take Jobe's medal away" article was one of the worst pieces of writing (not journalism...just writing - and I'm a primary school teacher so I've read some s**t) I've ever read....but BAM! Second encore!

"It's a matter of principle for the Essendon players." What? It's a matter of principle for someone who's guilty to try and weasel their way out of facing up to their own guilt by looking for loopholes. I guess Robbo admires Julian Knight and his stupid appeals too.

"This whole episode started in the dusty bowels of Windy Hill in 2011 and is now destined to finish at the pillared and imposing Federal Court of Switzerland sometime in 2016 — fingers crossed." Really? So you just want the whole episode to end? That would have happened had these flogs not wasted time and money on a frivolous appeal.

"but admiration goes to the players." Now that's just bullshit right there. Apart from the author of this trash, hardly anybody would stand agog in admiration of these guys.

"They are arguing a technicality." Wait. I thought you said they were fighting an admirable fight for their reputation, innocence and integrity. But no? They are just looking for a technicality to worm their way off the hook? What's to admire in that?

"It is yet another incredible day in an incredible story." Yep. This is actually true. But not in the way Robbo wants us to believe.

"Remember they had asked former coach James Hird to give up his Federal Court appeal when all Hird was trying to do was argue a technicality about the lawfulness of the joint AFL-ASADA case." I actually do remember that. And I remember how that turned out. Am I supposed to admire that too?

"Bombers fans shouldn’t fret." No because, they, like every other supporter of every other team, like seeing their club throw away Membership revenue on futile legal actions that won't mean diddly squat to help their team win games.

"As for the every other fan, don’t fret either." Believe me Robbo, we aren't fretting at all.

"Thirty-four players were called drug cheats on “comfortable satisfaction’’ by the world’s leading sports tribunal. The players have been told the case should not have been heard as it was, which was heard from scratch, which allowed CAS to fight a different legal tact and bring in new evidence." But Robbo, who told them the case should not have been heard as it was? Their lawyers? Well yeah, they'd have nothing to gain in this. And shame on CAS. Fighting different legal tacts and bringing in new evidence. Legal tacts that were all above board and successful and evidence that was proven. How dare they!?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are *they bothering? The appeal won't happen for a few months, the season will be gone for *them by then and very few of *them can speak coherent English, let alone speak French.

Bewildering decision. *they should just get over it and move on.
True. But Horace, they didn't get to where they are by making good decisions.

"Thirty-four players were called drug cheats on “comfortable satisfaction’’ by the world’s leading sports tribunal. The players have been told the case should not have been heard as it was, which was heard from scratch, which allowed CAS to fight a different legal tact and bring in new evidence." But Robbo, who told them the case should not have been heard as it was? Their lawyers? Well yeah, they'd have nothing to gain in this. And shame on CAS. Fighting different legal tacts and bringing in new evidence. Legal tacts that were all above board and successful and evidence that was proven. How dare they!?

It should also be pointed out that the new evidence presented by WADA to CAS was not actually disputed by the players' lawyer. In particular, the molecular weight of the substance mixed by Alavi for injection into the players was acknowledged by the players' lawyer to be Thymosin Beta 4, to a 95% certainty. So we have accepted that there is a smoking gun with players' finger prints, but now we are arguing that WADA should not have been allowed to present the gun. That's the matter of principle and the reason we should admire these clowns.

Gotta love the * board. Calling for Royal Commission into the corrupt investigation perpetrated on them by the former ALP govt. AFL, WADA, ASADA, this legendary thread and a exploding supernova in a nearby galaxy.
They just can't let go. I was actually starting to have a fraction of sympathy for them ( forgive me )
Now l hope it destroys them.

It's getting to the 'man on the moon', 'Elvis is still alive', 'who shot JFK', 'Loch Ness monster', '9-11 was a CIA scam' level of conspiracy theory for these deluded *ess fokers. Really they should just be glad they still have a club to follow..........a complete shambolic, immoral, laughing stock one at that. Screw them, I'm ******* loving it.

It's getting to the 'man on the moon', 'Elvis is still alive', 'who shot JFK', 'Loch Ness monster', '9-11 was a CIA scam' level of conspiracy theory for these deluded *ess fokers. Really they should just be glad they still have a club to follow..........a complete shambolic, immoral, laughing stock one at that. Screw them, I'm ******* loving it.
Don't forget "Melbourne didn't tank".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back