Strategy Gold Coast SUNS Fantasy/SC/DT Q&A

Remove this Banner Ad

Trent is an interesting one. Hopefully the culture shift at our club has a positive impact on his consistency. I'd only expect him to be fringe 22 to start off the season though.
McKenzie & Stanley were the 2 that stood out to me as struggling the most with fitness on Saturday. Just seemed off the pace compared to the other guys, even the new draftees.
Thanks heaps fellas, I will keep him on my watchlist but look elsewhere aswell. Cheers.

You can set it up to be an 8 or 9 category scoring system which can include Frees for, Frees against, Goal kicking efficiency, marks tackles etc...

Every stat is worth 1 stat in that category. Play H2H and you end up with scores of 5-3 for the week (e.g. I won more categories for the weekend than my opponent).

Have found that it makes for a much closer contest week in, week out and need to be more strategic with your selections such as making sure you get a good ruckman early on to win HO category, or picking backline and midfielders that kick goals, or picking Jack Gunston because he kicks 5.1 instead of Travis Cloke who kick 1.5... just something to consider as adds an extra layer to the fantasy experience

Everything is done via Ultimate Footy its just the scoring settings that change.

Ahh sounds like my NBA one. Not a fan

So the HARDEST (and I can not stress how true this is) thing about creating a draft league is getting everyone online to do the draft. Big Red Machine who is the commisioner of the best draft league in Australia can attest to this.

My thinking is that we go ahead and do it during the SUNS v EAGLES Nab Challenge game in Perth. Not many of us will be there, but most of us will be at home watching it on the couch, so that could be as good a time as any!
Can confirm.

I do run the best Draft league in the country. ;)

hey guys!

I heard/read something that indicated Sexton was flying this PS...

Are we looking at him as a best 22 player? and what do you think his scoring would be like (fantasy)?

Cheers!

hey guys!

Are we looking at him as a best 22 player? and what do you think his scoring would be like (fantasy)?

Cheers!

I think most of us on here can agree that he is best 22, but the problem is where. He wont get big midfield minutes unless we get injuries so it is most likely he plays on either a wing/half-forward or possibly as a tagger at some stages which would obviously limit his scoring potential.

I don't think he will be super fantasy relevant as he is a fair way down the list of major ball winners but he does love to tackle so who knows. I'd keep an eye on him, as I am, and see what his role is in the NAB challenge and see how he goes. :)

Last edited:
I think most of us on here can agree that he is best 22, but the problem is where. He wont get big midfield minutes unless we get injuries so it is most likely he plays on either a wing/half-forward or possibly as a tagger at some stages which would obviously limit his scoring potential.

I don't think he will be super fantasy relevant as he is a fair way down the list of major ball winners but he does love to tackle so who knows. I'd keep an eye on him, as I am, and see what his role is in the NAB challenge and see how he goes. :)
Thanks for the insight. Much appreciated. Good luck for the season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for the insight. Much appreciated. Good luck for the season
hey guys!

Cheers!

I'd go above what you say and chip in that he wont be layed as a mid at all. With his dash and his class with the ball he will mostly be used as a wing/flanker. One of the silkiest players at the club, very underrated.

Hey guys, I'm a big Lynch fan and will start him in my SC side this year. I think he will average around 100 or more.
What are your thoughts?
Thanks

How's the fitness levels of Malceski?
In the 4 seasons he's played 22 games he's always averaged over 90 - so I'm hoping he's fit and will get back up to that level.

Also will KK play his preferred position on the HBF, he seemed to score a lot better there, although at times did receive some opposition attention which stopped him scoring. Any reason to see him improve or changes to the team that'll help him?

cheers.

I would like to enquire about the form/progress of Peter Wright. Probably shouldn't get game-time in 2016 but with Dixon gone it would be interesting if he does enough on your pre-season to force his way in. As a #8 pick he's clearly got potential but I know big men take time to ripen.

I would like to enquire about the form/progress of Peter Wright. Probably shouldn't get game-time in 2016 but with Dixon gone it would be interesting if he does enough on your pre-season to force his way in. As a #8 pick he's clearly got potential but I know big men take time to ripen.
Its his spot to lose. Day will get first crack but I dont think he will handle the pressure.
Wright will come in a take control, star in waiting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back