Unsolved The Beaumont Children

Remove this Banner Ad

That was my impression too. You know, in the absence of anything, well that we know, this seemed to be like the first fully plasuible theory put forward in 50 years. I have to add though, what we know. There's probably a host of toher suspects that seemed as compelling, but the police ruled out behind closed doors. The Satin Man, it has to be stressed, was put forward by non-police, so it was in the public domnain. Just as a thought exercise, if some of the other compelling but ruled out suspects/scenarios were out forward we might be debating the relative merits and musing of 'cover up' too.

Yes, fully agree.

It's always strange when, as an example, police publish a photograph of a suspect in an offence committed a year ago! Why not publish at the time? Prejudicial impacts aside.

Yeah, I read that site last week and again today. what about one of the first posts about the guy saying that Jim Beaumont was in the back of his police car that night?

Not sure why wouldn't he come forward with any relevant information, no need to wait to be asked in a case like this.

I thought Mr Beaumont drove around by himself the first night anyway.

Yes, fully agree.

It's always strange when, as an example, police publish a photograph of a suspect in an offence committed a year ago! Why not publish at the time? Prejudicial impacts aside.

I'm not across the legal, procedural or possible ethical issues. My position is only one of problem solving: sometimes things need to be looked at freshly; not just by like-minded people but ones outside of the orthodoxy and conventions.

Not sure why wouldn't he come forward with any relevant information, no need to wait to be asked in a case like this.

Yesh, that's the account I know. I found the first line of his post odd, 'no one has asked me...' I've seen a similair post by the same guy on another forum too. Thinking I might post a link in there to here.

Definitely drove around in the back of police cars until early morning when they dropped him home - he then got into his own car and searched.

Yesh, that's the account I know. I found the first line of his post odd, 'no one has asked me...' I've seen a similair post by the same guy on another forum too. Thinking I might post a link in there to here.

If he was a cop ... why did he need to be asked.about that night with Jim ?

Weird

So in the interview above, they say that the sighting at Wenzel's cakeshop wasn't confirmed for another 12 months... 12 months.

Didnt I read that the info about 3 kids buying goods with one pound wasn't made public for 12 months. Police knew of it I think.

If released earlier police could have verified if it was Beaumonts or other kids as other kids/parents could've confirmed 'it was us not the missing kids'

Didnt I read that the info about 3 kids buying goods with one pound wasn't made public for 12 months. Police knew of it I think.

If released earlier police could have verified if it was Beaumonts or other kids as other kids/parents could've confirmed 'it was us not the missing kids'

I dunno. Just repeating what Jones and Whitacker said. Is there really anything definitive in this case?

I still can't fathom how ot took them 12 months to confiem that bit of info. It's in the immediate area... youd think the shop assistant would have reported it right away. The police canvassed the area at least. You really have to wonder how thorough the immediate investigation was. I see this arcchival footage of line of people tearing up the place looking for the kids. You have to wonder about how thorough, wide-reaching and probing was the information gathering at the beach area.

I dunno. Just repeating what Jones and Whitacker said. Is there really anything definitive in this case?

I still can't fathom how ot took them 12 months to confiem that bit of info. It's in the immediate area... youd think the shop assistant would have reported it right away. The police canvassed the area at least. You really have to wonder how thorough the immediate investigation was. I see this arcchival footage of line of people tearing up the place looking for the kids. You have to wonder about how thorough, wide-reaching and probing was the information gathering at the beach area.
The shop assistant reported her information to police the day after the disappearance -

The shop assistant reported her information to police the day after the disappearance -

That's what I thought, but listen to the account that Whitacker gives on the audio above. He actually uses the word confirmed - does that mean it was reported but in some way not linked or acted upon. Just thought it was an interesting thing to say and empathasise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's what I thought, but listen to the account that Whitacker gives on the audio above. He actually uses the word confirmed - does that mean it was reported but in some way not linked or acted upon. Just thought it was an interesting thing to say and empathasise.

Police hold key info from the public/media all the time (or do I watch too much tv cop/csi shows?) ... the one pound note used by the kids (if it was them?) was one link to another party ... in hindsight it may have been better to put it out in the media straight away whilst the news was fresh ... not a year later?

So in the interview above, they say that the sighting at Wenzel's cakeshop wasn't confirmed for another 12 months... 12 months.
'Confirmed' is not the correct word to use - the police 'released' the information 12 months later but knew of the one pound note on January 27, 1966.

'Confirmed' is not the correct word to use - the police 'released' the information 12 months later but knew of the one pound note on January 27, 1966.

Thanks for clearing up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm weeks behind you guys here but anyway.

With the talk of the suspect talking openly to strangers about the missing money... he seems far too relaxed about being seen.

Has there been any theory put forward where he's actually befriended the children in a relatively innocent manner, then some sort of accident has occurred, he's s**t himself about being "responsible" and so abducted the other two and taken care of them?

Different I know, but who knows re this case.

Anything is possible I guess but it would have to be a massive coincidence if the man had absolutely nothing to do with their disappearance.

Not that, more that he didn't go that day with malice aforethought (love that phrase), but something has happened and he's freaked out and taken drastic action.

Just so odd for him to be openly seen with the children and been talking to strangers etc.

Not that, more that he didn't go that day with malice aforethought (love that phrase), but something has happened and he's freaked out and taken drastic action.

Just so odd for him to be openly seen with the children and been talking to strangers etc.

I guess anything is possible. Perhaps he was so comfortable for any number of reasons: he wasn't from around there; he knew he was protected; he didn't care; he wasn't thinking rationally.

It could be any number of reasons, I guess.

Any one heard if there has been any comment on the most recent lead?

I guess anything is possible. Perhaps he was so comfortable for any number of reasons: he wasn't from around there; he knew he was protected; he didn't care; he wasn't thinking rationally.

It could be any number of reasons, I guess.

Any one heard if there has been any comment on the most recent lead?

Haven't seen anything come up as yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back