GDFL Season 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did notice on the clearances that east Geelong have headed back to the retirement village and picked up Wade Bowyer. This bloke has had more clubs the Dale Kickett.

It has been quieter then past years maybe the points system/salary cap may put some loyalty back into footy?
Looking at your previous posts you seem to be obsessed with East surprised you think you know everything about them they will be a massive sleeper they have picked up heaps

Div
I'm pig & it's not me talkin myself up, I try & stay off this site as there is a fair bit of garbage that gets written on here.. But to say blokes that have played at SL are div 6 players is pretty average form mate!
All the best to your mob

Div 6 was obviously an over exaggeration piggy glad you popped up on here good luck for the year mate

Div

Div 6 was obviously an over exaggeration piggy glad you popped up on here good luck for the year mate
I know mate but not all blokes are gifted footballers so if div 3 WRFL is what they are good at and wanna give the GDFL a crack good on them, they shouldn't be bagged about it.

Goodluck to you also :)

Looking at your previous posts you seem to be obsessed with East surprised you think you know everything about them they will be a massive sleeper they have picked up heaps

A little bit touchy mate. I have written about East a few times. Good luck to east. They have one really good recruit in prymke.

Where do you think east will finish up on the ladder?

A little bit touchy mate. I have written about East a few times. Good luck to east. They have one really good recruit in prymke.

Where do you think east will finish up on the ladder?
Not touchy I don't really care about any team but notice you seem to comment bout them, I think they will finish just outside the 5 so I would say 6th I think Inverleigh will be the team to beat and don't right off Hill. East have a lot more pick ups than Prymke

Not touchy I don't really care about any team but notice you seem to comment bout them, I think they will finish just outside the 5 so I would say 6th I think Inverleigh will be the team to beat and don't right off Hill. East have a lot more pick ups than Prymke

By Krock footy article they have a lot more pick ups but I believe (my opinion) that the quality isn't their.
The players from St Mary's colts, some of them played games in the 2nd team.
The point system will be a concern if clubs pick up lots players. Eg Barry o'toole 5 points.

By Krock footy article they have a lot more pick ups but I believe (my opinion) that the quality isn't their.
The players from St Mary's colts, some of them played games in the 2nd team.
The point system will be a concern if clubs pick up lots players. Eg Barry o'toole 5 points.
Certain all recruits weren't named just like Thomson didn't name Brent Mcleod

Can you share any more names?

Got me stuffed how Thomson can fit Brent in the salary cap. Brent wouldn't be returning home for free.

Speaking of Football Geelong and how they police things this year I just noticed a 1/4 page advertisement in todays addy promoting and calling on players and volunteers for the second junior team in Torquay - the Suns under 9s, 10s, 11s. What are they doing do help the smaller clubs that need juniors, especially the GDFL clubs with larger clubs in the area? Answer - nothing, their job should be to promote junior football fairly and evenly around the entire region. I am only using Belmont as an example but we try hard to build the juniors but always lose kids and families, especially the better players to South Barwon and Grovedale who have multiple multiple under 10, 12, 14, 16s. I think they have like 4 or 5 teams of under 10s and 12s. I am sure East, Thomson, West, BPH etc are in similar positions. Anyone else agree or want to add an opinion as this is a pretty important topic, especially with points affecting clubs in the future.

Also RIP lemo - ha ha[/QUOTE]

I know mate but not all blokes are gifted footballers so if div 3 WRFL is what they are good at and wanna give the GDFL a crack good on them, they shouldn't be bagged about it.

Goodluck to you also :)

Not what I was saying mate ha ha but when someone gets on here talks up a bloke from div 3 wrfl coming into a side that didn't win a game last year, lost there 2 best players and there game style was dirty football. Not saying your not a half decent player but it's gonna be a very very hard road and the bloke talking you up I provided some serious statistics and he couldn't understand it lol owe well good luck for the year

Not what I was saying mate ha ha but when someone gets on here talks up a bloke from div 3 wrfl coming into a side that didn't win a game last year, lost there 2 best players and there game style was dirty football. Not saying your not a half decent player but it's gonna be a very very hard road and the bloke talking you up I provided some serious statistics and he couldn't understand it lol owe well good luck for the year

How much better would the two blokes Corio lost from last be in comparison to say Brad Huhn and Corey Collins?

Brad Huhn would be the better than Holzfiend, but different players although both mids, Holzfiend just gets hit and gets back up and goes again. His second efforts are something every player should aspire too whereas Huhn is just an animal, tough and fearless and puts fear into opposition. Collins would be a lot better than Baker by a mile. Age is against Collins only, but still very fit. A huge loss for Anakie that one. Baker won Corio's best and fairest but nothing to hang your hat on given their woeful season. Corio in front on this one in regards to the "players in versus players out"
Holzy better than Huhn in my opinion has the runs on the board and more consistent Corio have also lost Baker along with their only tall in Bowyer so they are coming back from a fair way Collins is quality so is Jas Huhn although he has played little footy in the past year and a half. The league need a competetive Corio, Anakie and West

Yeah it really is a flip of the coin but now I agree Holzy prob does have the runs on the board with B&F's premierships etc.
Not sure who there ruckman will be? Any ideas?

I figured Brad would have the runs on the board considering he played NEAFL?

But admittedly I don't know what the highest level of footy Holzy has played..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I figured Brad would have the runs on the board considering he played NEAFL?

But admittedly I don't know what the highest level of footy Holzy has played..
Premierships at both BPH and Newcomb, runner up league B@F in BFL, not a bad effort. What you would want is both playing, one banging and crashing (obviously Huhn) and Holzy the runner. Holzy would of been better at Corio with heavier more experienced bodies around to protect and share the load, he will get that again at BPH.

Just had a look at the clearances and noticed Marcus Forbes heading to Inverleigh. Not sure how long since he last played or whether he is doing some personal training sort of role? Can anyone fill me in if he has played recently and if he is going to play?

Speaking of Football Geelong and how they police things this year I just noticed a 1/4 page advertisement in todays addy promoting and calling on players and volunteers for the second junior team in Torquay - the Suns under 9s, 10s, 11s. What are they doing do help the smaller clubs that need juniors, especially the GDFL clubs with larger clubs in the area? Answer - nothing, their job should be to promote junior football fairly and evenly around the entire region. I am only using Belmont as an example but we try hard to build the juniors but always lose kids and families, especially the better players to South Barwon and Grovedale who have multiple multiple under 10, 12, 14, 16s. I think they have like 4 or 5 teams of under 10s and 12s. I am sure East, Thomson, West, BPH etc are in similar positions. Anyone else agree or want to add an opinion as this is a pretty important topic, especially with points affecting clubs in the future.

Also RIP lemo - ha ha
[/QUOTE]
Agree 100%. There is no way that any league should be promoting one team above the others, regardless of it being a new team. Make them fight for survival, and to build a team like every other club has to. Giving them so much free publicity is a disgrace, it's a kick in the face for teams like Belmont etc. as you've stated. This team has walked into a 3 year old state of the art facility, have AFL Barwon as an advertising campaign manager, and I wouldn't be surprised if AFL Barwon has supplied all their equipment including jumpers and footy's etc.

My belief for what's it's worth, is some of the lower teams get the ball forward enough times but often don't have the quality forwards to keep it in there and then convert, hence the quick turnover and goal up the other end. So with Belly up there, at least they will have a target to aim for, but hope they also have a few more to share the load otherwise the 3rd man up will spoil the contest. From what I know, if Belly has a good pre season will be a dangerous forward in this comp.

H
Premierships at both BPH and Newcomb, runner up league B@F in BFL, not a bad effort. What you would want is both playing, one banging and crashing (obviously Huhn) and Holzy the runner. Holzy would of been better at Corio with heavier more experienced bodies around to protect and share the load, he will get that again at BPH.

Just had a look at the clearances and noticed Marcus Forbes heading to Inverleigh. Not sure how long since he last played or whether he is doing some personal training sort of role? Can anyone fill me in if he has played recently and if he is going to play?
hasnt played since 2012 I think and battled then probably playing 2s with his best mate Murphy

My belief for what's it's worth, is some of the lower teams get the ball forward enough times but often don't have the quality forwards to keep it in there and then convert, hence the quick turnover and goal up the other end. So with Belly up there, at least they will have a target to aim for, but hope they also have a few more to share the load otherwise the 3rd man up will spoil the contest. From what I know, if Belly has a good pre season will be a dangerous forward in this comp.

Incorrect mate to be a competitive 50/50 at best 40/60 percentage rate up forward, bottom few teams would be lucky to get 25/75 I'm talking 3 maybe 5 times a quarter they would get the ball into there forward compared to 20-30 times a lot of the times it's not the forwards problem it's getting it in there, bottom teams don't have the class or the finish so it gets picked off before the forwards even get a chance belly maybe a gun chances are he's gonna get 1 defender every week and someone extremely smart like Parker or Mckenzie not to far away to be 3rd man in and clear it out

Anakie have apparently lost another 5 players who have switched over to North Shore!

Hopefully the Roos can bring a few in before the start of the season...

Incorrect mate to be a competitive 50/50 at best 40/60 percentage rate up forward, bottom few teams would be lucky to get 25/75 I'm talking 3 maybe 5 times a quarter they would get the ball into there forward compared to 20-30 times a lot of the times it's not the forwards problem it's getting it in there, bottom teams don't have the class or the finish so it gets picked off before the forwards even get a chance belly maybe a gun chances are he's gonna get 1 defender every week and someone extremely smart like Parker or Mckenzie not to far away to be 3rd man in and clear it out

Hey mate, I'm sure you get my point. I lot of teams have decent mids so I'm sure they can get it forward enough times. But to go further I also think a good competitive ruck is also valuable. A lot of times the difference between top sides v bottom sides is depth. Like a second tall/ruck, good flankers, running half backs and some decent back man. Anyway I kind of think we agree but it was more about having a decent forward target is very handy..

Hey mate, I'm sure you get my point. I lot of teams have decent mids so I'm sure they can get it forward enough times. But to go further I also think a good competitive ruck is also valuable. A lot of times the difference between top sides v bottom sides is depth. Like a second tall/ruck, good flankers, running half backs and some decent back man. Anyway I kind of think we agree but it was more about having a decent forward target is very handy..
Any other positions you want to put in there?

Depends on where your living mate, might determine where you play.

Obviously the GFL being the number 1 ranked league in country Victoria makes the league a very high standard and very professional and I'm sure they played the Goulburn Valley a couple of years back in interleague which they won convincingly.

The BFL are clubs based mostly around coastal regions other than Amateurs and Newcomb, having said that a filled with a lot of younger type players and attract a very good following, still most clubs are professional enough and a very high level of skill and fitness needed, so if your into surfing and that sort of culture then that's the league.

The GDFL is of a lower standard, mainly due to fitness levels however still have a relatively high level of skills and football ability. Getting better by the year and sure to improve again. Belmont would be one of the teams with a lot of players in this age group and with Grant Tanner in charge I feel the lions are on the cusp of something exciting. Culture wise Bannockburn I think are a club with a great reputation with plenty of good people at the helm.

You could go on all day about individual clubs, so maybe have a run with a couple and see where both you and the club are at.

I'm sure others will have an opinion on there particular clubs and there strong points.

Thanks very much for the reply, Well I'll be moving later in the week to the suburb of Armstrong Creek.. not too sure what clubs are around there.

I'm pretty big on the fitness standards which would be the main thing dragging me away from the GDFL but at the same time i'd like to play some senior football which in all honesty i don't think i have the ability at the movement for say GFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back