Mega Thread The Random Thoughts Thread Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Er733fl.jpg

Leicester City look like the real deal.

I fear they'll drop a handful points most would consider to be unexpected at some point during the run-in.

The last 10 games are a killer, especially for such a comparatively thin squad.

My fingers are crossed. I still remember us falling in a hole in 2001/2.

We temporarily went top on 24 February after winning the second derby, then Bellamy hurt his knee, Bergkamp scored that ****ing goal and we went a middling 4-4-3 the rest of the way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would have been impressive if you'd won. That might be the worst team I've ever seen in an fps, ever. ps does anyone have cod4 on PC? I've been giving it a whirl most nights in the last week. Great game.
Turn coat

Fairtail shmarytail , I just want my team to avoid relegation.
Relegation schmelegation, I just want my team not to be closed down by the taxman.

I fear they'll drop a handful points most would consider to be unexpected at some point during the run-in.

The last 10 games are a killer, especially for such a comparatively thin squad.
Despite his recent Greek adventure Ranieri has a pretty good CV, but even if the above occurs he'll be able to pick and choose plum managerial jobs à la Guus Hiddink for the rest of his life. Taking a relegation-bound struggler to 5 points clear at the top of the table two-thirds of the way through the season is unprecedented in modern EPL history dominated by the billionaire teams.

I'm glad rugby league is back - the English Super League started this week and the NRL pre season is ongoing in Auckland.
Last year's Grand Final was one of the best games of rugby I've ever watched.
Too bad Adelaide don't have a team!

I'm glad rugby league is back - the English Super League started this week and the NRL pre season is ongoing in Auckland.

Oh but it did.

The mighty Wams.

1382347618280.jpg

Despite his recent Greek adventure Ranieri has a pretty good CV, but even if the above occurs he'll be able to pick and choose plum managerial jobs à la Guus Hiddink for the rest of his life. Taking a relegation-bound struggler to 5 points clear at the top of the table two-thirds of the way through the season is unprecedented in modern EPL history dominated by the billionaire teams.
In his first season in charge of the club!
What is going on at Leicester really is completely unexpected and as you say has no precedent in modern English football history. The last time such a thing happened was probably when Brian Clough won the league with Nottm Forest in the late 70's in their first season in the top division (a little after having done the same with Derby County!).
If Ranieri does win the EPL it will actually be his very first league title as a manager (I'm not considering 2nd and 3rd division titles), which is amazing as he has been a manager for three decades and managed some big clubs such as Valencia, Atletico Madrid, Chelsea, Juventus, Roma and Inter Milan.

In his first season in charge of the club!
What is going on at Leicester really is completely unexpected and as you say has no precedent in modern English football history. The last time such a thing happened was probably when Brian Clough won the league with Nottm Forest in the late 70's in their first season in the top division (a little after having done the same with Derby County!).
If Ranieri does win the EPL it will actually be his very first league title as a manager (I'm not considering 2nd and 3rd division titles), which is amazing as he has been a manager for three decades and managed some big clubs such as Valencia, Atletico Madrid, Chelsea, Juventus, Roma and Inter Milan.
I would have liked your post except for the egregious reference to Brian Clough as I am a Leeds supporter.

The Rams were great because they weren't very good but they weren't total s**t either. They hit that mark of acceptable mediocrity that South Australians are so comfortable with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back