The Bathurst 12 Hour thread title has been changed

Remove this Banner Ad

What a legend!!! The guy can drive

logo.png

by the way. What an event!

DEVO Take this tag as an opportunity to contribute to this Fred before your favoured Nissan wins the race.

Apologies, I've been out all day with my 92yo Aunt and her 97yo husband and missed all but the last half an hour. Truly disappointed last years race was one of the best races I've seen and was really looking forward to this one.

Shame Van Giesbergen won, I'm not a huge fan but it was nice to see the GTR and Chiyo fight to the end. It's a very impressive effort for a one car team to finish first and second in successive Bathurst 12hrs, says a lot about the quality of the car.

Apologies, I've been out all day with my 92yo Aunt and her 97yo husband and missed all but the last half an hour. Truly disappointed last years race was one of the best races I've seen and was really looking forward to this one.

Shame Van Giesbergen won, I'm not a huge fan but it was nice to see the GTR and Chiyo fight to the end. It's a very impressive effort for a one car team to finish first and second in successive Bathurst 12hrs, says a lot about the quality of the car.
Hey everybody! By accident. DEVO has come up with a awesome piss take of van jizz's name!

Deserves a full house.
Hopefully they promote the poo out of t.
Maybe try to attract os racing fans.

I wish I could go.

See and hear so many different makes.
Big crowds are overrated (unless it's the cricket WC final). You want the most amount of people for atmosphere. But not so much where you won't be flogged for higher prices for going to the toilet, and also be able to move around easily.
Awesome race really enjoyed that. We have a new post record to beat next year!
Normally race threads start a week prior to it. I'll start it on a Sunday and rip into JUBJUB for pissing me off by starting another thread 20 mins afterwards.

This thread made a bigger comeback than Lazarus after an inauspicious beginning :thumbsu::rainbow:

The fiery opening between 2 titans of the board.
The Superbowl
The " Lawnmower incident "
Davey flippin the bird
Canberra Raiders
LMP's
#Blamecraillsy
Red Rooster combos
Gizzys mum
MKR
Retweets
Peter Griffen
George Takei
Numb asses

and finally JUBJUB gettin carded :D

imadodgyumpire :thumbsu::rainbow:

Last edited:
First of all. I told you so. The race had to start and we'd be fine.

Secondly. You forgot to mention #b12hr was the highest trending hash tag on BF for the day. Non racing fans still have nfi what it is.

Maybe next year, they'll cover the Saturday as well. It'd be good to have a chat about some of the supports.

Why did JUBJUB get done?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Regarding the mower crash

Word from Bathurst regarding the mower crash from Barney:

"I know it has been posted already, but this is a pic I took.

Have to say its one of the strangest crashes I have ever seen. Firstly I have never seen a lawn mower do about 80kmph, nor have I seen someone fly through the air like quite like this bloke.

I was one of the first on the scene and had the privilege of calling 000 and had to explain to the call centre that there had been a lawn mower crash at Mt Panorama. The woman asked what road it was on my only answer was Forrest Elbow. Didn't think she was believing what I was saying.

I was standing at the marshals post that Mostert took out at the 1000. Then i hear the toot toot of a horn, look up the hill to see the bloke honking the horn on a ride on mower. This guy was flying, I recon 70 - 80kph, the thing was buzzing so hard it sounded like a Clubman kart engine just about to 4 stroke. I said to my mates he will never make Forrest elbow at that speed. Sure enough, he turned in, I could hear the scraping sound of the mower rolling onto its cutter shroud, then bang straight into the tyre wall. I could see legs-arms-legs-arms as he flew through the air over the wall bouncing of the Bentley sign boards before wrapping himself around a letter box pole on the other side of the wall about 8 or so metres from the mower. If you look at the pic you can see a blue mark on the wall, that where he hit and the guy in the high vis is looking at him!

Anyway we shoved him in the Ambulance and I believe he is going to be ok. ******* strange thing to see"
image.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back