Bruce Francis has replied.

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think that would be a matter for the WADA code. Depending on what records were destroyed and the intent of the destruction, it could be a matter for the police or it could just be an issue for the AFL. No way you can get any kind of reasonable answer without a lot more information.
Indeed. I'm just interested to see how it relates to WADA as Ben McDevitt said new scn could be issued if found out records were destroyed (not sure if he was saying if it came to light before they were found guilty etc)

His rather hagiographical wikipedia page describes him as a 'hard hitting batsman'.

:$
Oh good lord, I thought he was in the side as a off spinner?
And a every man lawyer, wow just wow:eek:

Indeed. I'm just interested to see how it relates to WADA as Ben McDevitt said new scn could be issued if found out records were destroyed (not sure if he was saying if it came to light before they were found guilty etc)

Suspect if evidence was discovered of evidence being destroyed it would not be the players doing the destroying.

Could be additional charges against support persons if it was someone on the footy side, rather than management/admin side doing or ordering the destruction. However think it be more an issue for the AFL, Workcover, tax office and ASIC (if financial records such as invoices) rather than ASADA.

His rather hagiographical wikipedia page describes him as a 'hard hitting batsman'.

:$
His test career was useless.

Came off a handy 71/72 season as an opener for NSW and scored himself a place in the 72 England touring side.

Stacky was on fire as an opener at that stage and would have loved some solid support at the other end.

Instead, they offered him Francis. :(

They really should have stuck with Lawry for the 72 tour (and McKenzie) - they would have probably regained the Ashes if they did.

Could be aggravating circumstances, from the footnote

Examples of aggravating circumstances which may justify the imposition of a period of Ineligibility greater than the standard sanction are: the Player or other Person committed the Anti Doping Rule Violation as part of a doping plan or scheme, either individually or involving a conspiracy or common enterprise to commit Anti Doping Rule Violations; the Player or other Person Used or Possessed multiple Prohibited Substances or Prohibited Methods or Used or Possessed a Prohibited Substance or Prohibited Method on multiple occasions; a normal individual would be likely to enjoy the performance-enhancing effects of the Anti Doping Rule Violation(s) beyond the otherwise applicable period of Ineligibility; the Player or Person engaged in deceptive or obstructing conduct to avoid the detection or adjudication of an Anti Doping Rule Violation.

Club scheme, multiple substances, multiple occasions... Case to be mounted for four years...
Sounds good - Lets all push for this to be sent back to CAS for another hearing then!

Imagine the whinging and whining if this happened .... :D

Do you think the players and their legal experts would cotton on though, if we all jumped behind them on the "Appeal the CAS outcome" train?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds good - Lets all push for this to be sent back to CAS for another hearing then!

Imagine the whinging and whining if this happened .... :D

Do you think the players and their legal experts would cotton on though, if we all jumped behind them on the "Appeal the CAS outcome" train?
Really, from this point on, it doesn't really matter. Players will serve their penalties before the likely decision is known, if it actually gets heard.

No food would be served there... you'd be ordering off the full menu but the 'chef' knows nothing but the interim menu...

Also there would be no guarantee that what you ordered was put on your plate and was in fact confirmed to be what you ordered on your plate by the time it got to you.......er

"38 players admitted having Vitamin B & C drips 50"

Interesting that all 38 appeared to recall the same thing. Given they appeared to be all over the place on the others, it's almost like it was rehearsed perhaps?

What did the original interview notes say? Did they show them IV bags and ask which ones did they receive?
Typically 500-1000ml is preferred for anti-aging vitamin protocols. Which as we know is a banned method.

It's all very intriguing to me the more I see the more I move towards this was deliberate doping program by Dank rather than a stuff up with him thinking TB4 wasn't banned.

If it ever comes to light that Essendon destroyed the records they deserve to be suspended for a season or two or play for no points for a couple of seasons - the latter would be rather fitting as it would constantly remind everyone of just how shameful the behaviour of Essendon Football Club has been.

Do you think they didn't destroy the records?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back