Awesome movies thread III 🎥 🎦 📽

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched Kill Bill Vol.1 & Vol.2 the other night. Definitely Tarantino's worst films. Vol. 1 is sort of cool, but theres no ******* heart in these movies. Revenge is a single paced emotion and can't uphold an entire 5 hour multiple volume film. The action is cool and the homages to Bruce Lee kung fu and others is nice but the hyper violence is so over the top it becomes meaningless. The gore/traditional tarantino mass blood is fine, but the violence is extremely comic bookie, and not in a good way. The dialogue lacks tension or interest.

The films were 'good' but compared to the other QT ive seen... it doesnt stack up.

1. Pulp Fiction
2. Resevoir Dogs
3. Iglorious Basterds
4. Hateful Eight
5. Django Unchained
6. Kill Bill Vol. 1
7. Kill Bill Vol. 2

Bit off track and it may have been mentioned previously, a 2014 Aussie film called "The Little Death"

You may be able to watch it on you tube, comedy about the sex lives of 4-5 different couples, good movie, the last 15 or so minutes is brilliant.

South Paw - worth a look, boxing movie but very heavy emotionally.

Ash v Evil Dead
Its actually a series based on the original movie starring the original lead and again produced by the now famous Sam Raimi.
Fantastic

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Triple 9
Just went to a preview screening. Instant classic.
John Hillcoat crime thriller (think Heat x Training Day) with a fantastic ensemble cast. Gritty, bleak, violent, awesome.
9/10

MEB my sister and I have read ROOM so we are both looking forward to going and seeing it. I know it won't be as good as the book. I went and saw Hail Caesar over the week, meh it was ok, thought it got bogged down in the middle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finally went and saw Spotlight last night and loved it. Can see why it won the Oscar for best picture. Michael Keaton and Mark Ruffalo were fantastic. Highly recommend it. Off to see the Room next weekend with my sister.

Deadpool was fantastic.
Looking forward to Cloverfield Lane.
Watched an odd one last night called ravenous, with Guy Pearce. Starts a bit slow but ends up pretty good.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Unfortunately didn't get to see The Room tonight as it was outdoors and it has been raining on and off all day in Perth. So instead my sister and I went and saw The Daughter, and it was great. Bit slow to begin with but it built nicely towards the end which was dramatic.

Its really not that bad of a film.

Its busy, probably too busy, and elongated towards the end, but as a general package its not that bad. I think if you gave me the choice between that or the avengers, I'd choose batman v superman.

Of course there's things I would do differently if i was wriitng or directing, but I dont think it deserves anywhere near as much flack as its copped.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back