Stats & History SFA Season 21 Fixture, Ladder and Statistics Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Ha, three simmers. Clearly the S20 Simmers were superior.

We introduced a third back up simmer to cover the game/s played between the two simmers.

I was uneasy with that last season.

And for what it's worth, everybody, the only reason the simmers are hidden is because they choose to be. I'm all for known simmers, especially as with three there can't be any issues or suspicion of cheating but I'm also for the volunteers of this league maintaining their anonymity should they choose to. Might be worth keeping in mind Nakia, before you out some guys that just want to help the league without plaudits or unnecessary criticism.

We introduced a third back up simmer to cover the game/s played between the two simmers.

I was uneasy with that last season.

And for what it's worth, everybody, the only reason the simmers are hidden is because they choose to be. I'm all for known simmers, especially as with three there can't be any issues or suspicion of cheating but I'm also for the volunteers of this league maintaining their anonymity should they choose to. Might be worth keeping in mind Nakia, before you out some guys that just want to help the league without plaudits or unnecessary criticism.

The only people who are mad at you for speaking the truth are those who are living a lie.

I'll reiterate for the umpteenth time since Danoz is having trouble with simple comprehension, if there is nothing to hide there wouldn't be any secrets.

Secrecy only reinforces the point that something is being hidden.

The only people who are mad at you for speaking the truth are those who are living a lie.

I'll reiterate for the umpteenth time since Danoz is having trouble with simple comprehension, if there is nothing to hide there wouldn't be any secrets.

Got to agree with that.
Shocking I know

It doesn't really matter who the simmers are. They are doing their job and if they want kudos they are welcome to take it whenever they like. You though are welcome to do whatever you like, nobody in the simmers committee is overly concerned.

The last admin introduced the secret simmers, those that remained chose to continue that. It's their prerogative.

Not every secret is a a negative and not every secret needs to be known.

Got to agree with that.
Shocking I know

We wouldn't have had a secret simmer in the first place if your team hadn't cried foul so loudly. That's a fact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Regardless if they want to stay hidden the committee room should know who they are.
Actually I demand that the committee members are told who is simming the games.

We wouldn't have had a secret simmer in the first place if your team hadn't cried foul so loudly. That's a fact.

Rubbish.

Our team's issue was that a player participating in the Grand Final simmed the game. Simple as that.
To shroud the simming process in secrecy was a knee-jerk reaction from the previous administration.

It doesn't really matter who the simmers are. They are doing their job and if they want kudos they are welcome to take it whenever they like. You though are welcome to do whatever you like, nobody in the simmers committee is overly concerned.

The last admin introduced the secret simmers, those that remained chose to continue that. It's their prerogative.

Not every secret is a a negative and not every secret needs to be known.
My point stands and rightfully so. It's a blight on this league that there's the need for secrecy. It's also a blight those that give up there time can't do so without the anonymity, arousing suspicions further with their preference to hide.

No. It was a result of boncer sailing off into the sunset and thus admitting his guilt ... let's get that straight.

Simmers should never be permitted to sim their own team in the finals ... that's all that needed amending.

No secret simmers, no multiple simmers.

However unlikely this would be, I would like to see the simmer not be a member of a team. No team bias, no wanting "their" team to win as they don't have one.

It'd be tough as you wouldn't have game or team threads to post in (70% of the leagues activity is) but if someone was willing to do that, I would get behind them

Rubbish.

Our team's issue was that a player participating in the Grand Final simmed the game. Simple as that.
To shroud the simming process in secrecy was a knee-jerk reaction from the previous administration.

The previous admin saw the criticism and decided to shield the next simmer from the public eye. And then implemented two simmers making it moot.

Regardless of that, we have some simmers that would prefer to work in the shadows. They are volunteers and I'll be loathe to reveal their identities without their permission. They have my permission to say who they are whenever they like because while I don't think we need secret simmers I do think we need our simmers to operate at their comfort level. There are no dramas with the sims, the simmers are fairly sharing the load and not taking their own games under any circumstance. There is absolutely no other need to know the simmers that to alleviate the fear of not knowing.

So bottom line, until they choose to reveal themselves they stay secret. Unless those desperate for the 'truth' want to also provide me some public volunteer simmers.

So bottom line, until they choose to reveal themselves they stay secret. Unless those desperate for the 'truth' want to also provide me some public volunteer simmers.
The bottom line is they have until round 5.

The bottom line is they, and I, don't care.

Do it now.
Haha. You've just spent the last hour telling us they care.

One outed themselves today without even knowing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back