Do we have a game plan? Jury out!

douglyzia

Premiership Player
Sep 24, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
At this time last year, Phil Walsh seemed pretty specific about the way he wanted us to play and it actually made me excited to see what he had in mind.

This year, it seems every time a player is asked during an interview what our game style under Pyke will be like this year, it's always, "Awww, hard to say ... too early to tell ... won't be changing too much ... "

NAB Cup is like two weeks away. I hope I'm wrong, but it seems pretty concerning.

Loose lips etc.

TALIA%20Michael.png

betterthanu

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 29, 2006
ADL
AFL Club
Adelaide
Reading between the lines from interviews, attack will have similar structures but more power given to the players on how they more the ball. The defensive structures and team defence has become much more complex this year going off comments from Lever. You would assume it would be replicating the "weagles web".

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Reading between the lines from interviews, attack will have similar structures but more power given to the players on how they more the ball. The defensive structures and team defence has become much more complex this year going off comments from Lever. You would assume it would be replicating the "weagles web".
No its the Crows web or Crows net, or MOC-D (Murder of Crows defence) :D
And Yes I agree

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Perhaps we don't.

Certainly going to be tough for other teams to work us out.

Seems strange that we'd have lockout sessions though...? I guess we're trying to keep our tactic of random, freelance play under wraps.

so, just so I'm reading this right, we haven't seen us play at all yet this season, and the game plan is being questioned..

right.......

Jarman3

Premiership Player
Oct 22, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
At this time last year, Phil Walsh seemed pretty specific about the way he wanted us to play and it actually made me excited to see what he had in mind.

My recollection must be different from yours, because all I can really recall Phil saying about the new Crows gameplan last preseason was something along the lines of "you'll know it when you see it".

Iron

Norm Smith Medallist
May 26, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Perhaps we don't.

Certainly going to be tough for other teams to work us out.

Seems strange that we'd have lockout sessions though...? I guess we're trying to keep our tactic of random, freelance play under wraps.
If we do not know what we are doing, how will they? Brilliant.

If we have the ball and they don't then we're in control then we put it through the hey diddle diddle and they're the piggy in the middle
If we have it, keep the ball. If no-one has it, get the ball. If they have it, get it from them.

Kick goals.

Back