Strategy Listed Players (The players formerly known as Top Ups)

Remove this Banner Ad

Since we have until march 15 and with rumours of Stanton and Watson taking out injunctions there may not be anymore signings for a while.

Dons look at former Brisbane ruck
Former Brisbane Lions big man Sam Michael has reportedly been training at the Bombers for the last week and is set to continue training over the next few weeks, as the Bombers decide on their final two top-up spots for the season ahead.

During the weekend, Essendon signed former Hawk Sam Grimley as the club's eighth top-up signing in the wake of the CAS hearing last month.

22 year old, Michael spent just the two years on the Brisbane Lions list before he was delisted at the end of the 2014 season.

Michael has already played a part in the supplements saga as he was a top-up player for the Bombers during last year's NAB Challenge when Essendon senior listed players were under provisional suspension.

Michael stands at 199cm and 98kg and would be a good addition with injury-prone recruit Matthew Leuenberger struggling to overcome an achilles injury.

http://www.fansunite.com.au/2016/02/08/27613/dons-look-at-former-brisbane-ruck

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Skills this time of year, even in the Nab games, are generally pretty poor compared to H&A season.

Let's be honest, this is not exactly an AFL standard team we are talking about either... Makes a difference when 12 of your best players are on the track

Going to be a lot this during games

picard.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I already have two forearms so I'm with boncer34 and mightydons4.

I wasn't disagreeing :)

Just meant that instead of a surprise-WADA-appeal-season-goes-over-the-cliff disaster, we're prepared for a potentially winless season and have zero expectations, which clears us to focus on enjoying the little things - when one of the kids does something amazing, we have a good quarter, or they show a bit of promise for the future as someone was saying (a Richmond supporter, I think).

I wasn't disagreeing :)

Just meant that instead of a surprise-WADA-appeal-season-goes-over-the-cliff disaster, we're prepared for a potentially winless season and have zero expectations, which clears us to focus on enjoying the little things - when one of the kids does something amazing, we have a good quarter, or they show a bit of promise for the future as someone was saying (a Richmond supporter, I think).
They reckon pessimists are generally the most happy because their expectations are constantly exceeded. Personally I prefer realism which I think leaves us with a pretty average season ahead of us and hopefully some good development. I personally think they have been close to spot on with the top ups they've signed. I'm hopeful it provides enough of a framework for the kids to shine.

They reckon pessimists are generally the most happy because their expectations are constantly exceeded. Personally I prefer realism which I think leaves us with a pretty average season ahead of us and hopefully some good development. I personally think they have been close to spot on with the top ups they've signed. I'm hopeful it provides enough of a framework for the kids to shine.

I'm expecting a few wins this season. But if you start out with zero expectations its probably healthier than constant disappointment, especially if you're already taking the CAS decision badly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back