Training 2015/16 preseason training (discussion)

ritz

Team Captain
Apr 25, 2011
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm chilling out down at training. You may get a few posters saying not the best skills etc but for such a bloody hot day the boys are putt8ng it in, in match sims and have put great defensive efforts in.

Muzz and Walters have been supurb. Blakely has to be starting 22 at this point in time.

Cheers for the update JMT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

freoextra

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
I'm chilling out down at training. You may get a few posters saying not the best skills etc but for such a bloody hot day the boys are putt8ng it in, in match sims and have put great defensive efforts in.

Muzz and Walters have been supurb. Blakely has to be starting 22 at this point in time.

Cheers for your early report, due to you not mentioning Bennell, I guess we can assume that he is not with the main group today?

Ragtooth

All Australian
May 22, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle

Skills looks pretty good from this short video. Maybe we have higher standards now? Is it mostly starting 22 with the errors?

Code:
https://twitter.com/miller_dj/status/696518962759098368

jedi mind tricks

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Dream State
AFL Club
Fremantle
Skills looks pretty good from this short video. Maybe we have higher standards now? Is it mostly starting 22 with the errors?

Code:

Just a few old blokes I walked past complaining about it. Plus I often read training reports saying that the kicking isn't of a high standard.

Most guys kicked well despite a few up and unders and a few into the mark. Defensive pressure was really good though.

Fred Ziffel

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2011
Cockburn W.A
AFL Club
Fremantle
Just a few old blokes I walked past complaining about it. Plus I often read training reports saying that the kicking isn't of a high standard.

Most guys kicked well despite a few up and unders and a few into the mark. Defensive pressure was really good though.

I thought the kicking was good today.

jedi mind tricks

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Dream State
AFL Club
Fremantle

Code:

Mate that's just a brief warm up. During the full match sims with pressure it's very different.

Wish they had put up some of that for the public to view.

E Shed

Fremantle Obsessive
Sep 10, 2006
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Harley drove out of the ground at about 9.20.
Apparently the rehab group went to another ground to train.
makes sense. would have been way too hot to wait till after training.
I just came from Freo Oval. Amazed they stuck at it for as long as they did. I was hyperventilating just watching.
lots of match sims as usual. skills were pretty decent overall.
Everyone is training well, its hard to pick out anyone today but some things I noticed.

Walters training the house down as usual.
Silvagni continues to impress standing Pav in sims.
Dawson just quietly goes about it.
Uber and Collins definitely in the mix already.
Smith still with the forwards.
Clancee had a lot of it today, some of his kicking was great but he continues to be vulnerable to the smother when he takes too long to get the ball on the boot and his eyes go down.
Deluca does some really nice things including marking a strong contested ball but his kicking action is horrendous.
Tucker is very impressive. I see him getting game time this year. He's so organised and tidy and just gets it done when its his turn.
Blakely continues to shine, in everything and looking right at home.
Weller also continues to be prominent and shows an aptitude for getting on the end of it in the forward half. Kicked a very nice set shot in a sim.
Mayne typically busy and energetic.
All the guys you expect to just keep doing what they do, Hill, Sandi, Mundy, Neale, Ibbo, Suban, Sherro, DeBoer, Gu, Spurr, Sutty (excellent kicking today).
Hughes just catches my eyes every time. Really think he might be something.
Crozier had some nice involvements today.
Fyfe did a couple of things that reminded me why he has a Brownlow medal.
Nyhuis could step straight in as a tidy defender.

Pressure going up all the time. The excitement is getting palpable as we get closer to actual competitive footy.

Kenny_01

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2002
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I just came from Freo Oval. Amazed they stuck at it for as long as they did. I was hyperventilating just watching.
Everyone is training well, its hard to pick out anyone today but some things I noticed.

Clancee had a lot of it today, some of his kicking was great but he continues to be vulnerable to the smother when he takes too long to get the ball on the boot and his eyes go down.
Deluca does some really nice things including marking a strong contested ball but his kicking action is horrendous.
Tucker is very impressive. I see him getting game time this year. He's so organised and tidy and just gets it done when its his turn.
Weller also continues to be prominent and shows an aptitude for getting on the end of it in the forward half. Kicked a very nice set shot in a sim.
All the guys you expect to just keep doing what they do, Hill, Sandi, Mundy, Neale, Ibbo, Suban, Sherro, DeBoer, Gu, Spurr, Sutty (excellent kicking today).

Pressure going up all the time. The excitement is getting palpable as we get closer to actual competitive footy.

Sounds like everyone is training well. We may as well start focusing on who isn't training well. Getting excited for the season.

Ragtooth

All Australian
May 22, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle

DannyTheDoorman

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Hajduk Split

In regards Deluca and his kicking action. Does his action result in him not getting his foot to the ball and does he hit targets if so then why worry about what his hands are doing.
I thought Clarke was outstanding today he ran well and kicked well and ran to cover space after he had kicked the ball.

E Shed

Fremantle Obsessive
Sep 10, 2006
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
In regards Deluca and his kicking action. Does his action result in him not getting his foot to the ball and does he hit targets if so then why worry about what his hands are doing.
I thought Clarke was outstanding today he ran well and kicked well and ran to cover space after he had kicked the ball.
You're right, I forgot about Clarke, he was indeed impressive.
I haven't seen enough of Deluca to really give an opinion on whether his kicking is generally good or bad. The one I saw from up close today (after he took a great mark) was very high and loopy and not what you'd hope to see from an AFL player.
Maybe he's a gun kick. I'd consider it unlikely with that action but happy to be wrong.

Back