QAFA (A) 2016 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Big Blocker, The Karmaking and Junior should all get a room together, Its almost like the old days of the Boys from Buff Land blowing their own trumpet every week.

Not sure who you think I am What's Going On, but never been involved with Buffs mate and have only been given an insight to how we are travelling.

Happy for you to talk about your club mate and only responding to previous posts.

Come out from under your shell and let us know what and where you are from, otherwise pull your head in.

Not sure who you think I am What's Going On, but never been involved with Buffs mate and have only been given an insight to how we are travelling.

Happy for you to talk about your club mate and only responding to previous posts.

Come out from under your shell and let us know what and where you are from, otherwise pull your head in.

Blocker before I belittle you here In front of the adoring Pirate faithful, please tell me where in the post did I say you were from the Buffs? You wouldnt last 5 minutes at Dauth Park the way you yell and carry on, someone would either put you on your backside or you would be told to get on your bike. For those that have been around for longer than big Blocker and his Pirate faithful I was referring to the times when this forum was full of blokes that played for the Buffs, they would wrap themselves up the way that Big Blocker, The Karmaking and Junior are blowing wind up the Pitates at present.

Last edited:
Blocker before I belittle you here I front of the adoring Pirate faithful, please tell me where in the post did I say you were from the Buffs? You wouldnt last 5 minutes at Dauth Park the way you yell and carry on, someone would either put you on your backside or you would be told to get on your bike. For those that have been around for longer than big Blocker and his Pirate faithful I was referring to the times when this forum was full of blokes that played the for the Buffs, they would wrap themselves up the way that Big Blocker, The Karmaking and Junior are blowing wind up the Pitates at present.

Yeah that sounds like the buffs of old, but hey we could also back that up on the field!

Yeah that sounds like the buffs of old, but hey we could also back that up on the field!

Sure could Buzz, some of the best park footballers on their day I have ever seen came out of Dauth Park. Only time will tell with the Pirate faithful, there is currently plenty of show just hope they have plenty of go.

Blocker before I belittle you here In front of the adoring Pirate faithful, please tell me where in the post did I say you were from the Buffs? You wouldnt last 5 minutes at Dauth Park the way you yell and carry on, someone would either put you on your backside or you would be told to get on your bike. For those that have been around for longer than big Blocker and his Pirate faithful I was referring to the times when this forum was full of blokes that played for the Buffs, they would wrap themselves up the way that Big Blocker, The Karmaking and Junior are blowing wind up the Pitates at present.

So you are from the Buffs but you are dirty that blokes from your club used to talk about themselves and the club? Not sure if I can work that one out mate?

Not sure I have been blowing smoke up our arse more trying to keep a lid on everyone else pumping up our tyres.

Not sure you know me that well if you think you have been around QLD footy longer than me either what's going. Maybe you should do your homework first before you go onto a forum trying belittle me as you put it.

Happy to meet anytime for a chat mate on your views in regards to my passion for my club. Rest assured I will be doing my homework to find out you are.

Been a fair bit of hype out your way blocker, which there is nothing wrong with, you guys just need to put it on the park now. Pretty sure that's what karma was eluding to.
But you can't have it both ways-- what happened 2 years ago is irrelevant now. Anyhow, good luck for the season, I hope you guys can convert pre-season excitement into a finals campaign.

Spot on Twinkles. That's all it is mate hype until we actually do something.

Totally understand we can't keep talking up playing finals, it is definitely time for us to deliver.

Probably a bit sick of everyone feeling sorry for us being competitive, because we have a good bunch of blokes. Would rather be known as tough non compromising side that plays to win at all costs.

Morro are you eluding to a step into the green brigade ranks?? That Id like to see!! As I've always said, I get along fine with those who know the rules and can make reasonable interpretations... As a student of the rules and game, I can get into debate mode at times when those who know less than me put an argument forward...

Thanks Blocker, I surprised myself, almost youthful exuberance there! Maybe it was just first night back excitement!! ;)

Haha I was just fishing for a bite brother.

Me umpiring would be more comical than me playing, I should just for the shits and giggles but would get caught ball watching too much I reckon.

Spot on Twinkles. That's all it is mate hype until we actually do something.

Totally understand we can't keep talking up playing finals, it is definitely time for us to deliver.

Probably a bit sick of everyone feeling sorry for us being competitive, because we have a good bunch of blokes. Would rather be known as tough non compromising side that plays to win at all costs.

That will happen this year.

Pirates and Suns GF, book mark it. You heard it here first. ;)

Whats Going Ofootballpost: 42896298 said:
Played a fair bit of football with blocker so thought I would respond to your comments.....whatd going on..
firstly watched alot of tough footballers from morningside...southport etc try to put blocker in his ass and came off second best....
you don't win two qafl premierships and be club best and fairest the same year without a bit of talent...
for what he has done at the pirates is unbelievable. ...if he walked in to the buffs or any other club and said he was here to help the Y would welcome him with open arms.....not "send him on his bike"....
As for plowing smoke up each others arse...I have not read in any posts of blocker or np blowing smoke....all they have said was pirates were happy with our recruiting. ...
and please take up blockers offer to catchup.....would pay money to be there....

Played a fair bit of football with blocker so thought I would respond to your comments.....whatd going on..
firstly watched alot of tough footballers from morningside...southport etc try to put blocker in his ass and came off second best....
you don't win two qafl premierships and be club best and fairest the same year without a bit of talent...
for what he has done at the pirates is unbelievable. ...if he walked in to the buffs or any other club and said he was here to help the Y would welcome him with open arms.....not "send him on his bike"....
As for plowing smoke up each others arse...I have not read in any posts of blocker or np blowing smoke....all they have said was pirates were happy with our recruiting. ...
and please take up blockers offer to catchup.....would pay money to be there....

Pirate you might be the brains amongst the Pirate faithful? Have a look through the posts and explain to me, the fellow posters and mainly to The Block where I stated that he was from Beenleigh? That's what started all this animosity, he has come out all guns blazing because he didn't read or better still understand the post. I posted about all the love from himself, Junior and the Karmaking towards the Pirates, like the Buffs of old used to do. Maybe the Pirate Hierarchy should revoke the Blocks big Footy privileges until he can understand what was written? I watched 3 or 4 Pirate games last year and even posted on this forum after one of them stating that Big Blocker would lose the Pirates a game through his loud mouth and constant sledging of the umpires and opposition.

Pirate you might be the brains amongst the Pirate faithful? Have a look through the posts and explain to me, the fellow posters and mainly to The Block where I stated that he was from Beenleigh? That's what started all this animosity, he has come out all guns blazing because he didn't read or better still understand the post. I posted about all the love from himself, Junior and the Karmaking towards the Pirates, like the Buffs of old used to do. Maybe the Pirate Hierarchy should revoke the Blocks big Footy privileges until he can understand what was written? I watched 3 or 4 Pirate games last year and even posted on this forum after one of them stating that Big Blocker would lose the Pirates a game through his loud mouth and constant sledging of the umpires and opposition.
Reading your text I think It can be taken both ways....I can see what your saying but I can also see how blocker saw it...
when it comes to blockers love of the umpires ...he has stated previously his passion can run over at times....but I think your being a big harsh because he did mellow alot through the year....
your comment about him abusing opposition players is way off the mark....in fact many times it has been good fun banter between both blocker and the player....
and honestly to say pull him from the forum. ...for what...
his texts have always been about comp set up or direction of the comp, whats happening at the pirates and last year always congratulating the teams win loose or draw......
Obviously your not a fan of blockers thats fine...but I can tell you everyone at pirate land and around the footy circle are and write what you want you wont "belittle him"....

Reading your text I think It can be taken both ways....I can see what your saying but I can also see how blocker saw it...
when it comes to blockers love of the umpires ...he has stated previously his passion can run over at times....but I think your being a big harsh because he did mellow alot through the year....
your comment about him abusing opposition players is way off the mark....in fact many times it has been good fun banter between both blocker and the player....
and honestly to say pull him from the forum. ...for what...
his texts have always been about comp set up or direction of the comp, whats happening at the pirates and last year always congratulating the teams win loose or draw......
Obviously your not a fan of blockers thats fine...but I can tell you everyone at pirate land and around the footy circle are and write what you want you wont "belittle him"....
I think the correct term if passion for your club and after all the hard work that has gone into the Pirates over the past couple of years who could begrudge them. Good luck for the year ahead, I think the Pirates will be like the Suns in 2015 with their very best footy at the back end when they have all gelled.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi guys been a long time reader but my first post. No secret from the user name who I'm involved with. Only met Blocker on a couple of occassions but it is no secret that his commitment and passion are the main reason why the Pirates are going from strength to strength. Good luck to you guys this year as I've got a lot of time for the ex Puma boys that have moved across as well.

That will happen this year.

Pirates and Suns GF, book mark it. You heard it here first. ;)
Seriously Morro, do you think players would take you seriously if you became an umpire?
Pirates V Victoria Point GF

Hi guys been a long time reader but my first post. No secret from the user name who I'm involved with. Only met Blocker on a couple of occassions but it is no secret that his commitment and passion are the main reason why the Pirates are going from strength to strength. Good luck to you guys this year as I've got a lot of time for the ex Puma boys that have moved across as well.

Cheers for the kinds words Puma. How's things shaping down at Springwood under the new coach.

Heard Hooper has signed but you might have lost a few? Might be a pretty even Comp this year as a few of the others appear to have recruited all right.

Went seen Coolangatta beat Carrara by 150 odd last night.
Hi KP
Didn't realise you were their last night I would have bought you a beer
Just want to make a few observations based on what I saw last night( and please note these are personal opinions and they do not reflect the views of anyone at Cararra football club as I am not officially involved with the club in any way ) I saw two teams last night one team well drilled looking fit and hungry and ready to play
The other team I saw was a team who while trying hard was outclassed in many aspects of the game. The frustrating thing is that good players move on to higher divisions and in this case it had happened to Cararra this year
Any team who loses one or 2 key players feel the pain but in cararras case they Have lost players to Labrador Broadbeach Palm Beach and Coolangatta add this to players leaving due to study requirements or retirement it leaves a hole in your playing group
The hardest thing to do is recruit players from higher divisions ( as much as everyone denies it it takes money and that's one thing Cararra don't do is pay money) The club will rebuild and yes they have strong juniors coming through but the problem is they get to senior level and go elsewhere case in point 2015B&f ( Labrador) 2014b&f (Broadbeach)2013b&F and league best and fairest as well)(Broadbeach) And the list goes on
It only first game of year not all gloom and doom but essentially a bunch of kids playing men and that is the part that makes it difficult in Div 3

Hi KP
Didn't realise you were their last night I would have bought you a beer
Just want to make a few observations based on what I saw last night( and please note these are personal opinions and they do not reflect the views of anyone at Cararra football club as I am not officially involved with the club in any way ) I saw two teams last night one team well drilled looking fit and hungry and ready to play
The other team I saw was a team who while trying hard was outclassed in many aspects of the game. The frustrating thing is that good players move on to higher divisions and in this case it had happened to Cararra this year
Any team who loses one or 2 key players feel the pain but in cararras case they Have lost players to Labrador Broadbeach Palm Beach and Coolangatta add this to players leaving due to study requirements or retirement it leaves a hole in your playing group
The hardest thing to do is recruit players from higher divisions ( as much as everyone denies it it takes money and that's one thing Cararra don't do is pay money) The club will rebuild and yes they have strong juniors coming through but the problem is they get to senior level and go elsewhere case in point 2015B&f ( Labrador) 2014b&f (Broadbeach)2013b&F and league best and fairest as well)(Broadbeach) And the list goes on
It only first game of year not all gloom and doom but essentially a bunch of kids playing men and that is the part that makes it difficult in Div 3

I think you are spot on with your observations FatBoy. Carrara were super last year because that had a nice blend of youth and senior experience. But lose one or two of your better and more senior players it hurts your whole structure.

Although we have recruited a lot of senior players from other clubs, we still lose our good youth to the QAFL Clubs or Div 1 clubs which hurts us at youth level trying to feed into our seniors.

Not sure there is an easy receipe apart from success and hard work to keep all your players either youth or seniors.

I saw the game last night and from last year Carrara have lost a hell of a lot more than 1 or 2 players... They have lost at least 12 of the best 15 players from last year. Really going to struggle I think personally... Which is a shame!

I
I think you are spot on with your observations FatBoy. Carrara were super last year because that had a nice blend of youth and senior experience. But lose one or two of your better and more senior players it hurts your whole structure.

Although we have recruited a lot of senior players from other clubs, we still lose our good youth to the QAFL Clubs or Div 1 clubs which hurts us at youth level trying to feed into our seniors.

Not sure there is an easy receipe apart from success and hard work to keep all your players either youth or seniors.
if they are losing players so easily then they need incentives to keep these good players...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back