14. Liam Duggan (2015 - )

Remove this Banner Ad

Bugger me he reminds me of a tougher Dal Santo.
Doesn't have that smooth movement or grace that Dal Santo does when he glides across the field, but some of those handballs and kicks were beautiful to watch.

This week I'm going to sum up Liam's game in one picture.

1gplk.png

Thanks to lmach.

Reckon he'll be a gun, reminds me of Dal but with a bit better acceleration,not sure if he has the agility/sidestep of Dal though. Was hoping we'd get him last year but we got Hugh instead. How's he tracking for anyone who might know?

Reckon he'll be a gun, reminds me of Dal but with a bit better acceleration,not sure if he has the agility/sidestep of Dal though. Was hoping we'd get him last year but we got Hugh instead. How's he tracking for anyone who might know?

In terms of his injury I don't think any information has been made public, so we don't know but fingers crossed he's recovering fine.

With regards to his season, I think he universally exceeded expectations in 2015 - so he's done very well.

Personally I didn't realise he'd be a bit of a tough bastard that probably shocked me the most.

Few compare him to dal santo but i rekon theres a bit of sam mitchell. except duggan's got some speed. I rekon he will be best 22 next season but not sure where he will play with the inclusion of redden and jetta. I would assume he would be playing a bit of high half forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still think he looks best coming off the half back line for the moment. He's a great rebounding defender and I think our transition forward looks so much more solid with him coming straight up the centre corridor to receive (run and carry when the opportunity is there) and deliver inside 50. I am pretty sure the long term intention is that he also plays inside, as having an outlet for our extractors with that much class and poise will make our centre clearances unbelievably effective. But first he needs to also be able prove he can win his own ball - suspect he will get more opportunity to do that this year. Once everything comes together with Duggan I think our midfield instantly goes up a notch.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/af...w/news-story/91447a20f09dcc420c0ed475774d96b4

LIAM Duggan prefers to take heart from the 12 matches he managed in his debut season, rather than dwell on the big one he missed.

On the first Saturday in October he was sitting in the MCG stands, as helpless as any other Eagles fan at the ground as West Coast was crushed in the Grand Final.

“It was a bit of a weird feeling. The boys that weren’t playing, we got to go down to the rooms and wished the boys good luck on their way out,’’ he said.

“Obviously every boy in the stands wanted to be out there playing, but it wasn’t the case for us."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back