Prediction Who Replaces Stew ?

Remove this Banner Ad

We are not going to simply just replace Crameri, and I think bevo is very much back 6 mid 6 and forward 6 who they are dosent matter.

Though I think with libba back, that means guys like Wallis Dahl bonti Stevens macrae hunter ect will get more time playing forward, also the 2nd year players Dale Webb McLean Daniel will all get more time without the sub rule.

Also with suckling in the side, and the look that the last kick into our F50 will be someone with high kicking efficiency helping guys like Boyd, marks inside F50 will help us kicking those easy goals
I was waiting for the "Sinead O'Connor" answer (Nothing compares, nothing
compares 2Stew) and i think you are spot on and i agree that the options
this presents are interesting. I think the forward six was pretty much locked
in, this presents questions in terms of playing style and ball movement and
the effect on the other major goal kickers in the team.

Question- I noticed in the op, two of your options were given
as Easton Wood and Robert Murphy do you not think that
weakens our back six remembering of course that we are
talking about all Australian defenders here ?

Answer- Great question, i like the cut of your jib. The old if
it is not broke don't need to fix it approach. I guess in the
modern game you never want to sit on your hands and it
helps to avoid predictability and disrupts other teams ability
to plan on a week to week basis or even adapt or shut down
during a game. I salivate at the prospect of Robert Murphy
playing between the arcs and his laser like kicks bruising
the nipples of Boyd, Stringer and Dickson the deep forwards.
Easton Woods marking has always excited me, his attacking
potential is unknown. The other major bonus is you might
discover a new gem down back the next all Australian, plus
i think Bevo really digs versatility in his players.

Note- Talking to yourself is not healthy.;)

I'll bite and say that I'd be more inclined to push Murph forward than Woody. Quite simply because Wood protects our defensive 50 like no one else has in quite some time. Our young inexperienced key defenders heavily rely on Woody to protect them.

Please everyone rewatch the second st kilda game of the season which we won purely through the greatest defensive effort from an individual player that I've ever seen in the red white and blue.

Without wood we lose that game by 6 goals.

I'll bite and say that I'd be more inclined to push Murph forward than Woody. Quite simply because Wood protects our defensive 50 like no one else has in quite some time. Our young inexperienced key defenders heavily rely on Woody to protect them.

Please everyone rewatch the second st kilda game of the season which we won purely through the greatest defensive effort from an individual player that I've ever seen in the red white and blue.

Without wood we lose that game by 6 goals.
Great point Dogsman16, Easton Wood was awesome in a lot of games, but
do you think Marcus Adams may be able to assume that role and make it
more of a CHB or central role if you like. (Tom McDonald or Alex Rance type)

Great point Dogsman16, Easton Wood was awesome in a lot of games, but
do you think Marcus Adams may be able to assume that role and make it
more of a CHB or central role if you like. (Tom McDonald or Alex Rance type)

I think we should be adding another intercept type. Sure I'd love one of our key defenders to do it and if they can do it with Wood the more the better.

But for me I wouldn't entertain moving Woody forward, even for little stints unless we need a quick goal with a minute to go and we want a marking option. Hopefully I wouldn't mind that being trialled at training to see if it ever worked.

But murph for me is the one who could play as a high half forward lead up type and deliver it in perfectly to our athletic forward line. I think someone like Biggs/Adcock/Suckling could do a reasonable job covering him and we still have Wood, JJ and Boyd (so plenty of quality) to cover for Murph as well.

If our forward setup isn't working (and it may because hypothetically lets say we play Boyd/Redpath/Stringer - none of whom are elite work rate guys up the ground) then I'd push Murph forward and swap him with Suckling (who we presume will play half forward/wing so a direct swap is a good idea).

I think we have the best small/medium defensive batch in the game and even without Murph there as such all the time its still damn good with Wood, Boyd, JJ and suckling on occasion.

Our defensive improvement should come from our spine, ditto our forward line.

To answer your question though yes I hope we can use Adams as that 2nd tall defender who peels off and plays a similar style to Wood and can cover plenty of space in the zone. I can also understand the suggestion of Wood forward because yes we certainly need to take more inside 50 marks.

The more inside 50 marks the less time you spend chasing tail in the forward 50 trying to lock it down there. But Boyd/Redpath/Stringer need to be the answer not Woody as such.

Answering yourself is even less so!

Answering yourself is even less so!
I agree pabart, but after all the Jed Adcock penis humour on page one i was
trying to steer the ship back to a football conversation that truly highlighted
the importance of Stewart Crameri to the team in recent years. Saying that
some of the humour on page one was first class no gold class, Iremarc etc.

Apparently both Adams and Collins are great interceptors. Adams, Collins and Wood would be grabbing everything that comes past!
Collins very much according to the draft watchers, went from a stopper to an intercepting marking FB during his draft year. The coaches raved about his ability to do it

It's great to see people grasp the concept that perhaps a slight
alteration to our back six may provide the answer to the ultimate
question, who relaces Stew. Thank you for all the feedback.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you will see libba in there a lot at the beginning just for the club to manage him. During the NAB I think they will try big red and toyd to see if it's viable

Please leave Murphy behind the centre line. His run, vision, poise and willingness to take risks is what got us where we were last year. If it ain't broke don't fix it. i can't see the point is trying to plug the Crameri hole with someone who had value elsewhere last year. Adcock would be the easy answer but I'm a bit concerned at his tank and ability to match the running of Crameri. He does have the footy smarts though to play forward or roam down back when needed. Given Crameri played quite high a lot I'd lamost give Roughy a shot playing high, leaving Boyd and Redpath deeper. I can still see Boyd in and out this year (always though 3 years for him to mature) which would leave Redpath with Maybe Adams. It's awesome having a list that has around 34 players trying to fill 22 spots. I'm sure there will be revolving doors during the year as it will come down to match ups each week.

Has the footy started yet?

Please leave Murphy behind the centre line. His run, vision, poise and willingness to take risks is what got us where we were last year. If it ain't broke don't fix it. i can't see the point is trying to plug the Crameri hole with someone who had value elsewhere last year. Adcock would be the easy answer but I'm a bit concerned at his tank and ability to match the running of Crameri. He does have the footy smarts though to play forward or roam down back when needed. Given Crameri played quite high a lot I'd lamost give Roughy a shot playing high, leaving Boyd and Redpath deeper. I can still see Boyd in and out this year (always though 3 years for him to mature) which would leave Redpath with Maybe Adams. It's awesome having a list that has around 34 players trying to fill 22 spots. I'm sure there will be revolving doors during the year as it will come down to match ups each week.

Has the footy started yet?
If Adcock is a regular in the team, i think we'll be going backwards this year

If Adcock is a regular in the team, i think we'll be going backwards this year

I don't agree. He's an upgrade on the likes of Jarrad Grant and others who got regular games last season. He is barely best 22 but we played a lot of worse players last year. Would like to see the likes of Bailey Dale and Lukas Webb surpass him but he still has the edge on them for now.

I don't agree. He's an upgrade on the likes of Jarrad Grant and others who got regular games last season. He is barely best 22 but we played a lot of worse players last year. Would like to see the likes of Bailey Dale and Lukas Webb surpass him but he still has the edge on them for now.
He was picked up as a rookie right? So the club didn't think he was worth a spot on the main list 3 months ago and now we are saying he is best 22? It just feels like he's a backwards step
And to be honest, i don't know if he is an upgrade on Grant (but i am biased towards Spindles).

I think Suckling is the guy who is an upgrade on Grant, can see him playing the attacking outside mid role that Grant was playing.
Bonus is he can play that high-forward role as well, rotating with Dickson and the resting mids.

Did you actually watch it? Dahlhaus really kicked the goal. Easton wood just literally put his foot on it as it went over the line to ensure it went through. Technically he kicked the goal but it would have been a goal to dahlhaus either way.
Yes I did actually watch it, thanks. There might have been a query on whether it was touched off Dahl's boot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back