Unpopular Basketball Opinions

Remove this Banner Ad

Bulls v Warriors is interesting but it's so hard to compare considering how different it was back in 96 to now. The rules are different, games are much lighter now. In todays game, imagine how many times Jordan would get to the foul line. He'd score 30 a night just from free throws.

The toughness of the Bulls too would sideswipe Golden State. They wouldnt be ready for the kind of brutality the Bulls would bring. They would hit Curry, Barnes, Klay etc and I can see it having an effect. Players might go into their shells a bit, particularly guys on the periphery like Barnes.

The Bulls were incredibly long. Harper was our PG and was 6'6. Jordan was 6'6 and Pippen 6'9. Those three would rotate on Steph and Klay and give them fits trying to shoot over them. I think Rodman also take Draymond Green right out of the equation and the Bulls would dominate the rebounds which goes a long way to winning games.

The Bulls are perfectly set up to counter the small ball too going with a lineup of Harper, Jordan, Pippen, Kukoc and Rodman. Or Kerr for Harper to stretch defenses.

Phil Jackson is also the coach, he's the greatest coach of all time. Kerr coached against himself would be interesting. He knows he wouldnt wanna leave himself open haha.

I think the Warriors have a better bench but in a 7 game series, the starters just play way more minutes and Jordan and Pippen etc would play big minutes to make sure they get the job done. You would really only go 8 deep in a 7 game playoff series so the three off the bench would be Kerr, Kukoc and probably Randy Brown. The Bulls had a lot of wily vets who can come on and foul and do all the grunt work like Wennington, Salley, Edwards and they had real hustle guys like Caffey, Simpkins and Buechler.

Hustle guys are underrated, particularly in the playoffs where every possession counts.

I think in time people may have forgotten just how good Jordan was. Haha. Im picking the Bulls in 6.

The problem is maybe right now if Warriors went back they give the bulls a run for their money in one series. However if warriors go back and play an entire season I see no way they take the championship off the Bulls. Not sure Curry could take the physical style.

Also prime Jordan is only better with today's rules. The touchy fouls that are called, if Harden is averaging 27 then Jordan would be putting up 40 a game.

Nobody loves MJ more than me.

I think MJ and Steph are different in that Steph is a lights out shooter, a better shooter than MJ and more efficient. But if you were heading into a fourth quarter down 12 and needed a player to get you back in the game offensively, I know who i'm picking.

Didn't say Steph was better. MJ could get you back in a game defensively as well.

Steph is still pretty clutch fwiw.

Also haven't seen Steph in a spot where they are down 12 very often this season, though the Warriors have a 50% winning record when down 15 or more during a game over the last season and a half, which is insane (the rest of the NBA is less than 10%), and Steph is a huge reason.

Bulls v Warriors is interesting but it's so hard to compare considering how different it was back in 96 to now. The rules are different, games are much lighter now. In todays game, imagine how many times Jordan would get to the foul line. He'd score 30 a night just from free throws.

That's why I gave the 4 scenarios. If under today's rules, you are right Jordan, Jordan would get to the line a lot more, but today's rules would have helped the late 80s Jordan more. By 96 MJ operated in the post a lot.

The toughness of the Bulls too would sideswipe Golden State. They wouldnt be ready for the kind of brutality the Bulls would bring. They would hit Curry, Barnes, Klay etc and I can see it having an effect. Players might go into their shells a bit, particularly guys on the periphery like Barnes.

Once again depends on what rules they play under. This only works under 96 rules, and hence is the reason in my predictions that is where the Bulls did the best. By the way the toughness thing works both ways. Iggy is a great defender. How much better is he if you can tell him he can hand check? How much better is he if he knows if someone gets past him Bogut can annihilate him in the lane? Likewise the other good defenders the Warriors have. It would also play right into Green's strengths.

The Bulls were incredibly long. Harper was our PG and was 6'6. Jordan was 6'6 and Pippen 6'9. Those three would rotate on Steph and Klay and give them fits trying to shoot over them. I think Rodman also take Draymond Green right out of the equation and the Bulls would dominate the rebounds which goes a long way to winning games.

Jordan and Pippen would have never seen so many screens in their lives. They would obviously play them as well as any team could because they are so good defensively, but you're underestimating exactly how little room the splash brothers need.

The Bulls are perfectly set up to counter the small ball too going with a lineup of Harper, Jordan, Pippen, Kukoc and Rodman. Or Kerr for Harper to stretch defenses.

Kerr would have no influence on this series. He might play some end of game offensive sets, but otherwise would be a liability. Is he guarding Steph or Klay? That's hilarious. Also down the other end of the court Steph would get to rest. Horrible idea. You need to make Steph work both ends. Also can't have him out there when Steph is off the court. Livingston kills little guys in the post.

Phil Jackson is also the coach, he's the greatest coach of all time. Kerr coached against himself would be interesting. He knows he wouldnt wanna leave himself open haha.

I actually have Jackson second, behind Pop, but there is no doubt Phil has the advantage with experience over Kerr. Having said that Kerr has done nothing wrong to date. He's actually come up with one of the greatest offensive systems seen in the game and some adjustments that were just crazy good (Bogut defending Allen, Iggy to the starting lineup in the Finals, bringing Rush into the starting lineup this season when Barnes was out, to name a few). Today's coaching support is also a lot better than back then, particularly defensively.

I think the Warriors have a better bench but in a 7 game series, the starters just play way more minutes and Jordan and Pippen etc would play big minutes to make sure they get the job done. You would really only go 8 deep in a 7 game playoff series so the three off the bench would be Kerr, Kukoc and probably Randy Brown. The Bulls had a lot of wily vets who can come on and foul and do all the grunt work like Wennington, Salley, Edwards and they had real hustle guys like Caffey, Simpkins and Buechler.

Hustle guys are underrated, particularly in the playoffs where every possession counts.

Those guys looked good because they were on the Bulls. There's a reason they didn't do anything else in their careers

I think in time people may have forgotten just how good Jordan was. Haha. Im picking the Bulls in 6.

No one is forgetting how good MJ is.

MJ being better than Curry, doesn't mean that the Bulls were better than the Warriors.

Didn't say Steph was better. MJ could get you back in a game defensively as well.

Steph is still pretty clutch fwiw.

Also haven't seen Steph in a spot where they are down 12 very often this season, though the Warriors have a 50% winning record when down 15 or more during a game over the last season and a half, which is insane (the rest of the NBA is less than 10%), and Steph is a huge reason.
Of course Steph isnt better. Jordan is a two way player. Steph not so much.

Jordan is better offensively too. Steph is having a great season. Steph is very efficient but that's because he is such a lights out shooter. The Warriors run plays to get him looks and he has great handles to create shots for himself. He shoots extremely well.

Having said that, Jordan is still better offensively. How can he not be. 10 x scoring champion. All time leader in PPG. Steph has never averaged more than 30ppg in a season and has never led the league in scoring. He might do both for the first time this season.

But one good season doesnt magically make Steph better on offense than MJ. Not by a long shot.

That's why I gave the 4 scenarios. If under today's rules, you are right Jordan, Jordan would get to the line a lot more, but today's rules would have helped the late 80s Jordan more. By 96 MJ operated in the post a lot.
Jordan did operate a little different in 96 than the late 80's but Jordan is so smart he would know (if played in today's rules) that getting to the line would be key. Not only would be key, it would be easy in todays game. Jordan had all the tricks offensively to draw fouls and he would consistently abuse player to get to the line, game after game. Not just scoring easy points but fouling out players too. He would cause the Warriors fits.

Once again depends on what rules they play under. This only works under 96 rules, and hence is the reason in my predictions that is where the Bulls did the best. By the way the toughness thing works both ways. Iggy is a great defender. How much better is he if you can tell him he can hand check? How much better is he if he knows if someone gets past him Bogut can annihilate him in the lane? Likewise the other good defenders the Warriors have. It would also play right into Green's strengths.
But it's easier today. What I mean is the Bulls are already great in 96 when it was much tougher to play. Fast forward to now and it gets EVER easier for them.

This doesnt work for the Warriors. Sure Iggy and Bogut would be able to play a little more dirty as would Green but the Bulls are already seasoned in this kinda play. It helps the Warriors a little bit but it aint gonna help Steph and Klay and they are the two best players the Warriors have. If played with 96 rules, the Bulls win. Fast forward it gets even easier for them IMO.

Jordan and Pippen would have never seen so many screens in their lives. They would obviously play them as well as any team could because they are so good defensively, but you're underestimating exactly how little room the splash brothers need.
Oh no doubt the game has changed. Jordan and Pippen would never have seen so many screens in their lives as you said. But they are pretty much two of the greatest defenders of all time. In fact Jordan is the greatest defender at the SG spot of all time. Pippen is the greatest defender of all time at the SF spot. Both are guarding Steph and Klay.

Yeah a lot of screens and the splash brother need no invitation to get a shot off, particularly Steph who has an incredible quick release but being guarded by ball hawks like these two for a 7 game series is gonna drag on the Warriors.

Kerr would have no influence on this series. He might play some end of game offensive sets, but otherwise would be a liability. Is he guarding Steph or Klay? That's hilarious. Also down the other end of the court Steph would get to rest. Horrible idea. You need to make Steph work both ends. Also can't have him out there when Steph is off the court. Livingston kills little guys in the post.
I think Kerr definitely has a role to play. Steph Curry is 2nd all time in 3pt% in the history of the game. Guess who is first?

Kerr is lights out. Jordan demands doubles. Kerr will get plenty of burn to knock down three's. I think defensively he would have to guard Steph. Do his best to fight through screens. Kerr wasnt a horrible defender. He wouldnt have played so much if he were. I assume if Kerr were playing while Curry is resting, he would be guarding Barbosa and not Livingston anyways.

Also while were on Livingston abusing smaller guards. How about we flip that. We've talked about Harper, Jordan and Pippen's length in guarding Steph and Klay, who does Steph guard down the other end.

Phil Jackson is quickly gonna run pick n rolls to switch Steph up and even if he doesnt he can just throw Harper down on the low block and Harper would abuse Steph. If Steph is guarding Jordan, then it's dont even bother, Jordan will ragdoll Curry and Pippen is no contest, too big and too strong.

As good as Curry is on offense, he would actually become a liability because of his size on the defensive end.

I actually have Jackson second, behind Pop, but there is no doubt Phil has the advantage with experience over Kerr. Having said that Kerr has done nothing wrong to date. He's actually come up with one of the greatest offensive systems seen in the game and some adjustments that were just crazy good (Bogut defending Allen, Iggy to the starting lineup in the Finals, bringing Rush into the starting lineup this season when Barnes was out, to name a few). Today's coaching support is also a lot better than back then, particularly defensively.
Whether you have Phil first or second, he has a huge advantage on Kerr with experience. It's so hard to judge thought given how the game has changed. Phil would be coming up with new defensive schemes to figure out how to stop the three point shooting and the million screens. Plus the roster of the Bulls doesnt help the way the game is played today.

The three point shot is now the main ingredient to success to today's game. The Bulls had Kerr who was an incredibly good 3pt shooter and then 3 or 4 guys like Kukoc, Jordan, Pippen and Harper who could take those shots but it wasnt a big part of the offense.

I think if Jordan was given months to prepare he would and recognising the game today, he would work on one thing and one thing only, his 3pt game. Give him a summer and he would come back and be a great three point shooter. Jordan is just wired that way, he would make himself better, give himself another weapon.

The only reason he was only ever a good three point shooter and not a great one was because back in his day it wasnt a weapon like it is today.

Those guys looked good because they were on the Bulls. There's a reason they didn't do anything else in their careers
You can say the same about the Warriors guys. Would Ezeli look good elsewhere? Probably not. Have Livingston and Barbosa bounced around the league for years without finding a real home and impressing. You betcha. They look great now though, in a great team.

No one is forgetting how good MJ is.

MJ being better than Curry, doesn't mean that the Bulls were better than the Warriors.
Well it's a big part of it. Any time you go into a seven game series and you have the best player on either team, well that helps. Jordan also had two HOFers playing next to him in Pippen and Rodman. I dont think their is another HOF on the Warriors roster outside of Steph.

You also never mentioned the rebounding. It goes a long way to winning games and I dont see how the Warriors ever win the rebounding battle against the Bulls.

Last edited:
Of course Steph isnt better. Jordan is a two way player. Steph not so much.

Jordan is better offensively too. Steph is having a great season. Steph is very efficient but that's because he is such a lights out shooter. The Warriors run plays to get him looks and he has great handles to create shots for himself. He shoots extremely well.

Having said that, Jordan is still better offensively. How can he not be. 10 x scoring champion. All time leader in PPG. Steph has never averaged more than 30ppg in a season and has never led the league in scoring. He might do both for the first time this season.

But one good season doesnt magically make Steph better on offense than MJ. Not by a long shot.

Obviously over the duration of course MJ is better offensively, but in this scenario the 96 Bulls are playing the 2015 Warriors. Every other season is basically irrelevant. And Steph this season is having a better offensive season than MJ did in 96. In fact I'd argue Steph's season this year is better (offensively) than anything Jordan ever produced. MJ obviously did it season after season, where as Steph has done it for 50ish games now. But we aren't arguing greatness here (which has longevity as being a major component), we are talking about a team snap-shotted at a point in time.

Obviously over the duration of course MJ is better offensively, but in this scenario the 96 Bulls are playing the 2015 Warriors. Every other season is basically irrelevant. And Steph this season is having a better offensive season than MJ did in 96. In fact I'd argue Steph's season this year is better (offensively) than anything Jordan ever produced. MJ obviously did it season after season, where as Steph has done it for 50ish games now. But we aren't arguing greatness here (which has longevity as being a major component), we are talking about a team snap-shotted at a point in time.
It doesnt really fly though as you cant just say Steph is having a better season now than Jordan did in 96 because Jordan has nothing to respond to. He was just doing it at the time, winning a championship.

If you pit them against eachother for the whole season, not a 7 game series. Jordan would see what Steph is doing and raise his game. Jordan LOVES a challenge. He would watch Steph shoot 9 three's one night and drop 45 points. Jordan would come out the next night and score 55.

It's what he did. You gotta let Jordan have context on the situation. Allow him to react to it.

Jordan did operate a little different in 96 than the late 80's but Jordan is so smart he would know (if played in today's rules) that getting to the line would be key. Not only would be key, it would be easy in todays game. Jordan had all the tricks offensively to draw fouls and he would consistently abuse player to get to the line, game after game. Not just scoring easy points but fouling out players too. He would cause the Warriors fits.

Yep, he would. He's MJ. Not going to argue about him giving them fits. Still doesn't make the Bulls unbeatable.

But it's easier today. What I mean is the Bulls are already great in 96 when it was much tougher to play. Fast forward to now and it gets EVER easier for them.

I never really understand when people say it's tougher. It was a more physical game yes, but that doesn't mean you have to be better to win. Every year there is one champion. Same as today. You beat the competition that's in front of you. Doesn't mean that if they change the rules, take out hard fouls and all of a sudden it becomes easier to win. Both teams are playing by the same rules.

This doesnt work for the Warriors. Sure Iggy and Bogut would be able to play a little more dirty as would Green but the Bulls are already seasoned in this kinda play. It helps the Warriors a little bit but it aint gonna help Steph and Klay and they are the two best players the Warriors have. If played with 96 rules, the Bulls win. Fast forward it gets even easier for them IMO.

Bulls aren't seasoned in handling the Warriors offense, or wondering wtf is happening when players are pulling up 8 feet behind the 3 point line 8 seconds into a shot clock. Bulls aren't seasoned in how good team defense and help defense is now. Wing defenders are better than ever. You are under-estimating how much the game has moved on. s**t, they are running an offense that is pre-historic now (and been figured out).

Oh no doubt the game has changed. Jordan and Pippen would never have seen so many screens in their lives as you said. But they are pretty much two of the greatest defenders of all time. In fact Jordan is the greatest defender at the SG spot of all time. Pippen is the greatest defender of all time at the SF spot. Both are guarding Steph and Klay.

Yeah a lot of screens and the splash brother need no invitation to get a shot off, particularly Steph who has an incredible quick release but being guarded by ball hawks like these two for a 7 game series is gonna drag on the Warriors.

Pippen is a GOAT candidate for guarding the 3, but not the 1. Obviously can still do it, but it wasn't like he was guarding Payton or Stockton in the Finals.

I think Kerr definitely has a role to play. Steph Curry is 2nd all time in 3pt% in the history of the game. Guess who is first?

Kerr shot nothing but wide open jumpers. He's a great shooter, but he would be abused in this series. And letting Steph rest on defense is a horrible idea. And obviously having Kerr guard Curry isn't a great idea.

Kerr is lights out. Jordan demands doubles. Kerr will get plenty of burn to knock down three's. I think defensively he would have to guard Steph. Do his best to fight through screens. Kerr wasnt a horrible defender. He wouldnt have played so much if he were. I assume if Kerr were playing while Curry is resting, he would be guarding Barbosa and not Livingston anyways.

Why would they be doubling with Steph? Kerr wasn't a good defender though and the 90s was filled with 6 foot white guy shooters, so he always had someone to defend when he was out there. How many Steve Kerr type players are there today? Barb will still abuse him, not to the level Steph Curry would obviously.

Also while were on Livingston abusing smaller guards. How about we flip that. We've talked about Harper, Jordan and Pippen's length in guarding Steph and Klay, who does Steph guard down the other end.

Harper obviously. He wasn't an offensive weapon when he was with the Bulls. He averaged 7ppg.

Phil Jackson is quickly gonna run pick n rolls to switch Steph up and even if he doesnt he can just throw Harper down on the low block and Harper would abuse Steph. If Steph is guarding Jordan, then it's dont even bother, Jordan will ragdoll Curry and Pippen is no contest, too big and too strong.

So they are going to completely change their triangle offense for one series? Bulls very rarely used switches to abused them. I think in the NBA Finals I remember Jordan posting up Stockton only a handful of times. Harper in the post wasn't generally a scoring option for the Bulls. 7ppg.

As good as Curry is on offense, he would actually become a liability because of his size on the defensive end.

Yep, and teams are doing so well in exploiting that in the current NBA...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don't think the Bulls were already been called the GOAT team by this time in the 96 season?

I'm talking about the Warriors over the last 12 months (they did win 67 games last year and a championship :p )

Well yes, but they had won a chip or 4 prior to that

Whether you have Phil first or second, he has a huge advantage on Kerr with experience. It's so hard to judge thought given how the game has changed. Phil would be coming up with new defensive schemes to figure out how to stop the three point shooting and the million screens. Plus the roster of the Bulls doesnt help the way the game is played today.

The three point shot is now the main ingredient to success to today's game. The Bulls had Kerr who was an incredibly good 3pt shooter and then 3 or 4 guys like Kukoc, Jordan, Pippen and Harper who could take those shots but it wasnt a big part of the offense.

I think if Jordan was given months to prepare he would and recognising the game today, he would work on one thing and one thing only, his 3pt game. Give him a summer and he would come back and be a great three point shooter. Jordan is just wired that way, he would make himself better, give himself another weapon.

The only reason he was only ever a good three point shooter and not a great one was because back in his day it wasnt a weapon like it is today.

If Jordan was so great why hadn't he worked out how powerful the 3 is? Be ahead of the times. When he lost his athleticism why didn't he become an all time great 3 point shooter. You don't become great at shooting 3s in months btw. Years at best.

You can say the same about the Warriors guys. Would Ezeli look good elsewhere? Probably not. Have Livingston and Barbosa bounced around the league for years without finding a real home and impressing. You betcha. They look great now though, in a great team.

ESPN keep telling me Ezili would be starting on another team :p Also Barbosa was a pretty good player before hand. Likewise Livingston before the injury. But they obviously look better at the Warriors, but I know if I have a choice of Randy Brown or Barbosa, or Livingston or Kerr, I'm going with the Warrior boys.

Well it's a big part of it. Any time you go into a seven game series and you have the best player on either team, well that helps. Jordan also had two HOFers playing next to him in Pippen and Rodman. I dont think their is another HOF on the Warriors roster outside of Steph.

You also never mentioned the rebounding. It goes a long way to winning games and I don't see how the Warriors ever win the rebounding battle against the Bulls.

Early days obviously and jumping the gun by a lot, but saying that Green and/or Thompson if they continue their current career trajectory would retire and become Hall of Famers isn't crazy.

It doesnt really fly though as you cant just say Steph is having a better season now than Jordan did in 96 because Jordan has nothing to respond to. He was just doing it at the time, winning a championship.

If you pit them against eachother for the whole season, not a 7 game series. Jordan would see what Steph is doing and raise his game. Jordan LOVES a challenge. He would watch Steph shoot 9 three's one night and drop 45 points. Jordan would come out the next night and score 55.

It's what he did. You gotta let Jordan have context on the situation. Allow him to react to it.

This post just doesn't make sense and is nonsense. So Jordan wasn't trying in 96? If he wanted to he could up his effective shooting percentage by 10% (which is how much Steph is currently in front of him btw - 68% to 58%). Must have been half arsing it that year...

So how do these series go jod23 ?

Bulls jumped in a time machine to today and 7 game series started straight away under today's rules

Warriors jumped in a time machine to 96 and played a 7 game series under the 96 rules. Neither team given time to prepare

Bulls jumped in a time machine to today, they are given 6 months to prepare with assistance from today's technology and training staffs. Also allowed to play other non-Warrior teams from today's NBA in practice games. 7 game series under today's rules.

Bulls jumped in a time machine to today, they are given 6 months to prepare with assistance from today's technology and training staffs. Also allowed to play other non-Warrior teams from the NBA in practice games. Warriors allowed practice games against other non-Bull teams from the 96 to prepare. 7 game series under 96 rules.

Competition levels back then.

Minutes played.

Efficiency.

Shot Clock

3 point line

Current "hand-checking" rules that play right into Currys hand.

Advances in nutrition, training, sports science, travel, accomodation...

It goes both ways.
---

Look Curry is having a great year, but to say its the best offensive year in history is just plain wrong - that is obvious. Noone will get close to Wilts 50ppg from a pure offensive p.o.v.

Now, if you want to add a caveat and make it post-merger then we have a legit comparison between Curry and Jordan - and thats were the argument should be... Not with Wilt.

Shot Clock

3 point line

Current "hand-checking" rules that play right into Currys hand.

Advances in nutrition, training, sports science, travel, accomodation...

It goes both ways.
---

Look Curry is having a great year, but to say its the best offensive year in history is just plain wrong - that is obvious. Noone will get close to Wilts 50ppg from a pure offensive p.o.v.

Now, if you want to add a caveat and make it post-merger then we have a legit comparison between Curry and Jordan - and thats were the argument should be... Not with Wilt.

I'm happy with that. And I wrote it before, it's hard to compare to Wilt when I've (and everyone) has seen basically none of that season, and all we go off are stats.

Just a couple

1. Zach Randolph is an underrated defender. He gives Anthony Davis fits and really did a number to LMA last season
2. Russell Westbrook is an average defender. He's not that good as his perception. Gambles way too much
3. Elton Brand was a great signing for the 76ers. They need that locker room experience.
4. The Kevin Love nixed trade was one of the best moves made in recent seasons. Warriors would have not have played Draymond.
5. Mark Price is one of the most underrated point guards ever. He's basically a prototype of a player at the 1. He had that hesitation move that allowed him to make room like snaking around (words escape me) and he could shoot.

Eh I can't think of anymore.

Just a couple

1. Zach Randolph is an underrated defender. He gives Anthony Davis fits and really did a number to LMA last season
2. Russell Westbrook is an average defender. He's not that good as his perception. Gambles way too much
3. Elton Brand was a great signing for the 76ers. They need that locker room experience.
4. The Kevin Love nixed trade was one of the best moves made in recent seasons. Warriors would have not have played Draymond.
5. Mark Price is one of the most underrated point guards ever. He's basically a prototype of a player at the 1. He had that hesitation move that allowed him to make room like snaking around (words escape me) and he could shoot.

Eh I can't think of anymore.

Some good ones.

But some I would say are actually popular.

Westbrook is an average defender. What's worse is that he should be great. Some players you see out there you just know are never going to be great defenders, like Steph Curry. He can be good, but he's never going to be great, no matter how hard he works. Westbrook on the other hand should be great. He's big for a point guard, very quick and has amazing athleticism. He should be killing it. But he's often caught out of position, and has poor foot work. Like against the Warriors the other day he had Iggy on the baseline and wasn't between him and the basket, he was too the side. Iggy drove straight by him for the dunk. And it wasn't like Iggy was moving quick.

I think everyone now realizes that the trade of Love for Thompson falling through worked out great for the Warriors, even if ESPN think Love is a top 100 player of all time :rolleyes:

Some good ones.

But some I would say are actually popular.

Westbrook is an average defender. What's worse is that he should be great. Some players you see out there you just know are never going to be great defenders, like Steph Curry. He can be good, but he's never going to be great, no matter how hard he works. Westbrook on the other hand should be great. He's big for a point guard, very quick and has amazing athleticism. He should be killing it. But he's often caught out of position, and has poor foot work. Like against the Warriors the other day he had Iggy on the baseline and wasn't between him and the basket, he was too the side. Iggy drove straight by him for the dunk. And it wasn't like Iggy was moving quick.

I think everyone now realizes that the trade of Love for Thompson falling through worked out great for the Warriors, even if ESPN think Love is a top 100 player of all time :rolleyes:

The Westbrook one isn't. I'm so surprised how many people pegged him as a great defender. Him and Durant have the tools to be great but they gamble or get a bit lazy.

Here is a big one. A very controversial opinion but Luis Scola is a HOF player. Here is why. 4x Americas MVP, Spanish League MVP (x2), Won all the Spanish basketball titles, 2x Euroleague 1st team, gold medalist for Argentina in the Olympics and dominated the international scene.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back