No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes you just have to agree to disagree.
moses_red_sea_ret_rays_flare.jpg

easier to part this mofo

Last edited:

I'm not relying on their opinions. I'm relying on the fact that NONE of them have reported anything like the cover up some people are suggesting, or other clubs running programs as bad as ours. Not one. That's not opinion. That's fact. There is a very significant difference between the two.

So the argument is if there was something to report, it would have been reported? I suppose this is more of an argumentum ex silentio.

Yes it is. The idea that there's other clubs with programs as bad as ours, including using illegal drugs, and that EVERY journalist has covered it up IS utter stupidity. If you think that then as I said, good luck to you. But to me it's stupidity.
Let's not forget that journalists were sitting on our storey for a couple of months before running with it as "Darkest day in Sports" was about to blow up.

AFL accredited journos do what they're told when they're told which goes against the concept of journalism. Not sure why you need to be given approval by HQ to write about the sport, but that's how it is and why so many things go unreported.

Let's not forget that journalists were sitting on our storey for a couple of months before running with it as "Darkest day in Sports" was about to blow up.

AFL accredited journos do what they're told when they're told which goes against the concept of journalism. Not sure why you need to be given approval by HQ to write about the sport, but that's how it is and why so many things go unreported.
Makes you wonder what other stories from other clubs these journalists are sitting on.

Yes it is. The idea that there's other clubs with programs as bad as ours, including using illegal drugs, and that EVERY journalist has covered it up IS utter stupidity. If you think that then as I said, good luck to you. But to me it's stupidity.
No club has ever had a program as bad as ours (probably), but there are question marks on other teams and their practices before our saga broke that the journos didn't and probably will never report on.

Go to a private sportsmans lunch with Damien Barrett and ask him about it. He'll never report on it, but he has talked at such functions before about the rumours surrounding other teams and PEDs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meanwhile you sit there with crumbs on your face and tell us there is no way there was a cake.
I sit at the table, with a plate with crumbs on it, looking unimpressed as I was promised a cake. And one was not produced.

I sit at the table, with a plate with crumbs on it, looking unimpressed as I was promised a cake. And one was not produced.
Actually no you built arguments dismissing the possibility of a cake. Now the crumbs have been shown you've changed to "crumbs don't make a cake."

Sure they might mean a sandwich but they might make cake. So maybe you should just concede that and walk away from the table.

Actually no you built arguments dismissing the possibility of a cake. Now the crumbs have been shown you've changed to "crumbs don't make a cake."

Sure they might mean a sandwich but they might make cake. So maybe you should just concede that and walk away from the table.
I had a simple analogy and now it's complicated and I'm confused.

I'm just going back to celebrating my new free LED TV.

I had a simple analogy and now it's complicated and I'm confused.

I'm just going back to celebrating my new free LED TV.
Good idea.

Though once again I suggest you aren't batman. ;) More Brian Douglas. :p

I don't know anything about a cake, but I do know that crumbs don't make a cable.

Time up for Dons’ appeals as majority of the 34 affected players take matter to a Swiss court
  • 25 minutes ago
  • by GRANT BAKER
  • Source: Herald Sun

BANNED current and former Essendon players will today file papers in the Swiss Federal Tribunal, making official their last-ditch appeal of doping suspensions handed out by the Court of Arbitration for Sport last month.

The vast majority of the 34 affected players will join the appeal to the Swiss court in Lausanne.

Essendon captain Jobe Watson is expected to be among them, almost certainly delaying a decision of the AFL Commission on whether he should keep his 2012 Brownlow Medal.

The deadline for the appeal to be lodged is today, although Lausanne is 10 hours behind Melbourne time. The appeal will be conducted in French.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/tea...t/news-story/130e4e43aef7c2f6e584dc6d7357b23f

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back