Comp Last Man Standing II

Remove this Banner Ad

Ortiz
Makashvili
Natal

Tough card to pick certain winners on. Not that confident in any of the fighters I've picked.

Would have been nice to pick fighters from the main card, but I'm not real confident in any of the main card fighters. I could have gone Johnson. I think he'll knock Bader out early in the fight, but if he doesn't then Bader will probably grind him out and win a decision or maybe even finish the fight late. I'm not trusting a HW fight for a certain pick, no way. I'm not trusting someone as raw and inexperienced as Northcutt either. He struggled against Pfister. Holbrook and Barberena are definitely better than Pfister.

Bloody UFC, don't they know how it works ?Hype trains like Northcutt - you are supposed to feed them cans for a couple years and then let them get exposed.
Don't they watch boxing ? :p

Bloody UFC, don't they know how it works ?Hype trains like Northcutt - you are supposed to feed them cans for a couple years and then let them get exposed.
Don't they watch boxing ? :p
What they needed to do to keep him winning was bring in bad and/or inexperienced fighters that he could style on. That's not really what they do (except with CM Punk I guess and he's still very likely going to lose when he fights).

His first two fights were with two of the worst LWs on the roster. He struggled with Pfister and then they scheduled him for a step up in competition against Holbrook. He would have been far too good for Northcutt at this stage. He'd probably have made Northcutt look worse than Barberena did.

Northcutt was always going to lose on his way up because he's fighting in the toughest divisions. It came earlier than everyone expected. It shouldn't hurt him too bad in the long run and it should help him because he'll realise he has a lot of work to do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back