SC 2016 - My Team (Pre-NAB Challenge)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all. First post on here but read a lot of the discussion and seen a lot of teams.

Obviously we're all having a bit of a stab in the dark with which rookies to select right now.

I like the cash spread I have. tossing up whether to upgrade in the forward line and ditch JOM...

Tell me what you think!

Like it a lot. JOM > rookie and Aish > KK and it would look even better.

Is the theory at selecting someone like Currie at R3 that he is going to play and moo early to generate cash, or is it just to keep him all year for ruck cover?

The only way that I would consider it would be if a ruckman, let's use Currie as an example, looked like playing early and often enough to moo. But even then I wouldn't be messing about with a def/fwd non-playing loophole. Lose too much potential cash generation IMO. It's not just the first def or fwd cow that you may miss, but the second one that you could downgrade to who may in turn be ready to moo before finals time. I'd select a bargain basement R/F at F8, who would eventually become my R3 when I culled Currie.

I'm not in toxic's head but I imagine there might be a bit of both - however, I'd say the important thing is you have a ruck who can cover short term injury to your R1/R2.

Everyone who picked TBC last year for R/F flexibility missed out on cash generation from that FWD spot, and also had to deal with having TBC in their team. T. So if you're not messing with a def/fwd non-playing loophole, you're doing it with your R3. And then you need backup in the forward line for injuries. So who's your bargain basement R/F?

This is why people are jumping on Looney, Tippett, and Sinclair. Toxic is trying something different, and I think there's merit in changing up the way you think about this situation. I'm not going that route myself at the moment - but I'm keeping it in mind, and I won't argue with anyone else who wants to play with the idea either.

Loving Grimleys DPP status (Ruck/Fwd). Allows me to have a Ruck/Fwd combo with Loersch($102,400) who i can use as my Captain loophole player

And if Grimley doesn't play, you get two captain loophole options. Bonus.

In seriousness, he might play. But I wouldn't count on it. McKernan and Daniher might be ahead of him as backup for Luey. If Luey goes down, it might be a different story.

And if Grimley doesn't play, you get two captain loophole options. Bonus.

In seriousness, he might play. But I wouldn't count on it. McKernan and Daniher might be ahead of him as backup for Luey. If Luey goes down, it might be a different story.
I reckon they'll play 2 rucks. Luey and Jamar. And there'll be Grimley and McKernan competing for the second tall forward unless they play 3 tall forwards.

Aaron Hall - going to go ballistic this year.
Thanks.

I'm not in toxic's head but I imagine there might be a bit of both - however, I'd say the important thing is you have a ruck who can cover short term injury to your R1/R2.

Everyone who picked TBC last year for R/F flexibility missed out on cash generation from that FWD spot, and also had to deal with having TBC in their team. T. So if you're not messing with a def/fwd non-playing loophole, you're doing it with your R3. And then you need backup in the forward line for injuries. So who's your bargain basement R/F?

This is why people are jumping on Looney, Tippett, and Sinclair. Toxic is trying something different, and I think there's merit in changing up the way you think about this situation. I'm not going that route myself at the moment - but I'm keeping it in mind, and I won't argue with anyone else who wants to play with the idea either.
I wouldn't be picking Looney or Sinclair (and didn't pick TBC last year) but I do think Tippett is a very good selection because not only will he provide ruck cover but I believe he will average enough (95-100) to be a viable F6 for the entire season.

Best Midfielder under $485,400? Already got Liberatore.

appreciate any suggestions.
Hanley or Gibbs, but I'd recommend finding some extra cash and going for the $500k-$550k range, where you can get a future SC royal like Wines or Parker

I reckon they'll play 2 rucks. Luey and Jamar. And there'll be Grimley and McKernan competing for the second tall forward unless they play 3 tall forwards.

I'd forgotten about Jamar. Anyway, I think you might be talking yourself out of Grimley in the process of this convo - 2 rucks and 3 tall forwards is a stretch ... even for Essendon, where we could probably play Mr. Bump on a forward flank and not do any worse...

Aaron Hall - going to go ballistic this year.
I doubt it, Suns have Ablett, DSwallow, O'Meara and Prestia back
I reckon he'll go back to playing predominantly as small forward, with time on the wing and in the centre

70-90 average imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I doubt it, Suns have Ablett, DSwallow, O'Meara and Prestia back
I reckon he'll go back to playing predominantly as small forward, with time on the wing and in the centre

70-90 average imo

O'meara and Swallow aren't just going to walk back into the centre square and pick up where they left off.

Dare say those two will be given time behind the ball to find their feet and regain trust in their bodies.

I'd forgotten about Jamar. Anyway, I think you might be talking yourself out of Grimley in the process of this convo - 2 rucks and 3 tall forwards is a stretch ... even for Essendon, where we could probably play Mr. Bump on a forward flank and not do any worse...
Hawthorn did it in the Granny. Hale and McEvoy in the ruck and Rough, Schoey and Gunners in the Forwardline.

O'meara and Swallow aren't just going to walk back into the centre square and pick up where they left off.

Dare say those two will be given time behind the ball to find their feet and regain trust in their bodies.
Fair enough, let's just agree to disagree :D
I'm assuming you're going to start with him as your smokey? If so, I love it, got to go with your gut. Hope it pays off for you

It's a stretch for most clubs but we're talking about John 3ruck policy Worsfold here.

I think your taking too many risks in the midfield, with Crouch, Wells, Libba and O'Meara, I dont think O'Meara will be 100% come round 1, so might steer clear. Wells is at a very attractive price, but keep in mind thats for a reason, your looking at a fair bit of heartache going with all of those guys, and I cant see it paying off. Plus you will miss out on a few good rookie cash cows. Stick with Crouch and Libba (NAB performances pending) and down grade the other 2 for some good rookie prospects. Should free up a fair bit of cash as well.

Take that cash and get rid of Berger, he is good for a couple of games, but doubt this will be his year. Good player, but cant string enough games together to be worthwhile.

Zac Merret is an interesting choice, could go either way. Will either step up in the absence of his team, or get lost without having decent players around him.

Move on Wells, Berger and O'Meara, grab 2 rookies mids, and another premo forward. I think that will make a bit of difference for you IMO
Yes a lot of risks. Still 6 weeks until it all gets serious though. Imagine if they all paid off. Of all the risky picks at the moment Wells and Luey are the two I'm most uncertain about. Got Luey primarily for the DPP link.

Yes a lot of risks. Still 6 weeks until it all gets serious though. Imagine if they all paid off. Of all the risky picks at the moment Wells and Luey are the two I'm most uncertain about. Got Luey primarily for the DPP link.
I reckon it's a bit risky picking mid-pricers and Premo primarily because of their DPP status. It's all high risk, high reward stuff.Could really pay off but could be a flop. Keep in mind that if you are forced to trade Luey to a Lobbe, Sinclair type(not many rucks that look any good below Luey at this point in time) that you may need 100K up your sleeve meaning that you will have to downgrade somewhere else or leave 100K to start with.

Hawthorn did it in the Granny. Hale and McEvoy in the ruck and Rough, Schoey and Gunners in the Forwardline.

Fair point, although Hale, McEvoy, Roughead, Schoey and Gunston look elite next to our lot. It's different when you can argue they all deserve a spot, as opposed to ... you know, just being there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back