Training 2016 Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My girlfriend and I are GA members this year, and we just got an email saying that we (and every ther GA member) is being upgraded for free to a reserved seat for round 1.

I can only assume that GA tickets are expected to fill up, so they're moving members to other seats. Either way, I'm not complaining. It looks like Essendon fans will be out in their thousands for round 1, especially given the offseason they've had.

Nope from Mckenzie's past 4 years PLUS this years 5second clip.
Same old Same old.
Look I agree, we all think Mckenzie should be better than he is after 5 years in the system but to say he hasn't changed from his first four years based on one 5 second clip is a little presumptuous. I also think Ah Chee is probably going to jump over a lot of defenders on the goal line in his career.
I am really looking forward to seeing if the Eade Mantra has gotten through to McKenzie like it certainly has to his buddy Matera.
McKenzie's career is certainly on the line (even though he has just signed a contract extension).
I think I will wait and see half a half dozen games to see if McKenzie is reformed and I would hope that our selection committee would analyse his preseason thoroughly before saying that he is not in the mix for that third tall position.
Things would be different if someone had definitely put up their hand and nailed that position down but I don't think Schade or Keough have done that just yet.

Getting excited. Intraclub this Saturday. Footy's getting close. Unfortunately can't make it but would really appreciate some reports / insights from any who can attend, especially on the new boys - Ah Chee, Fiorini, Willis, Keough, Davis etc. but also Snoop Garlett, Touk, Saadie, 2MP.

Good to see skills have been a big focus this preseason and also speed off the mark / one step has been a specific aspect of our play that Rocket has identified as a deficiency. Have thought that for a while now our players are quite often reactive and look flat footed particularly against the better teams. Being a quick side already, getting this right will only benefit both the offensive and defensive aspects of our play.

Getting excited. Intraclub this Saturday. Footy's getting close. Unfortunately can't make it but would really appreciate some reports / insights from any who can attend, especially on the new boys - Ah Chee, Fiorini, Willis, Keough, Davis etc. but also Snoop Garlett, Touk, Saadie, 2MP.

Good to see skills have been a big focus this preseason and also speed off the mark / one step has been a specific aspect of our play that Rocket has identified as a deficiency. Have thought that for a while now our players are quite often reactive and look flat footed particularly against the better teams. Being a quick side already, getting this right will only benefit both the offensive and defensive aspects of our play.

+1 would love this as well if anyone does head down. :) Also, a McKenzie spotting would be nice, you know hopefully not being out marked by a rook.

Got the feeling that Melbourne and GC are the teams that with the most to gain from the NAB cup. For us the NAB cup gives us the opportunity:

- the players to prove to themselves that all the positive vibes will translate to improved performance
- build momentum to showing our players coming out of contract that we are on the right track
- show the improved fitness and strength is making a marked difference to performance
- integrate the injured players from last year with the young up and comers that served us well, as well as Currie, Rosa and Grant
- show that Rocket's game plan works with the right personnel
- ignite some excitement to improve flagging membership sales
- showcase the young guys and see how close they are to being ready
- see if some of the vets on the outside looking in (Stanley, McKenzie, Shaw, Russell, Tape) can give a yelp

For Melbourne it is Roos last year, see if Goodwin can coach, give Hogan a reason to re-sign, membership and know that we have their draft pick should they fail to perform so even more pressure.

Anyone tried to pre-register their free tickets for the 1st Nab cup game vs Lions at Burpengary? Ticketmaster tried to charge me $5 a ticket + a handling fee. Unless I'm doing something wrong?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back