Game Day Dimma's EF spray

Remove this Banner Ad

6 pages and the spray has not been revealed

Which is the way it should be.
An intense moment like that needs to stay in that moment, not to be quoted and mis quoted to people outside the room.
And if it was revealed the usual Hardwick haters would just use it to sledge him, while his supporters would recognise that he is a tough and passionate bloke reacting to a performance that wasn't up to expectations.

An intense moment like that needs to stay in that moment, not to be quoted and mis quoted to people outside the room.
And if it was revealed the usual Hardwick haters would just use it to sledge him, while his supporters would recognise that he is a tough and passionate bloke reacting to a performance that wasn't up to expectations.

Thanks Dimma

Dude, face the f***ing facts...so in your mind he has delivered a lot yeah? Lets just say this, if the team does not come up to expectations this year, he will be delivering parcels next year. ;)
Doubt it very much Cogs.

Exactly right. Stays in house. The way it should.

Haere Ra

He has, or the players got better?

I agree with you but "pretty good job" shouldn't cut it in AFL.

Pretty good job were my words and opinion. It's funny how quickly people forget the rabble we were and how long we were a rabble for.

Dimma has changed the club for the better.

all i am going to say to this is that if it gets to the point where we get bundled out of the finals on the back of another "didnt turn up" inept performance by the team, then seriously, if Benny and the brains trust let that slide as just another step in the plan then there is something fraudulent going on at tigerland...i.e its purely about building the bank balance with hoohaaa and sales spin, than delivering the prize to the tigerarmy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They sniffed blood before the 5th year even started and that was on the back off a 8 wins out of 11 end to the 2008 season.

In regards to your preference to wait and see, are you happy for the players to be hassled at every after match interview, every before game interview, every appearance on radio, every appearance on tv, getting asked what is going on with Dimma, do you feel extra pressure to perform etc.

Put it this way, if the club lets this linger into the season ( i dont think the will by the way ) i will be heading down to sportsbet to load up on us to miss the finals.
players will only be hassled by the media durring the session about the coach if they are loosing; so if his not signed and players are hassled about it then it would have been the right dicission not to have signed Dimma

Professional organisations would have phased him out by now

Sorry brother but that statement is absolute rubbish. Old Richmond would have sacked him by now.

I am also of the view that we should hold off till the end of the year, regardless of outside pressure before we re sign him as he needs to win a final to go forward with us but with that said, the work he has done since taking over has been nothing short of excellent. Losing 3 finals does no wipe the good away as that is a serious short sided view and harkens back to he reactive management that nearly killed our club.

Prior to Hardwick, we were the club that defined the meaning of s**t. We had zero culture, zero respect and most importantly we kept on repeating our mistakes over and over. With Hardwick, he did not in his first two years try to "win" games with re treads or big names. He as a young coach was incredibility brave to go into the job and in the first two season, not worry about the short term view of winning 9 or 10 games but changed the list wholesale.

Now before some come on here and say he was not brave, yada yada as he was under no pressure. Please just read some posts before the port game ( his first win) from not just some on this board but over all in the general media. They were screaming he was a spud, Tigers made another mistake and got another Wallace etc etc.

IMO 2013 we made the finals when we really should not have considering our youth. That year exceeded my expectations as i thought we would make finals in year 2014. Yes in 2014 was a disaster but again experience wise and age wise, we were nearly 1 and a half years younger then the opposition so again, losing that game was to me expected, the manner in how we lost it was unforgivable but the coach does not play on the ground, imo the port game was on the players more then hardwick.

Hardwick did a masterful job to even get us into the finals that year by recovering our season when it looked like it was becoming a train wreck. Not many coaches have shown they can turn that around but Hardwick has shown he can.

IMO last year, was poor. Was a poor effort by the coaches and the players. I am not shying away from that. That is why i am happy to let him coach the year to prove to us, himself and the club he can and will learn from mistakes made that day but to suggest we should have sacked him prior is rubbish. Hardwick was the type of coach we needed to lift ourselves up from the s**t, to now becoming at least a finals qualifying side that is sustainable...we just need now to take that extra step.

Sorry brother but that statement is absolute rubbish. Old Richmond would have sacked him by now.

I am also of the view that we should hold off till the end of the year, regardless of outside pressure before we re sign him as he needs to win a final to go forward with us but with that said, the work he has done since taking over has been nothing short of excellent. Losing 3 finals does no wipe the good away as that is a serious short sided view and harkens back to he reactive management that nearly killed our club.

Prior to Hardwick, we were the club that defined the meaning of s**t. We had zero culture, zero respect and most importantly we kept on repeating our mistakes over and over. With Hardwick, he did not in his first two years try to "win" games with re treads or big names. He as a young coach was incredibility brave to go into the job and in the first two season, not worry about the short term view of winning 9 or 10 games but changed the list wholesale.

Now before some come on here and say he was not brave, yada yada as he was under no pressure. Please just read some posts before the port game ( his first win) from not just some on this board but over all in the general media. They were screaming he was a spud, Tigers made another mistake and got another Wallace etc etc.

IMO 2013 we made the finals when we really should not have considering our youth. That year exceeded my expectations as i thought we would make finals in year 2014. Yes in 2014 was a disaster but again experience wise and age wise, we were nearly 1 and a half years younger then the opposition so again, losing that game was to me expected, the manner in how we lost it was unforgivable but the coach does not play on the ground, imo the port game was on the players more then hardwick.

Hardwick did a masterful job to even get us into the finals that year by recovering our season when it looked like it was becoming a train wreck. Not many coaches have shown they can turn that around but Hardwick has shown he can.

IMO last year, was poor. Was a poor effort by the coaches and the players. I am not shying away from that. That is why i am happy to let him coach the year to prove to us, himself and the club he can and will learn from mistakes made that day but to suggest we should have sacked him prior is rubbish. Hardwick was the type of coach we needed to lift ourselves up from the s**t, to now becoming at least a finals qualifying side that is sustainable...we just need now to take that extra step.
Sorry I stopped reading after the first sentence as did the old Richmond err by sacking their coaches? Name one coach we sacked that was worthy keeping on and then went on to be a great coach elsewhere ? Old RFC got it right in the sacking their issue was selecting a coach and it appears to still be their detriment

IMO 2013 we made the finals when we really should not have considering our youth.
This indeed was a foolish statement though. Basically HALF the teams make finals, it's not really an accomplishment in terms of the season. It's just that the AFL decided that 8 teams should have a go in finals games. I think you will find with a well run club plenty of teams with very young list have made the finals, which should be the case, youthful, fit, cocky, want to fight for everything especially a spot in the side. Usually though it is the pressure of playing in finals where young teams fall away, but making the 8 shouldn't be age based.

Last edited:
This indeed was a foolish statement though. Basically HALF the teams make finals, it's not really an accomplishment in terms of the season. It's just that the AFL decided that 8 teams should have a go in finals games. I think you will find with a well run club plenty of teams with very young list have made the finals, which should be the case, youthful, fit, cocky, want to fight for everything especially a spot in the side. Usually though it is the pressure of playing in finals where young teams fall away, but making the 8 shouldn't be age based.

Really ? Guess I missed it when the GWS and GCS made the finals, as our list in 2013 was as young as theirs :p.

My point was simply after 2011 and 2012 where we lost a lot of close games, i expected half of those which would have put us on 11 wins, not enough to make finals. making finals to me was above expectation, that is my opinion.

Sorry I stopped reading after the first sentence as did the old Richmond err by sacking their coaches? Name one coach we sacked that was worthy keeping on and then went on to be a great coach elsewhere ? Old RFC got it right in the sacking their issue was selecting a coach and it appears to still be their detriment

You are kidding right ?

Our history is littered with dead coaches sacked before they could actually show they could get success. hell, we even sacked coaches who won us a flag in the year prior. Teatly is the one that bucked the trend when he was sacked by us, he still went on to coach elsewhere, most just gave it away and who could blame them.

it was the reason we held on to spud and wallace so long, to prove to new coaches we had changed....i cant believe you forget that lol

You are kidding right ?

Our history is littered with dead coaches sacked before they could actually show they could get success. hell, we even sacked coaches who won us a flag in the year prior. Teatly is the one that bucked the trend when he was sacked by us, he still went on to coach elsewhere, most just gave it away and who could blame them.

it was the reason we held on to spud and wallace so long, to prove to new coaches we had changed....i cant believe you forget that lol

Now you're joking.

Our history is littered with dead coaches sacked before they could actually show they could get success.:$

Name them all for me.:eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back