Training 2015/16 preseason training (discussion)

DannyTheDoorman

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Hajduk Split
Danny are the best days to go Mon , Wed , Friday? Thanks.
That's right but with the Peel game on Friday week then obviously only the Rehab boys would be training on that day I guess as the game wil be on at 4.10 pm at Mandurah. This week might mirror last week in that Wednesday was a lighter day and Friday was full on Match Simulation with AFL umpires. Main list comes out at 9.00 to train and rehab about 12 midday and this week (Monday)Rehab went to East Freo at about 9.30 to beat the heat.

DannyTheDoorman

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Jan 14, 2008
AFL Club
Fremantle
That's a blow to the young man .Mora would be devastated but he is strong of mind and will work through it. salim malik just take it in your stride and don't do anything rash.:cry::cry::cool::D

The bottle of scotch is empty and the tear soaked pillow is hanging out to dry. Think I'M going to be OK now . 6 weeks is not the end of the world.

Mighty Guybrush

Team Captain
Jun 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cleveland Cavaliers, LA Lakers
Really feel for the young fella. Terrible news, but at least its not a LTI. Here's hoping to a speedy recovery!

DannyTheDoorman

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
The bottle of scotch is empty and the tear soaked pillow is hanging out to dry. Think I'M going to be OK now . 6 weeks is not the end of the world.
Love ya ansa :thumbsu::thumbsu:So you only now need to come up to watch Rehab specifically with your eyes fixated on Mora for the next 6 weeks.:D:D:D W'ell handle all the crap people put on here about Dawss and you can just concentrate on sending Good vibes and saying prayers daily to/for Mora to quicken up his recovery.;);)

Feb 3, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle
That's right but with the Peel game on Friday week then obviously only the Rehab boys would be training on that day I guess as the game wil be on at 4.10 pm at Mandurah. This week might mirror last week in that Wednesday was a lighter day and Friday was full on Match Simulation with AFL umpires. Main list comes out at 9.00 to train and rehab about 12 midday and this week (Monday)Rehab went to East Freo at about 9.30 to beat the heat.

Much appreciated Danny, will be over to Freo later in the year. Will love to see the boys train. Thanks for the updates.

DannyTheDoorman

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Much appreciated Danny, will be over to Freo later in the year. Will love to see the boys train. Thanks for the updates.
The training days change from what they are now (as we are in PreSeason) once the season starts. e.g if the game is a Sunday away game in say Melbourne then the team trains on Friday and flies out in the afternoon. so check back before you make plans to come over.;)

DannyTheDoorman

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
salim malik ; sherrif jedi mind tricks ;@TheInjuryFactory ; Sandi7; Clems Knee Harry Reems; E Shed

Re Intra Club Tomorrow? . I thought I heard Ryan Daniels on 7 News say there was a scratch match at Domain tomorra and it was an open session and people are to enter by Gate 12 but not sure if i heard right as it was a Dockers game or the Weegs as he had just finished talking about the Weegs being in Kalgoorlie. Did anyone see the Ch 7 News and particularly what Ryan Daniels said about tomorra. Please confirm.

Last edited:

DannyTheDoorman

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
salim malik ; sherrif@jedi mind tricks ;@TheInjuryFactory ; Sandi7; Clems Knee@Harry Reems; E Shed

No one has responded clarifying what Ryan Daniels said on Ch 7 News so I rang 6PR and they hadn't heard that Dockers were at Domain tomorra. The producer said Weegs were back from Kalgoorlie and they were training at Domain tomorra and was quoting from a Press Release from the Wiggles so we are therefore training at Freo. Apologies if I caused any confusion.:):D:D:D

Hammersoup

Senior List
Sep 8, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
I thought hammys were normal after an acl, isn't that where they get the graft from?
Graft is from quads or hamstring tendon. No sure with Mora. They pretty well never get 100% hamstring strength back with hamstring graft, but get dam close. Could be nothing to do with graft. 6 weeks means no hamstring tendon split but Grade 1-2 muscle injury.

mike91

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Whilst it sucks, Mora should be ok. 6 weeks rehab, that's about what Round 2 of the season proper? Build form and to an extent fitness (from injury) through WAFL and he could play anywhere from Round 6 on wards.

Jan 5, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Whilst it sucks, Mora should be ok. 6 weeks rehab, that's about what Round 2 of the season proper? Build form and to an extent fitness (from injury) through WAFL and he could play anywhere from Round 6 on wards.
Yeah exactly. Johnson last season was off for around 12 weeks with his so 6 weeks is nothing. The fitness staff are probably being cautious with him. The Italian Stallion will rise! !

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Eski3

Premiership Player
Sep 26, 2007
East Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Freo
Grade 1 is usually 4 weeks, it's either a conservative estimate on a grade 1 or an optimistic estimate on a grade 2. Based on his history, I'd say they're more likely to be conservative than optimistic.

KC17

Debutant
Feb 29, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Orlando Magic
Graft is from quads or hamstring tendon. No sure with Mora. They pretty well never get 100% hamstring strength back with hamstring graft, but get dam close. Could be nothing to do with graft. 6 weeks means no hamstring tendon split but Grade 1-2 muscle injury.
I seem to recall that after Mora's latest graft, the club explained that the grafts made solely from his hamstrings were failing because his hammy tissue was particularly weak, or something to that effect? Which is why they gave him a Terminator knee this time around?

Hammersoup

Senior List
Sep 8, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
I seem to recall that after Mora's latest graft, the club explained that the grafts made solely from his hamstrings were failing because his hammy tissue was particularly weak, or something to that effect? Which is why they gave him a Terminator knee this time around?

They use a combination graft with a tendon and synthetic components. The I gauge its not a pure LARS procedure, as I doubt there was much left of the previous reco's to work with.

scon

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2009
western australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Long haired Champs.
Mora's latest reconstruction was a Lars hybrid which still employs hamstring tissue and the Lars synthetic is there to support the graft in the first few months. I don't believe I ever read anything attributing the failure of the previous attempts on inherently weak hammy tissue.
They are high risk procedures in professional athletes;even the Lars or hybrid Lars has a 20-30% chance of rerupturing.
I'm thinking it's just another bit of bad luck for Mora..hammy's and rolled ankles are commonplace in AFL and this one doesn't seem too bad...we're all so hopeful for Mora it would be a beautiful thing if he were immune to the workaday wear and tear injuries but alas his ribs will still crack...
Thorough rehab and back to TTHD:thumbsu::thumbsu::cool:

Back