Player Watch Pick #7 (2012) - Ollie Wines

Remove this Banner Ad

In before "port only managed to sign wines using the money freed up by Ryder and monfries"

Even tho he was stitched up before Xmas

Interesting. Are you saying the club purposely held back on the announcement as a way of giving the members some good news if things went pear shaped (pun intended) with losing Ryder and Monfries?

Interesting. Are you saying the club purposely held back on the announcement as a way of giving the members some good news if things went pear shaped (pun intended) with losing Ryder and Monfries?
I think we had Ollie stitched up a while ago as I had a hunch that it'd be held back & announced at the family day as we seem to make a regular event of it in recent years.

Not sure it had much to do with the Ryder/Gus news but the media will make it look like we only had the funds after losing Ryder which is what I think PP is trying to say.

Nah sorry if it came across that way. I'm more just predicting how haters will act when jts announced

The deal was basically done before Xmas just not signed and sealed

In before "port only managed to sign wines using the money freed up by Ryder and monfries"

Even tho he was stitched up before Xmas
Sliding Doors - if Port had to pay the salaries of banned drug cheats .... then I would've been right about about Wines coming home (sic) to Melbourne.

Last edited:
Im guessing the Ollie Wines that Im following on FB is the "real"one - I just noticed that he had "liked" a post from the "Craziest Sports Fights" FB page, which was a video of fight between Wakelin & Lynch in 04 Grand Final.
Wines to Brisbane? Faaaaaaaark
Nah, Wines to move over to Pharmacy.

Nah, you are all wrong... the game is at the MELBOURNE cricket ground - everyone knows he is asking to be traded to the up and coming dees!!

Nah, you are all wrong... the game is at the MELBOURNE cricket ground - everyone knows he is asking to be traded to the up and coming dees!!

going "home" to the dees.

Looks like he's all Port right now

12665849_928727520576120_1983047532_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well that's the end of that even though we all knew he was going nowhere anyway. Now to just wait on the announcement
So we are into the last few days a few on here will be able to read Barrett's tweets.

Barrett has been pretty quiet on the Wines and Port front tbh. He banged on about someone falling out of the salary cap but that's about it. Bit of a let down really, I think he chose not to fight this battle. I really wanted to use my one post to Barrett in good fashion but I'm not sure he has given me the best ammunition.

Barrett has been pretty quiet on the Wines and Port front tbh. He banged on about someone falling out of the salary cap but that's about it. Bit of a let down really, I think he chose not to fight this battle. I really wanted to use my one post to Barrett in good fashion but I'm not sure he has given me the best ammunition.
Na he was on triple m last week saying he can't see how wines can ignore the huge offers from Melbourne clubs. It's like he's pissed off we've kept everyone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back