Official Club Stuff Gameday Village ...annexed by the SMA

Remove this Banner Ad

If its a similar setup for what we had at Alberton for the Freo final etc. I'll be all for it, especially for away showdowns.
I'll much rather be in the GDV than the crow infested stadium

I love the away showdowns. Nothing more fun than watching Doris & Ethel tutting those horrible Port ferals on the hill for being quite loud, while completely ignoring the fans in crows colours spitting at us. It truly is an Olympic display of ignorance.

"Sales of beer are plummetting, but people are loving our $5 Coke machine racket all of a sudden. Also they buy the Cokes then disappear into a toilet cubicle for a minute. What's up with that?"

If the profits made by the GDV go toward one of our community initiatives (Foodbank, Aboriginal Power Cup etc) then the club needs to get on the front foot here, they need to show that it's a place for Footy Fans to meet up and help the club help their community/grass roots. Someone mentioned before to put branding up at the entrance to put it in everyone's eyes/mind - do that too.

On a side note, weren't we told to 'grow the pie' a while ago? Now the pie has grown it's still not correct...

Grow the pie, except only in a way that benefits the SANFL directly.

Surely the SANFL/SMA have no say here. Funny how the SMA and the SANFL are literally the same thing.

I knew AO would suffer at the hands of these cretins. Take something perfect and ruin it because muh exorbitant beer sales.

They can't beat us in the legal stakes so they are now resorting to drumming up council and resident support to can the GDV getting them to voice that they feel threatened by drunken louts.

Better shut down the croquet club, and every bar on o'connel.

Face it, they will block tbe GDV. People will still spend shitloads inside adelaide oval.

We wont win this one, it will be a smear campaign not unlike the 5aa/sanfl campaign from 2004 -2012. The club wont want to see our fans labeled as yobbos and they know that the sma has the neans and the will to do so.

Anything run by the sanfl was always going to be plastic and boring. Why would they want port adding a bit of soul to their fake bullshit

What the SMA are saying here is "you are inciting violence through cheap beers"

However "we are willing to look the other way if you give us a slice"

Riiiiiight.

This is like asking the curious squire to shut down because the o hotel wants to sell more beers and can't supply the beer at the same price as the squire.

It's called competition, and they are getting thrashed and as a result are strong arming us. Sacks of s**t.

The loss of the GDV should it come to pass is another example of why more needs to be done. Face it, we traded the devil in the SANFL for his twin brother the SMA, with all the same vested interests hidden behind "we are doing the community a service".

I had a very bad feeling about the whole stadium arrangement from the start and felt 100% that the more things change the more they stay the same.

We ****ed up the management of AO collectively as a state. I just hope the SMA and the SANFL are in their final stages of life, because if they aren't - we are genuinely ****ed. We will not be allowed to innovate, will never get a fair stadium deal and sure as hell will never be sustainable.

They are a dark cloud over the clubs success at AO. All of it means little because despite our massive turnaround and huge crowds we are turning very little profit. We are still on borrowed time, and will remain so until fundamental changes are made in this state.

The AFL needs to hurry the * up and introduce reserves to piss the SANFL off once and for all and relegate it to ******* amateur league status where it belongs.

campaigners.

Last edited:
What the SMA are saying here is "you are inciting violence through cheap beers"

However "we are willing to look the other way if you give us a slice"

Riiiiiight.

Kochie could and should call this s**t out publicly. Has the right persona and the right forum with which to do it.

Rucci article reminds me of kg and cornesys campaign when the crows were consitently getting beaten in the showdown.

Lets not say we aint going cause we are getting beaten. Lets say we wont go because, ya know... portz supporters keyed my car.

In other words, if you cant win by logic and reason, go for an outdated and incorrect stereotype.

Rucci article reminds me of kg and cornesys campaign when the crows were consitently getting beaten in the showdown.

Lets not say we aint going cause we are getting beaten. Lets say we wont go because, ya know... portz supporters keyed my car.

In other words, if you cant win by logic and reason, go for an outdated and incorrect stereotype.

What's the bet the crime statistics are worse at crows matches, go figure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grow the pie, except only in a way that benefits the SANFL directly.

Surely the SANFL/SMA have no say here. Funny how the SMA and the SANFL are literally the same thing.

I knew AO would suffer at the hands of these cretins. Take something perfect and ruin it because muh exorbitant beer sales.

They can't beat us in the legal stakes so they are now resorting to drumming up council and resident support to can the GDV getting them to voice that they feel threatened by drunken louts.

Better shut down the croquet club, and every bar on o'connel.
The club, particularly Koch who repeatedly, at our discomfort, bent over backwards last year to appease the Crows, SNAFL and SMA need to get their head out of their arses on this one and realise there is no playing nice with the SANFL/SMA.

This should be a rallying cry to war against them. Not just over the GDV, but getting in the ears of politicians that unless they start applying pressure to get us (and it'd mean Adelaide, but that's an improvement on the SANFL) onto the SMA board then as a club we'll start calling them out on it. And getting into Gillon that if he doesn't pressure his boys clubs mates to * off and leave the SA AFL clubs alone, then we'll drag the AFL through the courts and every media outlet possible for the Essendon debacle.

THIS is a sliding doors moment in the making, time for the club to say there is no longer room for both Port and the SANFL involved in the AFL at any level in this state and the club won't stop fighting until either us or them is ground into dust and merely history. And I back KT, Koch, Ken and our fanatical supporter base to ensure it's them that so rightly gets consigned to those stories grandpa tells of 'Back in my day Port had to pay most of their money raised to a bunch of leeches and ask their permission to tie their shoelaces', where the grandkids are 'Oh Grandpa! Why would anyone ever have put up with such a stupid arrangement? Why don't you go have a nap'.

The club, particularly Koch who repeatedly, at our discomfort, bent over backwards last year to appease the Crows, SNAFL and SMA need to get their head out of their arses on this one and realise there is no playing nice with the SANFL/SMA.

This should be a rallying cry to war against them .....
To go to war you need a wartime consigliere; a Churchill, an Abbott. Useless/dangerous at other times but aggressive and effective for a specified task.
Kochie and the current board are very effective administrators for normal times but otherwise be careful what you wish for.

A night home game for port upward of 900 g's is spent on food and drink, for the equivalent game for our neighbors they "only" spend 600. So maybe instead of spending all this time trying to stop us selling $5 beers maybe they should be telling Dot and Pat they can no longer bring their thermos into the ground.

The person who runs the bars and canteens.

Our game against Carlton in 14 was the record, ACDC did 1 million and day 1 of the test 1.8 mill.

Some back of the envelope calculations
$900,000 + $600,000 = $1.5mil x 11 = $16.5mil.
Previously I have said that the SANFL and SACA get a sales commission 20-25% of food and beverage sales during their part of the year from footy and cricket events respectively so $16.5% x 25% = $4.1mil.
Plus in 2014 we had the elimination final so I'd say $1mil would have been spent as the kiosks were always packed when I walked past them. So there is another $400k.

In 2014 we know from the figures released publicly the SANFL's income from AO was $14.9mil. See
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...w/news-story/5a7072a153ecd875697c8b505b408619

In the Stadium Deals thread I have put up a spread showing how I calculated that the the SANFL's share of 32x18 Super Boxes + 1,455 Stadium Club members + AOSMA Footy members = $10.5mil and therefore their commission from Food and Beverage would be $4.4mil. So you figures are on the ball.

Nice effort by the SACA to get about $450k commission on the pink ball test and 47,400 showed up.

That $250k sales commission on the ACDC concert shouldn't go either footy or cricket and go to the SMA to bank away as part of $2.7mil contribution to the Sinking Fund that has to be paid 1st September 2016 as per the agreement with The Minister and SMA as per the Act.

The first we heard anything about cars being keyed at AAMI was when cows supporters were pissed off at Robert Shaw.

The first we heard anything about cars being keyed at AAMI was when cows supporters were pissed off at Robert Shaw.
I remember one of the crows players (Stuart Wigney I think) who came from Victoria and still had Victorian plates on his car. He got his car keyed by crows supporters at footy park back in the dark ages of afl in sa. Lol

"Sales of beer are plummetting, but people are loving our $5 Coke machine racket all of a sudden. Also they buy the Cokes then disappear into a toilet cubicle for a minute. What's up with that?"
Voke tastes better in a cubicle.

Don't they understand how drinking works? You get nice and full at the GDV and then are more likely to drop some cash on their overpriced beers inside the ground. I always have to be half-cut before I consider paying their prices.

I wanted to make this point also. The times when I've spent the most inside the stadium is when I've had a couple at the GDV, because I stop caring about prices after 3 or 4 beers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back