Past #4: Shaun Higgins - Higgo traded to Geelong for 2020 #30 - 2x Syds/108 NM gms/96 NM gls - thx Higgo

Remove this Banner Ad

Higgins always showed the potential to be a very good player.

He did have a wretched run, with some really unusual injuries as well.

I am pleased to see him getting some continuity and showing what he can really do.

At the Bulldogs we have moved on and looking forward to some excitement with our emerging talent.

Haha yeah I'm so sad we lost a bloke that was playing VFL for us

He always looked like he was going to break out and did play a pretty good season a few years ago.

I never liked the bloke and the forum will back that up, I was rapt to see him leave and admit he played well last year but id be friggin stunned if he goes that well again.

Time will tell but leopards don't change their spots.

Have you ever thought he was playing VFL because he couldn't get his body right under your injury management coaches, physios etc? He was the second best free agent in 2015 and he has finally got two uninterrupted pre-seasons under his belt

Him being selected to be in the leadership shows him that we take him seriously and if you watch the interview we have given him a liscence to play HIS style of game. Did Bulldogs do that?

Be ready to be stunned again then ;)

Higgins always showed the potential to be a very good player.

He did have a wretched run, with some really unusual injuries as well.

I am pleased to see him getting some continuity and showing what he can really do.

At the Bulldogs we have moved on and looking forward to some excitement with our emerging talent.

You have some absolute guns probably not worth caring about ex bulldog players :)

No wonder you're not worried - you just replaced him with another bloke getting paid $1 million a year to play VFL :thumbsu:
images

No wonder you're not worried - you just replaced him with another bloke getting paid $1 million a year to play VFL :thumbsu:
The difference is the Bloke that they replaced him with ain't proven anything and still has a road of development in front of him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can have the pea heart he gave up on us and ended up in the VFL when we were shite. Left a club that supported him through years of injury so I for one was rapt to see him leave.

Had a great year last year but he will let you down its a guarantee. He is weak minded and when things aren't going well will get injured and disappear.

All the things you blokes are saying about him now we said 4/5 years ago so I wouldn't be banking on him playing as well as last year ever again

You got the lotto numbers for Tuesday Nostrils?

Higgins is an absolute gun and now that he has had all that loserish dogs mentality washed off, will more than likely go to a new level.

ManOfClay can you check this bloke into rehab, he has a shard issue it appears.

I will but don't get to many games at either level.

Let's hope Boyd doesn't have a good year and you look like a tool

Oh wait ... Too late

I'm out ciao don't bother responded won't read it

Didn't Higgins do that very thing to you?

Scully.

You forgot Scully!!

Good point.

Indeed, despite my snipey posts on this, I'm not anti-Boyd (he seems like a quality young man and a potential superstar), but you have to laugh at how pathetically desperate Footscray were in throwing all that cash at an unproven player. It will certainly bite them when Stringer, Bont, Macrae, Libba, Dahlhaus, etc. note that they are playing twice as well as him so perhaps they should be getting (lots) more coin.

And they let go of a gun who would have cost them significantly less than half. We thank them for that, of course.

You can have the pea heart he gave up on us and ended up in the VFL when we were shite. Left a club that supported him through years of injury so I for one was rapt to see him leave.

Had a great year last year but he will let you down its a guarantee. He is weak minded and when things aren't going well will get injured and disappear.

All the things you blokes are saying about him now we said 4/5 years ago so I wouldn't be banking on him playing as well as last year ever again

So aside his injury issues... and if you watched enough footy over the decades that you'd notice that some players take longer than others to regain their full fitness. You're sounding like a complete hypocrite.

Footy clubs are a business.. they can hope a player regains his form but it didn't happen. Wish him well and move on. Sheeeesh... why be so vindictive now??

Haha yeah I'm so sad we lost a bloke that was playing VFL for us

He always looked like he was going to break out and did play a pretty good season a few years ago.

I never liked the bloke and the forum will back that up, I was rapt to see him leave and admit he played well last year but id be friggin stunned if he goes that well again.

Time will tell but leopards don't change their spots.

You mean like how GAJ clearly showed talent and looked like he could become a gun player across his first couple, of season, but never quite made it happen consistently?

Or Dane Swan - imagine what might have happened if he got his s**t together and had actually played some consistent footy?

What about Brad Ottens - geez he looked like tearing the league apart in his first couple of seasons, but never quite got it to all come together, did he?

Or Stevie J? No way he'll clean up his act and capitalise on his talent.

Or how about even the bloke in my avatar - sure, he won the Magarey in that regional West Horsham competition (big deal), but he was always far too flakey and inconsistent (not to mention mercurial) to become a consistent gun. No wonder Barrass gave him a hard time - 2 stupid things for every brilliant thing. Could never see him becoming the kind of player who ends up winning Brownlows and Colemans and stuff - far too inconsistent.

Yep, all of those blokes were never going to do anything more than tease you with their talent, never going to be superstars, cos leopards never ever change their spots.

Haha Mattdougie ran back to the dogs board and told all his "mates" all the mean things we were saying about them.

Poor diddums, comes across, gets trolled endlessly and then has to go and get support from people by making s**t up to stop himself from shedding some doggie tears.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back