Toast Wines signs until 2018, Palmer and Howard sign until 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Only one year!
Had a freak out we went for longer when i saw the thread title

Yeah, well I'm not so thrilled. Nice lads and they've shown signs so far but I would like this sort of thing to wait until August. We went premature in re-signing Darcy Byrne Jones last year and he's no closer to a debut then he was the day he landed.

I don't like this sort of 'good bloke' contract decision making. If they have a good 2016 then 2017 will take care of itself.

im not sure it was a good bloke decision. They both showed signs and a one year deal is fair enough. DBJ is going to need to do an ah chee this year to stay on the list.

Yeah, well I'm not so thrilled. Nice lads and they've shown signs so far but I would like this sort of thing to wait until August. We went premature in re-signing Darcy Byrne Jones last year and he's no closer to a debut then he was the day he landed.

I don't like this sort of 'good bloke' contract decision making. If they have a good 2016 then 2017 will take care of itself.
In this new world of constant poaching I think a lot of teams will aim to sign up players earlier.

Dude, have you watched many magpies games? The guy is going to be a gun. Got a lot of Jasper about him, except decision making is already really strong for a youngster. Re-signing him was a good decision, just like locking these 2 in is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't seen much of both being in WA but Howard impressed me throwing himself around against Richmond in his NAB challenge game last year, I thought then there was something about the kid or he had something to work with.

Palmer I'm hoping puts pressure on Neade for Monfries spot this year. Glad to have em both signed up and hopefully these and Fitness First are just teasers leading into Ollie's announcement Friday

Port Adelaide might be entering a period where it becomes very difficult for guys to break into the starting 22. I think it's a very good idea for the club to start locking away some depth players that show promising signs.

It's also a show of faith by the club. Train hard, do all the right things and you'll get some security.

Edit: whoops double quote

Last edited:

Lol. Are you seriously questioning Palmer in particular who literally almost played in the seniors last year?

Carn.

Clearly they've passed their development KPIs to earn a 1 year extension at this point of their career.

It's good news.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back